I give up...going cross eyed...where in the **** can I buy one of these!!

raw23062

Established Member
Man, I have looked and looked and I can't find anywhere or any thread about this but I can't be the only one who wants a suede steering wheel wrap for my Cobra. I pulled up beside a Cobra at a stop light the other day and noticed his wheel had a suede wrap on it....where in the heck can I buy one?? And I don't want a "cover" that slips around the wheel, Im looking for the ones you have to actually sew on that look factory. Like this Mazda one I found. Anyone know???

Found this one during a Google search. From a Mazda forum and the owner installed it himself. Found the website where this one came from but they only make them for Mazdas.

6736_05_04_08_12_39_45.jpg

CMIYC

Established Member
They look sweet but my only thing with a suede wheel would be wear. Anyone know how it holds up after years use?

raw23062

Established Member
Why wouldnt you just go to an upholstery shop?

That's certainly an option as I had already stated, but I would prefer to do it myself if it's an option to buy a wrap. Just a personal preference to work on my own car and not leave it with someone. Might have to though.

Best in the business at that type of work. He'll do it to just about any make/model. It's not cheap though, you get what you pay for. ---> Caravaggiocorvettes.com

I'm guessing I would need to remove the wheel and send it to him though? I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for this mod but it's not but so important to me. Thanks for the info though, I do appreciate it! :beer:

They look sweet but my only thing with a suede wheel would be wear. Anyone know how it holds up after years use?

I thought of that as well but for me, since I probably drive the car 3k a year at best, wear shouldn't be an issue for me. I agree though, looks like it wouldn't hold up as well on a DD. Just a guess.

Then why bother posting....move along sport...

Call or Email John.

I saw the wheel in his Mk VII and it looks great in leather. I'm sure his wheel guy could wrap it in the proper Alcantra to match the rest of the interior.

Steering Wheel Restoration

Thanks man, I appreciate the direction. Sounds like buying the wrap and doing it myself isn't an option. Never would have thought.

Thanks again guys!

Users who are viewing this thread