I Bought a 2005 Saleen

mustang_00

Established Member
i'm pretty sure the open vent hood is only on the extreme model. I'm confused kinda about what you said about the exhaust. will you please take pictures of what you're talking about!? I saw a picture from when they released the 05 saleen and from underneath the center exhaust it looked like it also had "dumps" as if the center tips were for looks only... awesome car by the way!!!

Ex-'93 Cobra

Established Member
For those of you asking about what saleen has to offer in regards to the '05.

http://www.saleen.com/2005_s281.htm

Watch the vids and hear it from the CEO.

Check out the PDF spec sheets.

I'm pretty sure that this car is the 325 hp NA, since there is no rear spoiler (I guess I should say WING since there is a slight lip) on the car in the pics.

The 281 SC aka S281 comes standard with the rear wing. 400 hp/ 425 tq.

The S281 E will be released this spring, with at or over 500 hp.

Wheels are 20x9 front and 20x10 rear option on the base model.

Tires are Pirelli P Zero Rosso ZR: 275 width all around. 35 profile up front and 40 profile in rear.

Base car lists at 39,043 MSRP ... but I have no idea what dealers are trying to sell them for.

Last edited:

99Cobra Supercharged

Established Member
Here is a shot of the exhaust I was talking about.

8.jpg

There Museum was full of cool cars. Some new, some from the past.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Marilyn Manson Lincon
12.jpg

Elvis's Lincon, not shown, but it has Gold Spoke Wheels
13.jpg

14.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Congrats :beer: IMHO the saleen is the only aftermarket 05 that looks as it should. Meaning Saleen put alot of thought into the components that were added to the car. It looks like a production peice, the body molding just fits and looks right. The body parts added to steeda and rousch cars look like after thoughts, and do not fit the car well, just doesn't look right.

Last edited:

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
I work for Galpin, there are tons here.. they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to expensive.. are u joking me.. 42k+ for a gt.. forget it!!!

Beauty though... SALEEN needs to get a reality check, and start reducing some of there pricing

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread