I almost cried today...

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Brandon, I'm glad you finally got it sold. Now Steve can quit texting me asking if I sold my cobra yet (gets us two brandon's confused) LOL!

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
Sucks to see it go man, but it is for the greater good. Get that house and then you can spend even more money and build a faster car, just to show the guy who bought the cobra whats up...

Jefe

Established Member
No way. Did you get what you wanted? Post the price if you don't mind. You were talking about a Vette a few months back, crossing over?

svt4.6snake

The weather man said theres a light chance of snow
Established Member
I got to meet you at Knotts and man that car is bad. I was so impressed with it in person. Well hope you find a new car.

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
I can certainly relate to the feeling. Nothing like watching your most favorite toy of 8 years getting hauled off on a trailer by it's new owner! Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do for the sake of responsibility. There will be another someday!

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
Man I feel for you... I was hit by a drunk driver back in july 2009 and lost my 2005 Windviel Blue GT... bought it from jordan ford with 23k on the odometer with Shaker 500 and leather interior for $14900... never seen a deal like it since.

Fast forward to March 2010 and I when I bought my 03 DSG cobra, man even though it hauls tail, handles better, and looks better, I find myself wishing almost every other day that I still had my first stang... only God knows how you feel man.. but house > car any day of the week.

boostaholick

Established Member
Damn man, It's making me sad just seeing and reading this post...I know exactly how you feel...I just sold my MINT Z28 6spd the other day and It sucked(The cash feels great in your pocket though)

Its funny how Non Car Addicts/Girls think we are crazy when we sell our true love car and your sad to see it go but its one of those things where "they just dont understand" But yeah I'm still young also so I'll be back into something real soon..

Anyways buddy thats a very nice looking cobra.

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
WTH? It seems like just yesterday you had gotten it back from RET. Sorry to hear you had to sell it. I would feel bad selling my GT so I could only imagine the feeling of selling a car of that caliber. I have a feeling you will be in another beast soon though.

Edit: How many miles did you put on her (since you got it back from RET) before letting her go?

Last edited:

CobraMac

Established Member
Jesus.....why the hell did you sell that car?! For something better? What's gonna beat a 726hp Cobra?

Hahaha nothing much will beat it...not to mention the cobra on full boost. I haven't totally decided what I will get next...something damn fast though!

So what are you gonna get now?

I know your feeling..... I still miss my little '89 5.0 LX, the first car I ever took down the track! :(

Now the million dollar question - WHAT ARE YOU BUYING NEXT?? :burnout:

good question... whatever it is, i'm pretty sure it's going to look as good as the cobra :rockon:

I'm not 100% sure yet! I might go to the dark side and get some sort of supercharged Corvette, but I have no clue. It's going to have to be FAST and VERY nice lol. Although as you all know I like building the cars into amazing machines.

Without a doubt I WILL own a newer GT500 though too.

i can feel your pain from this end... perhaps one day i will totally understand when/if i have to let any of my rides go.

Yahhh man it was hard, but I am now happy with my decision.

I couldn't even watch my car leave on the trailer. I just walked back inside the garage as he pulled out of the drive.

I felt like doing that...but I had to get some pictures to show my kids when I have some in the future. "See what kind of car Daddy had" lol.

Amazing car Brandon! I'm glad I saw it in person. One of, If not my favorite cobra!

My guess is youre grabbing a z06 :/... After you purchase your house of course

Thank you very much Luis! That means a lot to me man!

And you are guessing along the right lines there :D

Brandon, I'm glad you finally got it sold. Now Steve can quit texting me asking if I sold my cobra yet (gets us two brandon's confused) LOL!

Thanks Brandon! Hahaha yahhh seriously...that's hilarious that kept happening lol.

Sucks to see it go man, but it is for the greater good. Get that house and then you can spend even more money and build a faster car, just to show the guy who bought the cobra whats up...

Hahaha seriously...the next car I have WILL without a doubt be fast as hell too.

No way. Did you get what you wanted? Post the price if you don't mind. You were talking about a Vette a few months back, crossing over?

I didn't necessarily get what I WANTED. I don't think anyone is in this economy right now. But I definitely wasn't disappointed with what I got. I'll PM you later and tell you!

Damn man, you just laid all that work into it and then sold it...?

Yahhhh I know....it definitely seems like it huh? Believe it or not it's been done since late October/Early November though!

I know you loved it though :beer:

I got to meet you at Knotts and man that car is bad. I was so impressed with it in person. Well hope you find a new car.

Thank you very much Taron! It was great meeting you man. I'm really happy I got to meet everyone there. I will continue to go to all of these awesome meets and shows....trust me!

Lets have a tribute thread. Post every picture you have of the car.

Hahahaha if I had a tribute thread it would be about 1,000 pics worth! :-D :uh oh:

So you sold it to buy a house?

A house has been the plan yes. Things aren't looking so good with that right now though. We will see what I decided to do!

WTH? It seems like just yesterday you had gotten it back from RET. Sorry to hear you had to sell it. I would feel bad selling my GT so I could only imagine the feeling of selling a car of that caliber. I have a feeling you will be in another beast soon though.

Edit: How many miles did you put on her (since you got it back from RET) before letting her go?

I knowww man...it really seems like it was done and now gone...but I definitely had the time to enjoy it!! I put about 2,000 miles on it after the build was finished!

And I definitely will be in another beast very soon :D

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
I've been in the same boat like many others. I was depressed for days when i sold my car. It hurt to watch it drive away. I even had to take it out for one last "hoorah" around the neighborhood to say my goodbyes. I miss it but i have a new toy now to take my mind off of it. Plus the cash from the sale went a long way in modding my new one.

wjk

Established Member
I'm shocked, I thought you just got the engine all powder coated and everything. Anyways, very nice ride, I saw it at Knotts and it looked amazing!

Good luck with whatever you do next!

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
Damn that sux to c it go man. I feel for u.(i sent my condolences through a text.lol).but im sure ur in store for something even faster...and if u ever need a ride to a show just give me a ring man.

cbr repsol

Established Member
I talked to the new owner yesterday on the phone for a hour.....he was a really nice person to meet. Best of all he seriously lives 2 miles from my house. Im glad i met him on here cause if i was in the cobra on the streets i would of tried to race him...lol only to get smacked by the twins. We are going to meet up tuesday. So im sure there will be much car talk.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread