I blew a head gasket!

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
I hear you on the pre 1974 stuff. Here is my 1963 Pontiac Catalina convertible that my father bought new and left to me when he passed. It has a nice big block that has been massaged and never needs to be smogged.
34007-1245-29019.jpg

34007-1245-29020.jpg

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
That's beautiful. What a fun car. And soooo cool coming from your Dad.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks, it's going to my son someday. Below is a picture taken right after we got in Febuary of 1963. That's my folks standing and me on the quarter panel when I was twelve years old. Boy how time flies.
fav.jpg

FordFanStan

Established Member
Mat2ch, I think that is so cool that you still have the car your father got brand new and then hadned down when he passed. That is truly something to keep and cherish forever in your family. What a neat thing... Stan

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
We havent had ours as long, but me, and my dad are building a 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner right now. He bought it in the early 70s, and i plan on getting it, as soon as i can talk him into giving it up.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
FordFanStan said:
Mat2ch, I think that is so cool that you still have the car your father got brand new and then hadned down when he passed. That is truly something to keep and cherish forever in your family. What a neat thing... Stan
Thanks,
I have a lot of good memories with that car. I learned how to drive in it, went to my high school prom in it, had my first sexual encounter in it, my first dates with both of my wives in it and best of all I had a few long rides with my father in it before he passed. After he was given a year to live he would come over and pick me up and we would go for a ride with the top down and talk about times gone by. Every time I drive that car I look over to the passenger seat and know my old man's spirit is along for the ride. God I miss my father.......................

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
MAT2CH said:
Thanks,
Every time I drive that car I look over to the passenger seat and know my old man's spirit is along for the ride. God I miss my father.......................

Oh HELL YES! That's just cool as all get out. :beer: :beer:

Your Father is your Co-Pilot. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread