(HOW-TO) Bullitt side scoops installed! PICS

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
So I just installed my new Bullitt side scoops. Install is pretty easy. The only tools needed are double-stick tape and a small flathead screwdriver to help remove the clips from the car.
  1. Pull the stockers off starting from the lower forward edge, work your way up the front, then tap the scoop towards the rear to unsnap it from the rear clips. Then remove the clips that stayed on the car, and remove the clips that stayed on the scoop.
  2. Prep the car by wiping the dirt off the edges of where the scoop was, especially the leading edge behind the door. This area must be clean so that the double-stick tape will hold. Be sure to clean the leading edge of the backside of the Bullitt scoop as well.
  3. Put 3 clips on the new Bullitt scoop, and add a strip of double-stick tape to the leading edge of the scoop just behind the little lip that's there. Leave the backing on the second side of the tape, but just peel back about an inch of it from one end or the other.
  4. While holding the piece of backing that you just peeled from the double stick tape, clip the clips into the holes on the body of the car. Once the scoop is in place, peel the backing off the tape and press the forward edge of the scoop onto the body to make the tape stick.
That's all there is to it! Repeat on the other side of the car to avoid looking like an dumbass.

P1000821.jpg

P1000822.jpg

P1000823.jpg

P1000827.jpg

P1000826.jpg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Looks super clean!

I if the scoops were easier to change I think I'd swap between the two styles...the Bullitts def. look nice.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Looks super clean!

I if the scoops were easier to change I think I'd swap between the two styles...the Bullitts def. look nice.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Don't toss those old scoops! Did you know that they are the only part on the car that uses the description "Terminator"? It's embossed on the backside of the fake grill.
There's no other stock piece on the car that says Terminator. (according to the "Iron Fist, Lead Foot" book about SVT and Coletti.)

Nice clean look, btw.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Hmm. I thought you had to remove the interior panels to get em off. Thats good to hear, maybe ill get a set after all.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
Don't toss those old scoops! Did you know that they are the only part on the car that uses the description "Terminator"? It's embossed on the backside of the fake grill.
There's no other stock piece on the car that says Terminator. (according to the "Iron Fist, Lead Foot" book about SVT and Coletti.)

Nice clean look, btw.

On the part I think your right but I do have a few stickers on the front bumper that say terminator, spend enough time under the car you start to see all these things

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I think they were the only "part" with the name in it; but there are stickers/decals all over the care that have the "Terminator" moniker on them.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have a set right next to me waiting for paint.

Did you have a local shop paint them or a Ford dealer? And how much did the painting set you back.

Drewzilla

Established Member
Don't like it looks like a '05 up V6.

As far as Terminator elsewhere on the car the OE ID sticker for my rear bumper cover says Terminator as well.

You think changing the side scoops made the car look like a v6? lol. I think it's much cleaner and Ive thought about doing it in the past. I forgot about it until now. Maybe in the future I will.

insane99svt

Established Member
You think changing the side scoops made the car look like a v6? lol. I think it's much cleaner and Ive thought about doing it in the past. I forgot about it until now. Maybe in the future I will.

I agree I also like the saleen ones reason being is on my white coupe they just don't look like they belong at certain angles I notice when washing it.

Has anyone ever filled in the lines making it look like one piece of the fender ?
I think that would be BA with the factory ones.

XtraTQ

Established Member
They look clean. But I think I like the stock scoops a little better also.

Tractionless1

Established Member

Sure do, I made the emphasis to check out an '05 up a few days ago and in my opinion Ford cheaped out on keeping with the Mustang side vent tradition. Changing from stock to the flat pieces as the author of the thread did makes it look cheap. The Saleens are a much better option, at least they are dimensional.

Users who are viewing this thread