How much RWHP on a GT?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
barondw said:
That's you opinion. Buy a GT and dyno it yourself if you don't like my post

No need to get pissy dude. I didn't say I don't like your post, I am just saying your numbers aren't valid. I do not understand why a dyno is limited to only a 3rd gear pull. If it's a dynojet, it can handle 1200RWHP. Can you explain further on what you mean? Thanks

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
Damn this is going to be awesome!!!! Make sure you get it on video!
:rockon:

John @ HPE

Established Member
badcobra said:
I have a race lined up with a Ford GT in two weeks and want to know what they put down for power. Has anyone anywhere seen a dyno sheet on one of these bad boys?

Last week I saw a GT put down 515 rw hp and 481 rw torque on a Dynojet 248C chassis dyno. Pretty impressive.

John

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
John @ HPE said:
Last week I saw a GT put down 515 rw hp and 481 rw torque on a Dynojet 248C chassis dyno. Pretty impressive.

John

Nice, thats some serious power. Some people are probably going to call :bs: because it's not 550rwhp.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Mileage and factory tunes seem to be playing a role in the power number discrepancies.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Nice, thats some serious power. Some people are probably going to call :bs: because it's not 550rwhp.

Isn't this car still underated with hp from Ford even with only 515 rwhp. :shrug:

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Captain Beyond said:
Isn't this car still underated with hp from Ford even with only 515 rwhp. :shrug:

Yeah it is. Someone sometime said they dyno ~550rwhp and I just said that since this one "only" dynoed 515 that something must be wrong with it to be that low. Thats still a lot of power from the factory. Just making a worthless comment ;-)

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Here is the dyno from HPE website. Only has 835 miles and will probablt gain ~20more with more break-in. I did not realize though how low the torque is. I would expect it to be a torque monster with the pos displ s/c.

pic4.jpg

2814v

Established Member
AzDropTop said:
I think it's kind of funny that some are poo pooing a car with over 500 HP. Man, times have changed.

You got that right, I can remember how happy I was with my modded 97 cobra making 290 RWHP. That stock GT only put down 515RWHP, give that dog a can of alpo. :shrug:

Reality Check

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Here is the dyno from HPE website. Only has 835 miles and will probablt gain ~20more with more break-in. I did not realize though how low the torque is. I would expect it to be a torque monster with the pos displ s/c.

pic4.jpg
Car would have dynoed even less (not by much) if Hennessey knew how to use the smoothing feature. Regardless still bad ass car.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
badcobra said:
No need to get pissy dude. I didn't say I don't like your post, I am just saying your numbers aren't valid. I do not understand why a dyno is limited to only a 3rd gear pull. If it's a dynojet, it can handle 1200RWHP. Can you explain further on what you mean? Thanks

Maybe a GTs top speed in 4th gear exceeds what you can spin the drum at :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread