How to live in cali with modded car?

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member

jessie jaramill

Established Member
Lol ive bein driving catless cars all my life..with longtubes..cammed etc...but yes i see smog..oh my car
Turned off lol whatever works...i also do pray my prayer goes VAYA CON DIoS amigo lol

G04cobra

Established Member
Lol ive bein driving catless cars all my life..with longtubes..cammed etc...but yes i see smog..oh my car
Turned off lol whatever works...i also do pray my prayer goes VAYA CON DIoS amigo lol

+1 I've been driving catless for almost 10 years. Just shift into 6th gear when you're next to a cop:banana:

jessie jaramill

Established Member
Yup G04COBRA... redline that Sh*t!!!...just some goos ole boys..lol
Not all cops are winnies lol... i had a 70 nova 406 with solid mounts and a huge cam..people knew i was comming and i cop was next to me and ask if it was fast...i said can i show you??.. he said let it rip!!...
I cant say what city lol but i did what i had to do!!!..lol..
Better than a orgasm on ecstasy!!!! Lol

Last edited:

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
Yup G04COBRA... redline that Sh*t!!!...just some goos ole boys..lol
Not all cops are winnies lol... i had a 70 nova 406 with solid mounts and a huge cam..people knew i was comming and i cop was next to me and ask if it was fast...i said can i show you??.. he said let it rip!!...
I cant say what city lol but i did what i had to do!!!..lol..
Better than a orgasm on ecstasy!!!! Lol

Video or it didn't happen. ;-)

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
That's easy just avoid the PO PO at all times. As far as smog, in my part of town I jist find Dorine to.pay off to have my car pass smog, simple as that.

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

moonltgold

Couple of pointers for living in CA -- 1) keep the bling factor in check. Under my hood, from the Whipple on down, everything is black (no chrome) or OEM in color, and no decals, so it all looks stock, therefore smoggers aren't picking up any clues here - even the headers have been done in flat titanium ceramic finish. 2) OEM or aftermarket, you're probably going to need a set of good cats when the time comes - not much chance around that. As for exhaust visual, again, my entire exhaust system past the headers is flat black and hides behind the FLSFCs, plus the car is lowered, so just looking underneath the car gives no obvious clues. Never had any problems with anyone looking for visual modifications.

02blownGT

Established Member
Headers will fail visual right away. Aren't they getting rid of the sniffer test as of Jan 1 in Ca? That will be a plus for us Ca modded cars

Only Longtubes will fail smog automatically,The sniffer is going for model year 2000+ cars.I am a certified smog tech and i just do a basic visual.But I only do smogs once in awhile at a buddys shop.Got my license for mostly selfish reasons ;-)

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Couple of pointers for living in CA -- 1) keep the bling factor in check. Under my hood, from the Whipple on down, everything is black (no chrome) or OEM in color, and no decals, so it all looks stock, therefore smoggers aren't picking up any clues here - even the headers have been done in flat titanium ceramic finish. 2) OEM or aftermarket, you're probably going to need a set of good cats when the time comes - not much chance around that. As for exhaust visual, again, my entire exhaust system past the headers is flat black and hides behind the FLSFCs, plus the car is lowered, so just looking underneath the car gives no obvious clues. Never had any problems with anyone looking for visual modifications.

that's very cool. this past year i have had some of them give me a hassle for my stainless steel-covered php airbox, and i needed to put the stock airbox back on. but a couple of years ago, they didn't ask me to change it.

as far as the cats, i just automatically put the stock h-pipes back on, figure there is no way around that like you say. most (not all) guys didn't seem to pass the sniffer with the aftermarket cats. but now that they are getting away from the sniffer, your advice sounds pretty good. :thumbsup:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Only Longtubes will fail smog automatically,The sniffer is going for model year 2000+ cars.I am a certified smog tech and i just do a basic visual.But I only do smogs once in awhile at a buddys shop.Got my license for mostly selfish reasons ;-)

So you can't have long tubes at all? Don't they make carb legal LT's?

eddyroxx

Established Member
just shorties i believe
i think i saw a commercial with the new tundra having LT's from the factory though lol those are legal im sure

j-tan

Established Member
I really don't know how it's going to work yet, but I believe if their is no check engin light then you're good to go. My smog guys said as long as there is no red code then the car should pass. Don't take my word for it, but it's looking good for us to mod our cars like the other states.

Users who are viewing this thread