I am F-in pissed!

i8urSS

Established Member
so back in january we had a big snow storm. I live in GA so it pretty much shut our entire area down for a week, because we're not equipped to handle the tiniest of flurries much less a full blizzard. Long story short, after most of the roads had cleared up I went out for the first time in five days. I hit a long patch of ice that had ruts dug into it, from so many people driving thru it. And my right front tire bounced out of the rut and it just sent me spinning. I was going pretty slow like maybe 35 but I spun right into a telephone pole and cause just under $10 grand worth of damage. Its been in the shop ever since.

Six weeks later the shop calls and say that its ready. I go pick it up and by the time I get home I notice that there is a wicked exhaust leak and the horn doesn't work. I take it back the next day and they promise to have it turned around in one day. Well they contracted the exhaust work out to another local auto shop. Then I get a call this morning that while test driving it after fixing it, they ran off the road and now its worse than it was before.

They claimed they were on a little side road and swerved to miss a deer and ran off the road. I know for a fact that this is a lie because I drove all up and down the road and there was no indications of anyone driving off the road. So I went to the shop to ask what happened and they said I would find out in the police report and that they don't have anything to say to me.

That just screams shady. I was as nice and respectful as possible, but you dont wreck my car and then disrespect me when I try to find out about it. So now I'm taking a sheriff deputy up there with me and making them tell me what happened and i'm also going to make them pay my car note until its fixed.

I am beyond pissed at this point. It looks like its going to be at least another month until I get it back and this is just unacceptable. Thanks for letting me vent. I'll post pics when i can.

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
That sucks and to me it sounds like they were playing around with the car. The way it sounds though that my total it if it was worse than before. You have a right to be mad.

delvin.a

Established Member
Wow! I don't blame you at all. That is really f'd up. I would agree that without a doubt they had been playing around in your poor car. Lawsuit maybe? I sure hope it's not totaled brotha. Let us know what goes down and snap some pics of the damage. What a bunch of retards, "it's in the police report" ya how about my foot is gonna be in your ass.

jdh1213

2.8 Kenne Bell
Established Member
That's totally screwed up. Why would they even need to drive the car if it was just and exhaust leak? Pretty sure you'll know if it's fixed by starting the car.

SlowSVT

Established Member
:nono:

You never just "drop off" a Terminator and think it's in good hands. The temptation to joy ride the car is just too great. One guy had his Cobra totaled after the sales manager couldn't resist finding out what the car was capable (and apparently "not capable") of. Another guy got his car back from the shop and there was 450 additional miles on the clock (I can only imagine what occurred during that "road test" :eek:).

Sorry about your problems but you should have thought this one out better :nonono:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
to the OP: thats complete BULL shit, sue the !#%^ out of them.

now i hate to veer off topic but I need a suggestion.. Monday i'm dropping my car off for an alignment/FLSFCs but the car will be sitting over night so they can do the work on tuesday.. The shop is a big local mustang shop here in Seattle and they do good work but I just REALLY have a hard time trusting other people with my car especially when i'm not present. Would you set up a rev limiter before you dropped the car off? Theres no reason to romp on the car for an alignment correct?

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
that sucks man. I would have used my Xcal and set it so that they cant abuse the car. Good luck with the issue.

No shit.,., I would turn my boost bypass on and change the rev limiter to 2k :nonono: sorry to hear that OP

to the OP: thats complete BULL shit, sue the !#%^ out of them.

now i hate to veer off topic but I need a suggestion.. Monday i'm dropping my car off for an alignment/FLSFCs but the car will be sitting over night so they can do the work on tuesday.. The shop is a big local mustang shop here in Seattle and they do good work but I just REALLY have a hard time trusting other people with my car especially when i'm not present. Would you set up a rev limiter before you dropped the car off? Theres no reason to romp on the car for an alignment correct?

but they do need to be able to drive it.,., set it to maybe 3k

Last edited:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Nothing is worst then i person driving a s/c cobra they have no idea , on how it runs, thats why they ran off the road. shit for brains they have.

ALWAYS have a 2500 rpm valet rev limiter when at a shop. subleting something, like that bullshit, they where running the hell out of it . they sould both be lieable. body shop for been dumdass , did they let you know about the sublet b4 hand ?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
performance shops are different than a regular maintenance shop or body shop. I used to work at a well known Ford shop and without trying to sound like i'm discrediting your car, but it's one of those "they've been in faster...." things. We were more concerned with getting the job finished in a timely manner so joy riding was never an issue. if it makes you feel better then you can load a "valet tune" for peace of mind, but i think you're fine....

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Wow, I am sorry to hear about your car. That sucks. I hope you are able to find out what happened and make them pay.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
reg/ people jsut dont know...you just cant rev it up like a N/A car.and side steep the clutch.. the car will be all over the road. i know!

my nephew told me to burn out, i said i'd be in that ditch if i did that,

346CamaroSS

Established Member
performance shops are different than a regular maintenance shop or body shop. I used to work at a well known Ford shop and without trying to sound like i'm discrediting your car, but it's one of those "they've been in faster...." things. We were more concerned with getting the job finished in a timely manner so joy riding was never an issue. if it makes you feel better then you can load a "valet tune" for peace of mind, but i think you're fine....
thx for your input. i agree...

only reason i brought it up was because my buddy saw them having a little fun with a car of mine i brought to them. I might set the rev limiter to about 4500... I don't think they need to go higher than that for a test drive.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
thx for your input. i agree...

only reason i brought it up was because my buddy saw them having a little fun with a car of mine i brought to them. I might set the rev limiter to about 4500... I don't think they need to go higher than that for a test drive.

Let them watch you use your phone to capture a pic of the odometer, make sure the floors and seats are covered with something to protect them.

i8urSS

Established Member
IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

i8urSS

Established Member
I normally dont leave my car anywhere. but i had to leave it with the body shop because i had to go to school. i had no idea they were going to contract the exhaust work out. that actually makes no sense to me. it was just a blown gasket.

i found out the shop owners son is the one who wrecked my car and he wont let me talk to him. so i'm going to get the police report and file a civil suit against him for joy riding, driving with out my permission and general punitive damages.

at this point i dont know if i should try to have the car totalled because it has to have diminished significantly in value from all this.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
You shouldn't even have to put in a claim on this. The body shop should just order all of the crap and get it all fixed better than it was ASAP. That is pretty EFF'ed up. The owner should have made his son tell you what happened like a man.

You F up, take responsibility like a man.

Last edited:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
You shouldn't even have to put in a claim on this. The body shop should just order all of the crap and get it all fixed better than it was ASAP.

repair a wrecked car? :dw:
i wouldnt even want it after that.

Users who are viewing this thread