How to quiet your '03/'04 Cobra shifter (other Mustangs, too)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad you liked how well the gasket set worked, and happy I could go the mile to help you out. Keep enjoying that New Brunswick Cobra. :thumbsup:

Jefe

Established Member
Just took my shifter off after a year of this gasket and its still in great shape. Hey Bob ever figured out a way to reduce more noise coming from the road/shifter open area? Is there a thicker shifter boot?

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thanks CobraBob!!! Another satisfied customer!!!
Here's pics from my recent install of my T-56.

z150.jpg

z151.jpg

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
Just ordered mine!

BTW, why does it say $8.00 here but the shopping cart charged $10?

lexusondubs

Established Member
soo will the shifter handle gaskets work with the aftermarket shifters ?? and is there better pricing for the base gasket and the shifter gasket together ?? please let me know thanks LOD

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
Another satisfied customer here - it's a pleasure to support the little guy. Easy install, of course, and noticeable difference. Thanks!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oops. The price changed in early December. All of my sets are now $10.00. I will have to get the sticky updated. Missed that one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They should be: Products

Ah, I see that the page is labeled 'Products' but the menu say different. Actually the menu used to say Products but I changed it because another vendor has a page on my site for selling the Terminator ID Tags. People would click on Products looking for his ID Tags. I'll have to fix the page name. Thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited:

BikerSk8rKid

Established Member
I just ordered my self one for my T5.
I was going to order one from another website, but they're charging $10.95 (with my discount it's $10.29) and regular/retail price is $12.99. CobraBob's has a different color and an extra handle gasket for both sides.
Other website only has one sided handle gasket and different color.
Either way lets support the little guy (and active on the forum), as the other poster said. ;)

Last edited:

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Oops. The price changed in early December. All of my sets are now $10.00. I will have to get the sticky updated. Missed that one.

I knew I should have ordered this sooner! j/k around....the $2 increase will be well worth it based on all the positive reviews I've read. Just ordered a set tonight! I probably won't install it until next month though...Feb. is parts ordering month, Mar. is the installation month. lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just ordered my self one for my T5.
I was going to order one from another website, but they're charging $10.95 (with my discount it's $10.29) and regular/retail price is $12.99. CobraBob's has a different color and an extra handle gasket for both sides.
Other website only has one sided handle gasket and different color.
Either way lets support the little guy (and active on the forum), as the other poster said. ;)

What's the other website? I'm the only one making these gaskets as far as I know. There used to be another guy making them but he stopped a couple of years ago. I also supply them for a very large and well known Mustang parts vendor who sells them without my retail packaging. So in reality, I'm not the "little guy". I'm the "big guy". :lol1:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I knew I should have ordered this sooner! j/k around....the $2 increase will be well worth it based on all the positive reviews I've read. Just ordered a set tonight! I probably won't install it until next month though...Feb. is parts ordering month, Mar. is the installation month. lol

Brian, your set mailed out yesterday. Thanks for the order. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread