I bought myself a NEW Toy!!!

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
Thanks Kevin!!

But, I had no idea my car was even in MM&FF mag. till yesterday when Sonik Blur pm'd me. I sure would like to see what they wrote about it.

Last edited:

NorCal5.4

Established Member
Congrats on the purchase! :banana:

I have an 06 YFZ myself heavily modded stock bore/stroke

I agree with most. Do the cam mod (it's free and gains hp up top. How to's on youtube), get a full exhaust (I have an ESR full system myself and love it. Stepped header design and megaphone core), and I'd get an FCI intake (great all around intake!) Jet it and you should be pretty set at that point. I'd also look into boring your carb. It's cheap and gives you good hp gains. Stay away from those ignition boxes! The don't give you any hp and often cause problems. High comp piston is relatively cheap upgrade as well if you don't mind running race gas or tearing into the motor a bit.

If you run in the sand (like me) pick up a set of skat track haulers. Probably 21's with a 6 or 7 paddle tire depending on the sand where you ride. Double buff for lighter weight.

If you want to research for mods there is no place better YFZTech

This is a good place to go for mods. Tech Quad Shop @ TQSATV.COM

Enjoy the new bike! :beer:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
cfracer: how in the hell do you get that wicked air?

I am a noob that just started jumping and i cannot land parallel to the ground or rear tires first, i keep hitting front first argh.

JC im extremely jealous i cannot wait to buy mine this fall!

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase! :banana:

I have an 06 YFZ myself heavily modded stock bore/stroke

I agree with most. Do the cam mod (it's free and gains hp up top. How to's on youtube), get a full exhaust (I have an ESR full system myself and love it. Stepped header design and megaphone core), and I'd get an FCI intake (great all around intake!) Jet it and you should be pretty set at that point. I'd also look into boring your carb. It's cheap and gives you good hp gains. Stay away from those ignition boxes! The don't give you any hp and often cause problems. High comp piston is relatively cheap upgrade as well if you don't mind running race gas or tearing into the motor a bit.

If you run in the sand (like me) pick up a set of skat track haulers. Probably 21's with a 6 or 7 paddle tire depending on the sand where you ride. Double buff for lighter weight.

If you want to research for mods there is no place better YFZTech

This is a good place to go for mods. Tech Quad Shop @ TQSATV.COM

Enjoy the new bike! :beer:

Do I have to do a Jet kit when I do full exhaust?

NorCal5.4

Established Member
Do I have to do a Jet kit when I do full exhaust?

I'd jet it regardless. As stated before it comes pretty lean from the factory. Easiest way is to take it to a shop in the area and have them set it for your first time (with your mods installed if you do mod it. Otherwise you'll have to rejet again). From there you can change just the main jet yourself (controls the upper rpm fuel delivery) depending on elevation changes. Smaller jet (lower number) for higher elevations and vice versa.

The main jet is an easy change do. Unscrew the carb bolts and twist the carb sideways so you can access the bottom of the carb. You do not need to remove the carb entirely. From there undo the nut on the bottom plate and you have access to the main jet. Unscrew the main jet itself with a screw driver. Be careful when screwing the main jet back in as it doens't take much force to overtighten it. You can do the whole process pretty quickly (10 - 15 minutes) after you do it a few times. If you have a shop do it the first time hopefully they'll let you look over their shoulder.

I'd suggest that FCI intake as well. It replaces the intake tube and gives you a large conical filter.
http://www.fuelcustoms.com/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread