I got a 2003 cobra & some money what to do?

thug9cole

Established Member
Ive been really scratchin my ass debating on what to go i dont want to wait for a intercoller for the procharger kit and im really not sure which kit to get i know i dont want ne kit that requires high octane gas to get the high #'s like the twin turbos + i dont want twin turbos cause they are illegal for street i got 6,000-7,000 to spend i got plans to get bassani headers exhaust and xpipe what else should i get ne suggestions on dif type of supercharger? ive seen that blowzilla can get in low 1/4 mile times but i dont want to run 114 octane lil expensive procharger suposely according to they site 10.98 ET @ 130 mph @WFC7 on Pump Gas which sounds good to me i wonder if they had to change from irs and i dont want to change it i dont got that kinda $$ what would u guys go for? i want to be fast and have the option of if i want to add high octane gas to be faster but be fast without it procharger really looks nice to me but i wanted to get some other cobra owners opinion b4 i jump in head first :) oh ya and what other mods would i have to do if i got a procharger so my car would run without blowing up im assuming a new clutch? lol thanks for info guys :bowdown: and by the way i dont wanta go pulley and then mod on stock supercharger cause i wanta beat vipers and shit like that not some wussy ass z06s :) *grin

scotto

Established Member
If it was me I would go with the ported eaton with pulley, upgrade fuel with injectors adn BAP, put a 75 or 100 shot of the juice. That would easily take care of most anything on the street. Or you could always go with the KB or whipple. With the procharger you will need a solid axle to go 10s. Anyway this is JMO. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
You need to take advantage of the search feature on the forum. Type in procharger, kennebell, or whipple and get back to us in a year or two. Good luck!!!

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
take your money and get drunk, that is what I would do. I would got the ported eaton and juice route. Well that is the route I'm going.

hj16

Established Member
thug9cole said:
and by the way i dont wanta go pulley and then mod on stock supercharger cause i wanta beat vipers and shit like that not some wussy ass z06s :) *grin
Umm, a ported Eaton on spray will run with the best of them.

8lb lower - $400
Apten Porting - $425
Full Bassani - $1600
JLT RAI - $140
Nitto 315s - $400
IRS Brace - $140
Centerforce Dual Friction w/ 26spline Input shaft - $600
NGK TR6s - $15
55lb Injectors w/ harness adapters - $600
KB BAP -$150
Compucar N2O in a Bag Kit - $500
Custom SCT tunes - $500

These relative mods have produced up to 650rwhp/780rwtq with only a 75shot. All on the little M112 Eaton :coolman:

hj16

Established Member
SWEET94COBRA said:
take your money and get drunk, that is what I would do. I would got the ported eaton and juice route. Well that is the route I'm going.
Word, its alot cheaper than modding :beer:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Take your Cobra, and buy me a Pizza and beer and bring it to me. :rolling:

Actually, you should get the exhaust, CAI, and a Whipple or KB, and a Anderson Motorsports PMS or SCT 9100. All you have to do is run 15psi (around 560-580rwhp) for the streets on pump gas, then take it to the track, swap the pulleys, quickly change the tune, put in some race gas, and let it rip.

Just my .02

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
Intake headers exhaust
Kenne Bell.

Spec 3 clutch.

Do rear...

DSS halfshafts
MJ Brace.

Fast Willy

Established Member
If I were you and had $7,000 I would get ther following

1. Bassani Cat-back
2. Bassani off road x-pipe
3. bassani mid length headers
4. Drag radials
5. Kenne Bell Supercharger and all the following mods for that

A lot of people dont like the procharger from what I hear. They say the belt slips a lot with a lot of boost and its hard to control it.

Last edited:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
thug9cole said:
Ive been really scratchin my ass debating on what to go i dont want to wait for a intercoller for the procharger kit and im really not sure which kit to get i know i dont want ne kit that requires high octane gas to get the high #'s like the twin turbos + i dont want twin turbos cause they are illegal for street i got 6,000-7,000 to spend i got plans to get bassani headers exhaust and xpipe what else should i get ne suggestions on dif type of supercharger? ive seen that blowzilla can get in low 1/4 mile times but i dont want to run 114 octane lil expensive procharger suposely according to they site 10.98 ET @ 130 mph @WFC7 on Pump Gas which sounds good to me i wonder if they had to change from irs and i dont want to change it i dont got that kinda $$ what would u guys go for? i want to be fast and have the option of if i want to add high octane gas to be faster but be fast without it procharger really looks nice to me but i wanted to get some other cobra owners opinion b4 i jump in head first :) oh ya and what other mods would i have to do if i got a procharger so my car would run without blowing up im assuming a new clutch? lol thanks for info guys :bowdown: and by the way i dont wanta go pulley and then mod on stock supercharger cause i wanta beat vipers and shit like that not some wussy ass z06s :) *grin

:shrug:
How are the twin turbos illegal? If I had an extra $7K laying around, I would turbo x 2 that bitch. Twin 57's made 990 horsepower and like 910 trq at the motor on 20psi in mm&ff's shootout this month. They gave up a lot on the bottom end to the roots style but I bet that pull hits like a freight train when those 57's spool. 990 is still in the ballpark of 850 rwhp :eek:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You have a lot of questions....so I would strongly recommend that you weigh all of the above recommendations and more. Talk to one or more GOOD tuner shops, too. Find out what combos work the best for different goals. Then take all that info and choose your own course. Might save you the cost of changing/upgrading in the future at more expense. Take your time, too. No sense in rushing IMO. Good luck!

thug9cole

Established Member
im hella confused heh

Mainly in cali the twin turbos are way illegal in other states they pass cause sniffer doesnt pick em up but if they do a VISUAL ur ***ed up the ass and im not taking that kinda risk whats this whipple supercharger? ne1 know how much hp the irs can handle and i dont want to go the nos route =/

oh ya im from tyler tx

Hye

Established Member
CobrafanDT said:
Why are the twin turbos illegal?

i know that he is from tx, and you are too. Im not sure if the question was aimed at texas in general or just why the turbos are illegal in general. anyways, in california, they would be considered 'for off road use only' unless they had a CARB sticker on them.

California Air Resource Board. We are the only state with this stupid effin rule and this is what i have to say abou it---> :xpl:

Thats why to have a 04 KB Cobra in California is the way to go IMO. The KB is CARB approved, 50 state legal for that matter. Slap that baby on, have 550+RWHP (conservative) and be smog legal... :thumbsup:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
seat time > mods

learn to drive what you have. spend the money on spare parts, a tow vehicle, slicks, and track time

twin turbos have a better chance of passing inspection since obd2 needs to control each bank sperately. better chance than a single giant turbo i mean.

no turbo kit makers could come up with the bribe for an exemption number?

scotto

Established Member
CALL STRICTLY PERFORMANCE IN HOUSTON. THEY WILL BE ABLE TO GET YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED. I AM GOING THERE IN DECEMBER

Tel #: (713) 910-0111 ASK FOR JERRY

JTSVT

Equal Opportunity AzzKker
Established Member
scotto said:
CALL STRICTLY PERFORMANCE IN HOUSTON. THEY WILL BE ABLE TO GET YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED. I AM GOING THERE IN DECEMBER

Tel #: (713) 910-0111 ASK FOR JERRY

Bump that....I live right down the way from them.....Take your 7K there and tell them what you dont want and what you do want....Then go pick it up a month or so later......JT

Users who are viewing this thread