How to change your oil instructions.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
Saw this on a local forum. Thought id share.
Oil Change instructions for Women :

1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last oil change.

2) Drink a cup of coffee.

3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.

Money spent:

Oil Change:$20.00
Coffee: $1.00
Total: $21.00
==========

Oil Change instructions for Men :

1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for $50.00.

2) Stop by 7/11 and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20, drive home.

3) Open a beer and drink it.

4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.

5) Find jack stands under kid ' s pedal car.

6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.

7) Place drain pan under engine..

8) Look for 9/16 box end wrench.

9) Give up and use crescent wrench.

10) Unscrew drain plug.

11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on you in process. Cuss.

12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms. Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.

13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.

14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.

15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and twist off.

16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.

17) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface.

18) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.

19) Remember drain plug from step 11.

20) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.

21) Drink beer.

22) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.

23) Get drain plug back in with only a minor spill. Drink beer.

24) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame removing any excess skin between knuckles and frame.

25) Begin cussing fit.

26) Throw stupid crescent wrench.

27) Cuss for additional 5 minutes because wrench hit bowling trophy.

28) Beer.

29) Clean up hands and bandage as required to stop blood flow.

30) Beer.

31) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.

32) Beer.

33) Lower car from jack stands.

34) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during any missed steps.

35) Beer.

36) Test drive car.

37) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.

38) Car gets impounded.

39) Call loving wife, make bail..

40) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.

Money spent:
Parts: $50..00
DUI: $2500.00
Impound fee: $75.00
Bail: $1500.00
Beer: $20.00
Total: $4,145.00
But you know the job was done right!

oneSICsvt

Established Member
oil change at jiffy lube 20 dollars doing a "MANLY" oil change 4195 dollars. but knowing you did the job right PRICELESS:beer:

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
now that's some funny stuff right there......

talking about JIFFY LUBE how many of you have seen this???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJjqr0QbIk]YouTube - Jiffy Lube Scam - Pay for work never done[/ame]

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Shit, it costs me like $200 to change my oil. It just always happens that all three cars need it at the same time. The Cobra and the wife's Acura combined = 14 quarts of Mobil 1 and 2 Mobil 1 filters and my Jeep gets 5 quarts of the cheapest crap I can buy and a cheap filter. Then I add a bottle of injector cleaner to the Acura and the Jeep. Dam I wish I could just go to Jiffy Lube..... Ahhh, on the other hand, no I don't.

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
Well I had a couple thoughts on this. If the oil change place makes an error that results on catastrophic engine failure a DUI would be cheaper.

Also, I have had many of those terrible things happen to me personally such as having to drive a screw driver through the filter to get it off and dropping the plug in the oil collection tray.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
If the oil change place makes an error and its proven, shouldn't they cover the new motor? I don't think you can get the beer company to cough up the dough for the DUI :lol:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
now that's some funny stuff right there......

talking about JIFFY LUBE how many of you have seen this???

YouTube - Jiffy Lube Scam - Pay for work never done

I saw this some time ago. Don't you love the district manager who lied about who he was, and even lied about which car was his? I would NEVER go to a Jiffy Lube. NEVER. Unfortunately these service scams aren't all that uncommon. My Infiniti SUV is due for its 60 month service which costs $700! There is a list of about 2 dozen things they check. Problem is I can't be sure all of those things will actually be checked. So I'm left with the decision of handing over $700. for service I can't be sure is done 100%, or save my money and hold off until maybe later this year if I lease a new vehicle.

chitowncobra

Established Member
Saw this on a local forum. Thought id share.
Oil Change instructions for Women :

1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the last oil change.

2) Drink a cup of coffee.

3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.

Money spent:

Oil Change:$20.00
Coffee: $1.00
Total: $21.00
==========

Oil Change instructions for Men :

1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a check for $50.00.

2) Stop by 7/11 and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20, drive home.

3) Open a beer and drink it.

4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.

5) Find jack stands under kid ' s pedal car.

6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it.

7) Place drain pan under engine..

8) Look for 9/16 box end wrench.

9) Give up and use crescent wrench.

10) Unscrew drain plug.

11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on you in process. Cuss.

12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms. Throw kitty litter on spilled oil.

13) Have another beer while watching oil drain.

14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench.

15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil filter and twist off.

16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer.

17) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to gasket surface.

18) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.

19) Remember drain plug from step 11.

20) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan.

21) Drink beer.

22) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw kitty litter on oil spill.

23) Get drain plug back in with only a minor spill. Drink beer.

24) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame removing any excess skin between knuckles and frame.

25) Begin cussing fit.

26) Throw stupid crescent wrench.

27) Cuss for additional 5 minutes because wrench hit bowling trophy.

28) Beer.

29) Clean up hands and bandage as required to stop blood flow.

30) Beer.

31) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil.

32) Beer.

33) Lower car from jack stands.

34) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during any missed steps.

35) Beer.

36) Test drive car.

37) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence.

38) Car gets impounded.

39) Call loving wife, make bail..

40) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.

Money spent:
Parts: $50..00
DUI: $2500.00
Impound fee: $75.00
Bail: $1500.00
Beer: $20.00
Total: $4,145.00
But you know the job was done right!
HA HA HA :):):) well this happened to me once i forgot to take off the drain pan cap and oil all over the drive way! what a mess, but the beer was good!! and the wife helped me clean it up!!

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Since I have a bad back you have to add the cost of the four post lift so I can change my own oil.

But I know it's done right. Dammit!

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
I saw this some time ago. Don't you love the district manager who lied about who he was, and even lied about which car was his? I would NEVER go to a Jiffy Lube. NEVER. Unfortunately these service scams aren't all that uncommon. My Infiniti SUV is due for its 60 month service which costs $700! There is a list of about 2 dozen things they check. Problem is I can't be sure all of those things will actually be checked. So I'm left with the decision of handing over $700. for service I can't be sure is done 100%, or save my money and hold off until maybe later this year if I lease a new vehicle.

i can not believe how easy they scam people and how easy they make money.that's why they don't let you go in the shop and watch them. a lot of shops do it and they just get away with it.it happened to some of my friends.they should be put in jail cuz they take money from hard working people.when something like that happens you feel like you wanna punch one of them right in the face ,but hey guess what.....your going to jail for punching someone that tried to steal from you.:fm:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I used to work a gas station/repair shop way back in my high school days. The shop owners were absolutely on the up and up and were very customer service oriented BUT, the attendants weren't so eager to please. You get these fly by night knuckle heads that could care less about a minimum wage gas pumping job and you wouldn't believe the things they come up with to scam people.
I caught a guy checking customers oil, telling them that they were a quart low, charging them for the quart, than grabbing a staged empty quart and acting as if he was filling it. Since the oil quarts are accounted for, he would just keep using the empty and would pocket the cash for each "supposed quart of oil." I have no idea how many poor people paid him $3.50 for a quart of oil until I caught him. The only reason I caught him is because I ran out of oil in the shop and grabbed his empty off the rack to fill a car that I was working on. I suspected it right away and put it back, than watched him do it. Found out later he that he was doing the same thing with tranny fluid, window washer fluid, coolant and even fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread