How often does someone "notice" or "compliment" you car?

Black01Vert

Established Member
I have been getting a ton of compliments on my v6 lately. Ever since I got an or/h I always have people telling me sounds good, rev it. Been getting all sorts of cars/minivans/work trucks to rev at me at redlights and they tend to floor it when light turns green.
Get a few at gas stations every so often as well.
Never thought my little 3.8L would get this much attention

CJK440

Established Member
I think my vert stands out pretty well with the stance, spoiler, wheels, triple black and since the top is often dropped, the lightbar. Other people agree too as it commands more attention than I expected.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
I get people following me, chicks yelling from the sidewalk or out of their cars at me, "I love your car!" or "give me a ride!" Old people look at me either in bewilderment or anger/fear. Little boys are always stoked out of their minds pointing or just in complete awe staring as I roll by.

Pics of this car please.

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
To a lot of people they absolutely don't understand this aspect of it. They think fast cars are just either "status symbols" to try and show everyone how much richer and better than everyone else. Or "sleepers" hotrodded beaters to pull a fast one on a newer or more high-end car that some so called rich dummy, an underhanded attempt to crush an ego. :bored: It's not that at all. It's about being that kid on the playground hearing a souped up ride coming down the street and getting that chill down your spine. It's about stoking people out. Not trying to one up everyone. Not just trying to be better than everyone.

People have told me I'm silly and overly spiritual about cars.. I tend to personify them alot as if they have their own personality, as if they're alive. I think if you pour your heart and soul into building them like we all do, they become a part of you. And it makes me feel great to hear that people are really happier or just amazed for having crossed paths with me that day. I think that's really what separates us as enthusiasts. :thumbsup:

That just about sums it up... Well said!

dumbstixlars

Established Member
People have told me I'm silly and overly spiritual about cars.. I tend to personify them alot as if they have their own personality, as if they're alive. I think if you pour your heart and soul into building them like we all do, they become a part of you. And it makes me feel great to hear that people are really happier or just amazed for having crossed paths with me that day. I think that's really what separates us as enthusiasts. :thumbsup:

You nailed it. I'm like that with each one of my rides. :rockon:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I got a fair bit of attention at one point in time, years and years ago when these cars weren't so old and I was in highschool and early college.

Where I live now mine looks pretty much like every other of the 10 billion Mustangs in this town. No one notices, no one asks questions, no one cares, except for the very seldom car guy. I like it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread