I give up...going cross eyed...where in the **** can I buy one of these!!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
make sure you use alcantara and not real suede. real suede will ruin quickly with perspiration from your hands, unless you plan to wear gloves all the time. alcantara is faux suede but is more durable.

raw23062

Established Member
Guy on s197forum does them and does a great job several s197s have used him... I'll try and get his info for you guys

Cool. Thanks!

make sure you use alcantara and not real suede. real suede will ruin quickly with perspiration from your hands, unless you plan to wear gloves all the time. alcantara is faux suede but is more durable.

Thanks Steve. Thats conslusion I came to as well after all the searching. Looks like thats what they use in the race cars. Makes sense.

this company might sell you the wrap, see the second row, third picture

Dallas Custom Steering Wheel

Thanks man. I'll check it out.

I did find a thread on another site where a guy showed how he made his own from buying the raw material on ebay, making a pattern using masking tape and then having someone make the cover from the pattern. I think at that point I'll just take it to an upholstry shop. I'm just not much on leaving the car in the hands of people I don't know. Wish I had a local upholstry connection.

Users who are viewing this thread