Hydro dipping

halfscale2130

Established Member
Has anyone tried the diy hydro dipping kit from mydipkit.com? I want to dip a couple things, but I'm curious or weary I should say of the quality of the kit.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I have tried it but only in camo. It pretty easy.

Lol. Easy?

If you've got automotive paining experience, a paint booth, all the primers, base coats, clears, and other chemicals you need for a professional product.... then it's doable with lots of practice. Doing a light switch cover is not the same as doing a valve cover.

If you think you're going to fill a rubbermaid tote with warm water and rattle can some stuff and get professional grade products, you're sadly mistaken. You start spraying some of this stuff in your garage and your wife/gf might make you sleep out there too.

Try hydro dipping over powder coating, and using a powder coated clear. Good times will be had.

photo3yc.jpg

photo1lah.jpg

dsc7379q.jpg

dsc7372d.jpg

img2813b.jpg

img3572ot.jpg

img2477wv.jpg

dsc6487j.jpg

img3094bz.jpg

Brian

The Powder House
[email protected]

Last edited:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
That looks sick, who can do this?

Thanks. I can do this! lol I own/operate The Powder House here in northern California. We currently do the hydro graphics work on True Forged Wheels and on the oil seperators for Bob's Auto Sports. I also make a the car show display stands that Shelby American offers.

We're a one stop shop for all of your painting, powder coating, hydro graphics, and media blasting needs.

Let me know if I can help anyone out.

-Brian

halfscale2130

Established Member
Thanks. I can do this! lol I own/operate The Powder House here in northern California. We currently do the hydro graphics work on True Forged Wheels and on the oil seperators for Bob's Auto Sports. I also make a the car show display stands that Shelby American offers.

We're a one stop shop for all of your painting, powder coating, hydro graphics, and media blasting needs.

Let me know if I can help anyone out.

-Brian

Ill pm you when I get home

halfscale2130

Established Member
Yeah I have a few extra parts lying around I'd like to test it out on but overall they are small and I'm kind of hoping to find somewhere local to do it

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Yeah I have a few extra parts lying around I'd like to test it out on but overall they are small and I'm kind of hoping to find somewhere local to do it

If I can help you out, let me know. I get some pretty good rates on shipping. :beer:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
That's cool, how does it work? You literally dip the part in the stuff?

The pattern is printed on a water soluble film that is placed into a tank of water before it is sprayed with a liquid activator. This leaves the pattern floating on the surface of the water, which your part can be dipped through, transferring the design into every nook and cranny.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
The pattern is printed on a water soluble film that is placed into a tank of water before it is sprayed with a liquid activator. This leaves the pattern floating on the surface of the water, which your part can be dipped through, transferring the design into every nook and cranny.

I wish you were located in Michigan. Id be giving you business every damn week

Users who are viewing this thread