How much HP do you think this setup has... (G35 TT)

25psi

Established Member
900..sounds like BS...lets see, a G35 has a 3.5 liter V6...for it to make 900 horsepower, even with twin turbos, it has to be running well over 30psi of boost...there is no way you can run that much boost on PUMP gas, you need race fuel. There is too much detonation on 93 or 94 octane gas to support that kind of boost. So, if the G35 owner was filling in anything less than 100 octane, he is not making 900 horsepower in his current setup.... Now, it is possible that he has some race tune that pulls 900 bhp at 30 psi of boost at 116 octane and 500 bhp on regular pump gas and low boost......in which case he needs to specify that!

You can't determine the amount of boost a specific car is running by displacement, to achieve a certain amount of hp. Head design plays an import roll......

In my personal experience, I made over 600rwhp and 650lbft on pump gas with 11:5:1 compression.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member

THIS JUST IN:

correction: ....looks like it takes more than 30k to get a VQ running that strong....
wow...what a waste of money. that guy is asking 44k for that 350Z.
private party value of the car alone is anywhere between 17-20k. and he's asking for 44k? to be asking that much for that car means he's easliy got 45-50k invested into the car (on top of what he bought the car for). looks like he's just trying to recoup at least half of what has been dumped into it.
guess my buddies evo isnt doing that bad. 12k in mods and running 8/10ths of a sec and 3mph slower (not to mention the evo is still on the factory AWD drivetrain and stock tranny) evo's rule! :rockon:

Last edited:

sisky wolf

Established Member
900..sounds like BS...lets see, a G35 has a 3.5 liter V6...for it to make 900 horsepower, even with twin turbos, it has to be running well over 30psi of boost...there is no way you can run that much boost on PUMP gas, you need race fuel. There is too much detonation on 93 or 94 octane gas to support that kind of boost. So, if the G35 owner was filling in anything less than 100 octane, he is not making 900 horsepower in his current setup.... Now, it is possible that he has some race tune that pulls 900 bhp at 30 psi of boost at 116 octane and 500 bhp on regular pump gas and low boost......in which case he needs to specify that!

MMR has motors making over 1600 hp on pump gas..course it takes running Meth injection ..which is equivalent to 116 octane and drops inlet temps drastically

25psi

Established Member
THIS JUST IN:

correction: ....looks like it takes more than 30k to get a VQ running that strong....
wow...what a waste of money. that guy is asking 44k for that 350Z.
private party value of the car alone is anywhere between 17-20k. and he's asking for 44k? to be asking that much for that car means he's easliy got 45-50k invested into the car (on top of what he bought the car for). looks like he's just trying to recoup at least half of what has been dumped into it.
guess my buddies evo isnt doing that bad. 12k in mods and running 8/10ths of a sec and 3mph slower (not to mention the evo is still on the factory AWD drivetrain and stock tranny) evo's rule! :rockon:

Do you think it really cost 30k to make 1000hp?

rb185afm

Established Member

To make a 1000 hp no. But to make 1000 hp and beef up the rest of the car to handle it maybe. Trans, rear end, suspension, built engine, turbo kit, clutch, all add up really quick. Add labor in and it can get silly real quick to make that kind of power in a car designed to make under 300. I spent 8k just in my turbo kit, clutch, and intercooler. My clutch was 1800 alone.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member

c'mon bud.....you gotta admit..look at the part list:

Engine (VQ35DE):
* 3.5L VQ35DE, 8500rpm redline
* CP Pistons & Eagle Rods
* HKS Head Gaskets, ARP L19 Head Studs
* Injected Performance Billet Main Girdle, ARP Main Studs
* Brian Crower BC Stage3 272 Cams, Valve Springs, Retainers
* Cosworth Intake Plenum
* Custom Injected Performance Extreme Single Turbo Setup
* Garrett GT42R 76mm Ball-Bearing Single Turbo (1000+hp rating)
* 4inch Burns Stainless Steel V-Band Exhaust w/ Burns Muffler
* Greddy Intercooler w/ Aluminum Piping
* HKS 60mm Wastegate & Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
* Saldana Aluminum Radiator
* Custom crankcase ventilation and catch can setup

Fuel:
* Bugatti Veyron Fuel Pump In-Tank
* Injected Performance High Flow Fuel Rails
* Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator, 10AN Fuel Feed, 6AN Return

Drivetrain/Suspension:
* 6 Speed Manual Transmission
* Tilton Triple-Disc Clutch and Tilton Lightweight Flywheel
* Driveshaft Shop DSS PRO Axles, NISMO Extended Wheel Studs
* B&M Short Throw Shifter
* LSD Differential - Stock
* Injected Performance Dif Brace
* Injected Performance Solid Motor Mounts
* MR Coilovers, SPL Camber Arms, Toe Bolts
* Injected Performance Driveshaft Loop
* Dual Line-Lock setup retaining ABS/VDC
* Lightweight 18" wheels with MT 305/35-18 Drag Radials

Electronics:
* Haltech Platinum PNP Standalone Engine Management
* Haltech Mapped Boost-by-Speed Control
* Haltech Wideband O2 Sensor
* Tuned by Hal @ Injected Performance

THOSE ARE SOME SERIOUS PERFORMANCE/SUPPORTING MODS! :burnout:

.....keep in mind the average joe doesn't know ANYBODY, so everything is full price. PLUS you gotta add up labor. again, the average joe doesn't know dick about installing or tuning so you gotta factor that in as well.
...before you know it...you knocking on 30k+ :D

25psi

Established Member

Engine (VQ35DE):
* Cosworth Intake Plenum

Fuel:

Drivetrain/Suspension:

Electronics:

.....keep in mind the average joe doesn't know ANYBODY, so everything is full price. PLUS you gotta add up labor. again, the average joe doesn't know dick about installing or tuning so you gotta factor that in as well.

You could also spend 40k on a 800hp EVO if you purchased nothing but JUN parts as well......get my drift.

Custom anything like the turbokit above, of course will cost more. Secondly, you do not need a $1700 Cosworth plenum to make that much power as well. And in addition to this, I would imagine you know how much a Tilton triple disc clutch is(again, another part not needed). Those are somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5k dollars. You can purchase clutches for a fraction of that amount. Furthermore, a Bugatti fuel pump.......that alone would cost a few grand. More that likely, you would need to spend in the roughly 20g's on a properly built 350z.

25psi

Established Member
To make a 1000 hp no. But to make 1000 hp and beef up the rest of the car to handle it maybe. Trans, rear end, suspension, built engine, turbo kit, clutch, all add up really quick. Add labor in and it can get silly real quick to make that kind of power in a car designed to make under 300. I spent 8k just in my turbo kit, clutch, and intercooler. My clutch was 1800 alone.

Stock rear ends have held past 1000hp. SP Engineering who are known for building insane supras, have run 9's on stock trans.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
You could also spend 40k on a 800hp EVO if you purchased nothing but JUN parts as well......get my drift.

Custom anything like the turbokit above, of course will cost more. Secondly, you do not need a $1700 Cosworth plenum to make that much power as well. And in addition to this, I would imagine you know how much a Tilton triple disc clutch is(again, another part not needed). Those are somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5k dollars. You can purchase clutches for a fraction of that amount. Furthermore, a Bugatti fuel pump.......that alone would cost a few grand. More that likely, you would need to spend in the roughly 20g's on a properly built 350z.

ageed.....but right now we're discussing the example that YOU provided and the one I provided.
now you're just "speculating" that both cars cost the same to achieve the same HP levels.
im arguing of course that is not true. simply for the fact that the 4G63 is superior to a VQ motor based on the fact that to get some serious power out of these motors, ALOT more money is required to get a VQ running just as strong as a 4G63.
which in the end separates the VQ "fanatics" from the VQ "posers".
yes there are some fast VQ's out there; but they are few and far between. heck i can go on youtube and they'll be dozens of 11 sec evo's...
why you ask? because its cheap to mod it and see awesome results! just like the Termi.
you're fighting an uphill battle, that from the getgo, you're gonna loose because you're defending a motor that wasn't designed mainly for HP but for longevity and MPG.
the 4G63 is a cast iron block with forged internals and a nice little twin scroll 16g turbocharger from the get go. thats half the battle right there! the rest.....well...you get the point...

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
Stock rear ends have held past 1000hp. SP Engineering who are known for building insane supras, have run 9's on stock trans.

...yea but how long before it goes: BOOOMMMM!!!

the T6060 in my opinion is one of the best trannies ever built and i know those can handle some serious power and are superior to a toyota tranny.

Last edited:

25psi

Established Member
ageed.....but right now we're discussing the example that YOU provided and the one I provided.
now you're just "speculating" that both cars cost the same to achieve the same HP levels.
im arguing of course that is not true. simply for the fact that the 4G63 is superior to a VQ motor based on the fact that to get some serious power out of these motors, ALOT more money is required to get a VQ running just as strong as a 4G63.
which in the end separates the VQ "fanatics" from the VQ "posers".
yes there are some fast VQ's out there; but they are few and far between. heck i can go on youtube and they'll be dozens of 11 sec evo's...
why you ask? because its cheap to mod it and see awesome results! just like the Termi.
you're fighting an uphill battle, that from the getgo, you're gonna loose because you're defending a motor that wasn't designed mainly for HP but for longevity and MPG.
the 4G63 is a cast iron block with forged internals and a nice little twin scroll 16g turbocharger from the get go. thats half the battle right there! the rest.....well...you get the point...

I never stated that the VQ series motors were superior to 4g63! As I stated earlier when comparing to the 2jz, that the heads flow more cfm and is more efficient platform if you were going to spend the money.

Your statement about the VQ being N/A or any motor that was not designed from the factory turbocharged not withstanding more power than the 4g63 is also false. One being the 2002-2008 M3 is one example and has been known to make over 700rwhp+ on a completely stock unopened motor. Another is the F20C(S2K) which I believe the record is slightly over 700hp as well.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
I never stated that the VQ series motors were superior to 4g63! .

i know you didnt. I did! :D

As I stated earlier when comparing to the 2jz, that the heads flow more cfm and is more efficient platform if you were going to spend the money.

:shrug: im a little ignorant on the CFM argument of the 2JZ vs. VQ. id have to consult with someone who owns one or someone else can chime in.

Your statement about the VQ being N/A or any motor that was not designed from the factory turbocharged not withstanding more power than the 4g63 is also false. One being the 2002-2008 M3 is one example and has been known to make over 700rwhp+ on a completely stock unopened motor.

you must be talking about the HPF turbo kit for the E46 motor. ehh...that's a so so argument. to be honest, if you google some of the conversations on that topic...its a so so argument filled with A LOT of skepticism (spelling?).
meaning no one wants to be a guinea pig and find out just how long an E46 with stock internals can withstand that much pressure. the E46 has an aluminum block, no forged pistons or rods, a very high compression ratio, a very high redline and a relatively long stroke. as someone educated in the field of turbocharging such as yourself, that's all a receipe for disaster.
and man, what a jump in power:

700hp E46

from 270 something to 700+ rwhp? :eek:

not to mention the $19k price tag! :uh oh:

Last edited:

CPV35

Established Member

Engine (VQ35DE):
* Cosworth Intake Plenum

Fuel:

Drivetrain/Suspension:

Electronics:

That car does not have 30k in supporting mods, its owned by Hal @ Injected himself and he made the custom kit himself, not to mention all the parts are probably bought at cost.

whoever paid $1700 for a cosworth is a retard. I paid $970 for mine brand new

Ironhand

Banned
Agree with everything, EXCEPT, I hope you are excluding HBH my friend....

I was saying they went from Sam then to nut swing on Hermann. Thats what I was saying. Besides I have alot of respect for Hermann. He put on my upper pulley for free and he is a professional in everything he does.

90GSXDan

Established Member
I wouldnt go that far into calling BS JUST yet! There are already PLENTY of people out there making TONS of power on the VQ35DE motors... Here are a couple of examples.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVfJeUJ2V8w"]YouTube - PFSupercars 861rwhp Twin Turbo 350z[/nomedia]

Headgames has recently teamed up with a company in Europe and have already made 1200+hp on the VQ35DE, twin turbo as well. Research is still continuing in making more power!
a 1200+hp VQ35(350Z)engine on the dyno! - evolutionm.net

And this will hurt alout of you, but Sound Performance (who owns one of the FASTEST Supa's in the world) have really outdone themselves with this 350z. Enjoy!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mACZVFZ6wI8&feature=related"]YouTube - SP 350z 1248 rwhp!!![/nomedia]

But enough with all the VQ35DE shit, THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED!!! Listen how RIDICULOUSLY BEASTLY this sounds! Absolute ANIMAL!
YouTube - TheRealSnyper's Channel

Dan :beer:

90GSXDan

Established Member
Damn, seems like I was alittle late with my post. But I want to add something on to this current discussion.

I dont know who or why, but why even try to compare a motor like a 4G63 that has 1 head, and 2 less cylinders to a VQ35DE? AT LEAST try to keep it with the same amount of cylinders! Thats SUCH a bad comparison and you cant even begin to reason why a VQ35DE is superior over the 4G63! Simply ridiculous.

Dan :beer:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
That car does not have 30k in supporting mods, its owned by Hal @ Injected himself and he made the custom kit himself, not to mention all the parts are probably bought at cost.

Exactly my point! ......what about the average JOE that doesn't have the hookup???

30k comes knocking on your door pretty fast when you factor in parts and labor.

CPV35

Established Member
Exactly my point! ......what about the average JOE that doesn't have the hookup???

30k comes knocking on your door pretty fast when you factor in parts and labor.

I guess we can just go buy a mustang, camaro, or evo and save money then :dw:

RunYaDoors

In the cobra
Established Member
Please race the guy and record it or at least let us know what happened. My money says you smoke him. 900 on pump gas? I didn't see any drive train supporting mods in the photos ether. I hate guys that spend an arm and a leg on there car getting it built because they know nothing about them, then make some outrageous hp claims when they have never even tested the car. Not saying this is the case but it does seem that way.

Users who are viewing this thread