How to threads

delly

Established Member
How come a lot of them aren't working? I was trying to find one for rear removal and replace it brake lines.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
How come a lot of them aren't working? I was trying to find one for rear removal and replace it brake lines.
Some are old as hell. The pictures have either been deleted or they were hosted on a site that no longer supports 3rd party hosting without raping you.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Delly, post a couple of links for a few you found are not working. Is it the link not working or pictures not displaying?

Is this one of the threads that is not working?
2003 Cobra IRS to 8.8 Live Axle Swap (DETAILS & PICS)
Displayed Link that isn't working: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=94768

Last edited:

delly

Established Member
No I was looking for something on the brake line removal and replace for the rears.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

Most "How to" threads are easily replaced by using...a service manual. Pretty much everything is spelled out there. No excuse not to have the manual when doing any work.

It's been downloadable (the Ford program or PDF) for several years:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/svt_documents.htm

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
JR, the Service Manual is a must-have of course, but IMO the (Terminator) How-To's are easier to follow and use overall. A lot of folks here invested good time in posting up easy to follow instructions for a slew of repairs and mods to help other SVTP Terminator owners. Beyond what is found in the Service Manual, which I have. I'm reminded of someone here who has done a number of really well done instructional videos for repairs such as alternator replacement. I've seen the video and it's much easier to follow than the SM. Really detailed and clear to follow step by step.

I know you're not saying we should ditch the How-To's. I'm just saying each serves a purpose. One doesn't/shouldn't replace the other. The How-To's also are really good for those with lesser experience.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Delly, I think we're confused because you're saying a lot of the How-To's are not working. I've yet to find one that doesn't work, except for some photos that are broken. Can you post a few of the thread titles you are saying don't work?

delly

Established Member
Thx cobra bob. Exactly why I was looking at some how tos. I've used them for a lot of quick reference. I haven't been on in a while so I was looking thru the how to's and for some reason quite a few I clicked on would just not pop up and instead show me the svtperformance logo and say file not found or records not found something like that. I'll check some tonite and let you know.

delly

Established Member
Ok bob so I was clicking on the "new how to threads" and on most of all the suspension how to I get the svtperformance "error " page cannot be found. That was posted and updated in 2010 looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread