How to get a hold of stiegemeier?

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
I've been trying to search, so forgive me if this has been posted, every time I type in the "search" box, there aren't any letters, not sure what's going on with that.

I currently have a stage 3 port/polish and was looking at upgrading, possibly doing the snake bite conversion, until I can go with a different blower.

I've sent emails and couple phone calls and have yet to hear anything, do they normally have a slow response time, or do I need to find them on a forum somewhere or what?

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
I've been trying to search, so forgive me if this has been posted, every time I type in the "search" box, there aren't any letters, not sure what's going on with that.

I currently have a stage 3 port/polish and was looking at upgrading, possibly doing the snake bite conversion, until I can go with a different blower.

I've sent emails and couple phone calls and have yet to hear anything, do they normally have a slow response time, or do I need to find them on a forum somewhere or what?

Just keep calling I eventually get him on phone..his website says snake bite upgrade costs $1295, Id rather save for 2.3 TVS

TRBO VNM

Don't do the snakebite and frankly you have one of the better ports. Save the money on those two items and you are half way to saving for a blower upgrade. If you HAVE to spend money, spend money on upgrades to support the future blower. Fuel, exhaust, etc.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
from my understanding 3 is one of his best ports..maybe it was 4?

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
Well I got a hold of him today. What makes 3 his best port? For the 500 was thinking the stage 7 and getting it done in wrinkle black. Just shooting for 5+ at the wheels for now.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
why on earth would you give him anymore money? please whatever you do, dont buy any of his gimmicks

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
I havent given him any yet. But I personally know people with stage 5 and 7 ports getting good numbers out of them. I didn't think 400.00 was bad.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
I appreciate the input but is there any reason as to why you say they are gimmicks?

snakebite, for example, only changes the internal gears in the snout. this does nothing different than changing pullies would.

EXCEPT, changing the gears in the snout changes the drive ratio and causes a loss in power trying to turn the rotors.

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
Shying away from snake bite as I didn't know it cost that much. What about the ports? Like I said I only know what I know from personal experience just was looking for some more out of it until I can do a built motor and tvs

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Shying away from snake bite as I didn't know it cost that much. What about the ports? Like I said I only know what I know from personal experience just was looking for some more out of it until I can do a built motor and tvs

I would look into a Johnny or Joker port then.

Someone who cares about their customers and the performance community, at least.

Stieg stuff tends to have not enough inlet work which is why they are typically down on torque compared to other ports.

Tractionless1

Established Member
OP,

As TRBOVNM said you have one of the real deal ports that work, the rest are just marketing. The stage IV is the other good unit. If you want to upgrade buy a Posi ported blower or Posi case as found in the Market section.

mustang john

Established Member
There have been little to no real world gains since the Stg III and IV ports came out. Save up for a TVS then you can still call yourself an Eaton guy lol!

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
what power are you putting down now?

could you just port the TB / plenum and pulley down?

do fuel mods where needed and save for TVS... i'm on the latest port with matched TB and plenum, 2.8 upper and 4lb lower - 522rwhp

i'll have a TVS this year!

CrispyBacon

Established Member
Why no Steggy?

IMAG0158.jpg
IMAG0157.jpg
IMAG0156.jpg

^thats why

Johnny went above and beyond for a great price for me

I would look into a Johnny or Joker port then.

Someone who cares about their customers and the performance community, at least.

Stieg stuff tends to have not enough inlet work which is why they are typically down on torque compared to other ports.

That's always an interesting comment, considering I know of one reputable tuner who has tuned many Cobras and who has repeatedly seen the Steg ports outperform the Posi ports. And that's from their mouth. And that always leads my back to my original argument on these ports...

There are only so many ways to maximize the capability of the Eaton M112 and some of you guys try to suggest to people that one port will provide a monumental difference over another. And that is not the case, but wishful thinking.

The only people that seem to have had a problem with Steg ports are the ones who had the Stage 5 port with the welded plate and I've only seen one person on SVTP ever great about the Snakebite port.

Other than those handful of cases, there are countless people who are not only satisfied with his ports...but who are not mustang forum members...and continue to rock his ports.

I think some of you get a little too caught up in the mob mentality that exists on the internet when someone is dissatisfied with a product. And you're trying to trash a current vendor who has provided many of us a great product. Over 40k on my Stage 6 right now and its made great power. And I'm not some isolated case.

Nut swinging is cool, but its pretty low case to misrepresent the truth of Steg's quality.

You can only extract so much power out of an eaton. And if you think one 'porter' is somehow producing far better results than another, then you just don't get it.

Some people, however, come in with unreasonable expectation when it comes to a port. And how about those that buy their Cobras 2nd hand, 3rd hand, 4th hand, etc. and just expect people to warranty things on the car when they aren't even the original owner...

And yea who actually flipped the original bill makes quite a difference when we talk warranty.

Flame away.

Why no Steggy?

View attachment 15103
View attachment 15104
View attachment 15105

^thats why

Johnny went above and beyond for a great price for me

And that's the stage 5 with the welded plate. Which hasn't been offered since that fiasco.

And why not post up the thread where those buyers were done right?

Also I don't remember one person having any of those chips work their way into the motor. Why would it with the intercooler in the way? People got taken care of with that mess. But of course, you neglect to mention that.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Your Stage III with a 2.90 upper/4lb lower (generates the least heat of all the upper/lower combos, but still good power) will get you over 500RWHP/TQ. If not something is wrong. Everybody with a Stage III or better on 93 pump gas has over 500 to the wheels that I know of. You should be over 500 right now with your Stage III.

Users who are viewing this thread