How to hook up MP3 player (or other aux device) to stock MACH 460 system.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
rips-stang said:
Did they finally come out with what we needed?

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrdnaux.html

It says that it will fit the '04 mustang but do I need to pull the radio to check the part number to be sure?

I had pulled my stereo out back in November, and thank goodness I took pictures. The code on the sticker on my car looks like it will work :banana: . Mine has: 3R3T-18C815-UE

EDIT: In looking at my pictures - I don't see a 20 pin socket.... :shrug:

Last edited:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
If installing the FRDN-AUX on an '03 unit, the grey with purple tracer wire on the frdn-aux goes to the violet (looks more like lavender to me) with light blue tracer wire on the factory j1 connector (pin 9). the black with green tracer wire on the frdn-aux goes to the black with green tracer wire on the j1 connector (pin 11).

press the cd button with the ipod on and it will say 'DJ Disc 1 Track 1' and play whatever is on your ipod.

neat stuff!

Potentn2o

Established Member
rips-stang said:

It says that it will fit the '04 mustang but do I need to pull the radio to check the part number to be sure?

Like everybody. I have been following this thread for a long time. I have both an I-Pod and a XM Roady that I would love to get in my 04 Cobra.

I noticed that from the beginning of this, the part number was FRDN-AUX that worked for the 03's but not the 04's. Are we still talking about the same thing? It would seem that P.I.E would have a different part number for one that would work on the 04's

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Chameleon

Established Member
I'm following this also. I have an 04 and an IPOD. I have been using one of the FM transmitters in the car. I am happy so far with the sound but if there was a plug available for the 04s I think I would get it.

I have also been messing around with ways to mount the IPOD, I am working on a mount that will fit in the rear cup holder and let you adjust the angle of the IPOD, and yet does not interfere with the shifter or the console box.

So will this new wiring harness work in an 04 does any know? I don't know squat about this stuff so please keep the answers simple, lol.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
ShelbyGuy. Excellent custom install. If you could make something for the 03-04 Cobra's/Mustangs you'll do well. The location doesn't work for stick though. I use my arm rest 100% of the time. If you could find a way to take out one of the cup holders, preferably the front one, then I'd be right there.

This weekend I plan to install my FRDN-AUX (top one) and figure some sort of mount bracket for the ipod above the air vents or somewhere I can easily reach while driving. Spinning the 'circle' controller while driving is VERY dangerous because I look down too far for too long.

I recommend the U2 Limited edition for you 10th anniv. Cobras. Black unit, polished chrome back and red wheel. Looks like it was made for our cars. No. Not really.

ralphy1798

Established Member
Chameleon said:
What ever happened with this Jeff?

I am slacking, I installed a 2.93" and 100mm idler this weekend with a tune, no time to pull the stereo. To be honest, I am not sure when i will get to it.

:(

Jeff

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
PowerWheels said:
I have an '03, I want satelilte radio, but don't want a rig on my dash. What are my options?

Frankly I am wondering this myself. Is the harness integral with the central harness on these cars or is it a piggyback pigtail like the old Mach460 vs the cheaper stereos? I was thinking that it's a simple head unit plus pigtail swap for an 03 to 04 Mach 460 head for the satellite option.

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
dataangel said:
The only thing I had to do was tap one wire on the harness for constant power, which I did with a simple push-style wire tap (I keep a bunch around).
Do you have a picture of this wire tap? Or where I could get them?

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
Neo Car audio?

has anyone tried the Neo Car Audio adapter in an 03 Cobra?
It is here: NEO

Looks to be similar to the P.I.E. FRDN-AUX, except perhaps better because it connects into the bottom of the iPod, so it will use the line level out (rather than the variable headphones output), and it also charges the iPod.

Has anyone tried this?

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
rips-stang said:

It says on the website it will work, so I bought it (it said it will work with the 815, which is what the 04s have). I went out and pulled the radio, and it's the wrong damn thing. Now I get to pay to ship it back! :banana: A great waste of $15 shipping here and back... only because some idiot doesn't feel like putting the right info up on their website. :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread