How often does someone "notice" or "compliment" you car?

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
I forgot about the rims and exhaust compliments. I also always have people wanting to buy my car everywhere I go. The paint is showing its age as all laser red cars do, but obviously people still think it looks good so the compliments make me feel better about it.

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
i get compliments all the time. I like seeing how kids get all excited when they see my car. If you arent getting compliments and would like some. Post a picture of your car and we can make some suggestions. Usually the car lowered and the car being washed do the trick to get compliments. Wheels also help a lot

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

Car DOES have the facotry spoiler back on, but doesnt have exhaust tips anymore.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
CY is one of those colors people either love or hate. I haven't found a lot of in-between.

I came out of a bar one night to a note stuck on my windshield, "20th anniversary Camaro son, race for pinks bitch!" w/ a phone number. I called the number to no avail :shrug:

That counts :nonono:

war_machine92

Banned
around here, el paso, all these hispanic chicks lookin for a good time, its all day everyday lol. idk about newer stangs but maybe its just because how good mine looks for its age and its sound. the S trim gets them everytime lol. when guys ask me about it/compliment it i find myself standing there explaining everything and it gets old after a while. almost every time i park it its story time

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I get alot of looks, and alot of attention. People complimenting me etc. I do get some shit just like always. But I get alot of "oh that's a REAL cobra?". People never cease to amaze me

1989Gt.

Banned
CY is one of those colors people either love or hate. I haven't found a lot of in-between.

I came out of a bar one night to a note stuck on my windshield, "20th anniversary Camaro son, race for pinks bitch!" w/ a phone number. I called the number to no avail :shrug:

That counts :nonono:

rofl!! omg thats great man i think that counts and the sad part it wasnt a real number! :rockon:

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I use to get compliments all the time in my Mystic. But my.mustangs since have looked stockist with crappy paint so they didn't get much attention. My truck gets compliments all day long. Its a diesel F250 on 38s with 8" of lift.

Guizá

Established Member
The last time was a couple of weeks ago, some guy gave me a thumbs up. I think it's the color because my black car never got a single compliment.

pacific4v

Established Member
I get a lot of questions/compliments when Im filling up with e85. The blower whistle gets a lot of people's attention too. I get a lot of "is that turbo'd?". Lol.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
every so often, happened again just today. got more with the Bullitt but then it was a lot more visually modified and then those cams.......got lots of attention at lights.

cody_288

Established Member
around here, el paso, all these hispanic chicks lookin for a good time, its all day everyday lol. idk about newer stangs but maybe its just because how good mine looks for its age and its sound. the S trim gets them everytime lol. when guys ask me about it/compliment it i find myself standing there explaining everything and it gets old after a while. almost every time i park it its story time

Our cars are twins, at least visually lol. :beer:

Ever since I painted it in May/ powder coated the pony wheels it has been an attention whore.

my98stang46

Established Member
Never gotten a compliment on the cobra. Can't drive the Z out of the driveway without everyone wanting to race

sidewinderl

Established Member
I also always have people wanting to buy my car everywhere I go. The paint is showing its age as all laser red cars do, but obviously people still think it looks good so the compliments make me feel better about it.

I live way out in the country and don't drive it to many places, so they just come to my door :cryying:

SpittingCobra

Established Member
I get people following me, chicks yelling from the sidewalk or out of their cars at me, "I love your car!" or "give me a ride!" Old people look at me either in bewilderment or anger/fear. Little boys are always stoked out of their minds pointing or just in complete awe staring as I roll by.

Once I was working on the car at my girlfriend's house and kept having to fire it up and rev it a bit. She lived across from some kind of daycare/preschool and the recess lady had to keep yelling at the little boys that were climbing the chainlink fence. She kept dispersing them for 20min and finally just gave up lol we were cracking up even though the car was pissing us off! They had no interest in playing on the playground whatsoever, just staring away in awe at us and the car.

Mainly the full exhaust (LT's, O/R-X, Mac's) is unlike anything most people have on cars in my area. It's usually a crappy cat-back's with stock headers/stock h-pipe with restrictive cat's. So it has a very distinct sound that really gets people going. Then there's the procharger with an open bypass, sound like a jet taxing through downtown so people are just awestruck by it. I'm the only one in the area running mine like that.

I've had people tell me they were following me for miles just got distracted "just staring at how good the ass looked with the Hoosier tires (335's) stuffed under there! missed our turn forgot where we were going!" The car even has secret admirers in neighboring towns that have recognized me, apporached me and started interviewing me about the car/set-up lol. Even as far as an hour away someone recognized me by the car. I get people downtown at the bars asking me where the car has been, "how's she doing?" do I still have it, what happened, why haven't they seen it lol.

What I find the funniest is the rice-boys in the SRT 4's, STi's, EVO's, they all have this special rev-blow-off move they do next to me. It sounds like a moped revving and then a f**king mouse sneezing at me hahahaha! :loser: You know, just so I know they're turbo'd. So I just kindly rev mine to like 5k and let off and it sounds absolutely insane with the open bypass. All of the sudden their grin will fade away to a sort of pale blankness. And then they no longer make eye contact with you either haha.

I can't remember a time actually where I drove the car and someone didn't feel compelled to tell me how stoked they were on it :bowdown:. It's one of the reasons I've loved owning and modifying the car so much. It's like I made everyone's day just by showing up in it. And I'm totally the same way when I see a really well put together car that has a great sound, stance, the right wheel and tire fitment, it really makes my day. I enjoy this part of owning and hotrodding sports cars just as much as racing them.

To a lot of people they absolutely don't understand this aspect of it. They think fast cars are just either "status symbols" to try and show everyone how much richer and better than everyone else. Or "sleepers" hotrodded beaters to pull a fast one on a newer or more high-end car that some so called rich dummy, an underhanded attempt to crush an ego. :bored: It's not that at all. It's about being that kid on the playground hearing a souped up ride coming down the street and getting that chill down your spine. It's about stoking people out. Not trying to one up everyone. Not just trying to be better than everyone.

People have told me I'm silly and overly spiritual about cars.. I tend to personify them alot as if they have their own personality, as if they're alive. I think if you pour your heart and soul into building them like we all do, they become a part of you. And it makes me feel great to hear that people are really happier or just amazed for having crossed paths with me that day. I think that's really what separates us as enthusiasts. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I have gotten a fewcomments about my 95 Crystal White cobra since I got it. Everyone loves the svo/borla side sxhaust and how the car ideals with the cam...everyone always knows it is cammed lol.

Users who are viewing this thread