01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Awesome write up. Looking forward to receiving my 16 GT350R in the spring

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Nice review, Chris.
Ford Racing just called me yesterday morning to tell me they have a slot for the Monday morning session at Sebring. It worked out well since I have a meeting in S. Florida in the afternoon.
Looking forward to trying one out on track. I just did the 14-hour Chumpcar race at Sebring 2-weeks ago, and am going back in November with my Z06. So pretty cool to get to drive the GT350 there.
No order in for me. But if I'm enamored with the car, I'll look at moving my remaining '13 GT500 and getting one next year.
S.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Nice review, Chris.
Ford Racing just called me yesterday morning to tell me they have a slot for the Monday morning session at Sebring. It worked out well since I have a meeting in S. Florida in the afternoon.
Looking forward to trying one out on track. I just did the 14-hour Chumpcar race at Sebring 2-weeks ago, and am going back in November with my Z06. So pretty cool to get to drive the GT350 there.
No order in for me. But if I'm enamored with the car, I'll look at moving my remaining '13 GT500 and getting one next year.
S.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

jtfx6552

Established Member
Nice review, Chris.
S.

Damn, Lucky you!

How'd you like chump car? I have a bunch of friends doing AER, they love it.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just hoping Ford sends the videos of the drive. I hope nobody else sees my driving, but I would like to see it.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Damn, Lucky you!

How'd you like chump car? I have a bunch of friends doing AER, they love it.
It was tremendous fun and definitely takes teamwork. Despite a few hurdles we completed the race and were actually running well from ~5-6 hours in through the end. We had some fuel system problems, but will remedy before our next race at Road Atlanta.

I 'think' we might only be running the short course at Sebring. Obviously will know tomorrow but that would kind of suck. I've also seen some videos where it appears they are setting up gates on-track with cones to keep cars on a set line. That would such too, lol. I can see from Ford's standpoint. They don't want somebody running the piss out of one of their cars on-track and possibly having an incident, so they need some controls in place. They're very likely putting people out there who have never even been on-track, so it makes sense. But still, if we can run T5-T10, that's a nice stretch with some decent speed, just not like Bishops or T16-T17.
S.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
What a great write up Chris. With all your mustang knowledge and experience I'd trust your thoughts over the magazines. One thing I'm concluding after reading this is that ford won't be making a gt500 anytime soon. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm not. Only thing I do know for sure is I'm not on the fence. I'm keeping the 14 Shelby for the rest of my life. It's getting paid off and that's that. I don't care if ford makes a gt600. I hope to see your new car in person this spring.

s.hammer

Established Member
Hey Chris, you need to order an R that way when you get tired of it I can buy it from you. Killer color combo.
Do you know what happened to Cars & Coffee at Larz Anderson, did they stop having them?

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Hey Chris, you need to order an R that way when you get tired of it I can buy it from you. Killer color combo.
Do you know what happened to Cars & Coffee at Larz Anderson, did they stop having them?

Haha! I would have gotten one if I could have gotten an allocation for one! Track pack will be in late winter

The last one got cancelled due to weather- and once we looked at the schedule, with all the other events it was hard to fit in. They'll be back next year

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
thank you for the write up! I too want tech and track together and even started a thread on it. We'll see.. When they make a darker metallic red I'm in!

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Great writeup, Chris. I felt like I was riding shotgun! Makes the anticipation all the more challenging...

Users who are viewing this thread