I got arrested

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
So you are saying you felt better because the officer minimized your offense for you in an attempt to build report and get more information out of you?

That's like me saying
"Well, you repeatedly raped, beat, and then strangled this innocent 17yr old girl to death. But it could have been worse, If she was 15 you would be looking at alot more time."

Nothing is the end of the world, but I have no problem letting people feel the guilt about it until THEY realize it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

Burn'nRubber

Established Member
I can relate to your situation, as many on here probably can to. I have had my run-ins with the police. I got my first minor consumption when I was 16, my second came when I was 18. Due to my repeat convictions I was sentenced to a weekend in jail, which sucked. That experience opened my eyes, and I choose to either not do stupid things or do them in a safe/secluded place. Also knowing that if I get a third offence I will likely spend 60 days in jail, has scared me into being more intelligent on my actions. I know our situations are a little diffferent, but you need to open your eyes. These days L.E.Os dont overlook these minor convictions like they used to!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
So you are saying you felt better because the officer minimized your offense for you in an attempt to build report and get more information out of you?

That's like me saying
"Well, you repeatedly raped, beat, and then strangled this innocent 17yr old girl to death. But it could have been worse, If she was 15 you would be looking at alot more time."

Nothing is the end of the world, but I have no problem letting people feel the guilt about it until THEY realize it's not the end of the world.

+1.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Burn'nRubber said:
I can relate to your situation, as many on here probably can to. I have had my run-ins with the police. I got my first minor consumption when I was 16, my second came when I was 18. Due to my repeat convictions I was sentenced to a weekend in jail, which sucked. That experience opened my eyes, and I choose to either not do stupid things or do them in a safe/secluded place. Also knowing that if I get a third offence I will likely spend 60 days in jail, has scared me into being more intelligent on my actions. I know our situations are a little diffferent, but you need to open your eyes. These days L.E.Os dont overlook these minor convictions like they used to!

So your multiple convictions for M.I.P. have not taught you anything except that when breaking the law do so in a "safe/secluded place?" :shrug:

L.E.O.s dont look at convictions when dealing with a person. A judge wont overlook these convictions, which may be minor to you. But these convictions are required to be noted on any job application or clearance application where indicated and will almost always preclude you from getting a Govt Clearance and certain state licenses.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
SVTcobraGirl said:
Kid.. you need to grow up and get a pair! You had the balls to smoke the shit while in a vehicle now own up to the punishment for it! If your gonna be that stupid at least do the crap at home away from other innocent people so you dont injure them in a Idiotic way!

Well said, couldn't have said it any different.

Burn'nRubber

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
So your multiple convictions for M.I.P. have not taught you anything except that when breaking the law do so in a "safe/secluded place?" :shrug:

L.E.O.s dont look at convictions when dealing with a person. A judge wont overlook these convictions, which may be minor to you. But these convictions are required to be noted on any job application or clearance application where indicated and will almost always preclude you from getting a Govt Clearance and certain state licenses.

The point I was getting at is that if I decide to drink a couple of beers I will do so while watching the game instead of going out and drinking at a party.

I thought you were only required to note offences that resulted in a felony on an employment application? So you have to list misdemeanors as well?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Burn'nRubber said:
The point I was getting at is that if I decide to drink a couple of beers I will do so while watching the game instead of going out and drinking at a party.

And my point is that you are NOT allowed by law to drink since you are under 21. So you still make decisions that in your mind justifies you breaking a law you were convicted of breaking multiple times before.

Burn'nRubber said:
I thought you were only required to note offences that resulted in a felony on an employment application? So you have to list misdemeanors as well?

Most if not all applications refer to convictions and dont differentiate between felonies and misdemeanors or levels/grades of the charge.

assasyn

Established Member
whosurdaddy said:
Hey so me and 3 other friends were on our way to my crib when we get into a wreck. 4 cop cars show up. During the questioning, the cops said they could smell weed in the car and on us. (****) They really didnt seem to care all that much at first. Then they check our licenses... The driver had a suspended license.:bash: Ok, my friend is going to jail, that sucks. So I go into the gas station to use the bathroom. T
When I come out, the cops are holding a dub of green. :kaboom: After they find the weed, then they search all of. We all had cigs on us but they just gave em back to us. Dam I was ready to go home!! So then we all get arrested and taken down to the P.D. They call over to the juvenille facility to see what to do with us. Well I guess they were full, and its a good thing they were, cuz they said I would have stayed there all weekend! But then they released me to my mom and let me go till monday and then I have to go talk to the juvenille guy.

But I was just wondering, do they have to buckle my seat belt? They buckled my buddy in but not me???

Congrats on being a retard.

MarvelMan

Established Member
Almost all job applications ask for felony convictions. If they do a background check, which most employers do for any decent job, they will find everything even misdemeanore non-convictions. I've have my old problems keep showing up so believe me I know. I'm lucky enought though to never have been convicted of anything, so my lawyer told me April 3rd everything will be old enough that he can get my record cleared. I've had an arrest for posession of an undersized fish in Indaian among other things. People usually get a good chuckle of that one. Possesion of an undersized fish in Indiana is the same charge (class A misdemeanor) as an ounce of weed in Illinois.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:

Most of the people convicted of these 'innocent' crimes really have no ambition in life as it is, so worrying about govt clearances is the last thing they are worrying about. Most of my old friends from highschool can't even get jobs that pay over $10 an hour. They are the types of people we're talking about. Whats great about it is they complain how their life sucks....

King$nake

Banned
whosurdaddy said:
Hey so me and 3 other friends were on our way to my crib when we get into a wreck. 4 cop cars show up. During the questioning, the cops said they could smell weed in the car and on us. (****) They really didnt seem to care all that much at first. Then they check our licenses... The driver had a suspended license.:bash: Ok, my friend is going to jail, that sucks. So I go into the gas station to use the bathroom. T
When I come out, the cops are holding a dub of green. :kaboom: After they find the weed, then they search all of. We all had cigs on us but they just gave em back to us. Dam I was ready to go home!! So then we all get arrested and taken down to the P.D. They call over to the juvenille facility to see what to do with us. Well I guess they were full, and its a good thing they were, cuz they said I would have stayed there all weekend! But then they released me to my mom and let me go till monday and then I have to go talk to the juvenille guy.

But I was just wondering, do they have to buckle my seat belt? They buckled my buddy in but not me???

Do you feel cool?

Trill Gear Head

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
And my point is that you are NOT allowed by law to drink since you are under 21. So you still make decisions that in your mind justifies you breaking a law you were convicted of breaking multiple times before.

Most if not all applications refer to convictions and dont differentiate between felonies and misdemeanors or levels/grades of the charge.

off topic:

I'm currently in ROTC and when i become a officer i want to get my top secret clearance. If I get a Reckless Driving/Racing(Case pending), how do you think that will effect my chances getting my clearance?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Trill Gear Head said:
off topic:

I'm currently in ROTC and when i become a officer i want to get my top secret clearance. If I get a Reckless Driving/Racing(Case pending), how do you think that will effect my chances getting my clearance?

It depends on other factors as well. Typically a reckless/misdemeanor shouldnt cause much harm unless it appears to be habitual thing or is compounded by other factors.

I would suggest doing whatever is necessary to avoid a criminal conviction of any type or grade.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Trill Gear Head said:
off topic:

Top Secret is not that hard to get so you should be fine. The clearances that are hard to get are the ones you can't talk about. They're the same ones the Army finds in the goodness of their hearts to send a couple of Captains over to your house every year to you remind you that you can't talk about what you saw/read or they will re-call you to active duty and then throw your ass in Leavenworth.

Just keep your nose clean from now on and you should be fine.

Last edited:

Trill Gear Head

Established Member
Thnx fordsvtfan and lawofficer. About my charge, i go to court in april and i have a lawyer so i'm gonna try my hardest to keep it off my record period. I mean i have a clean record, i'm in the army, I'm in school and Army ROTC w/good grades, and i did 50+ hours, and i didn't give the officer any lip. I'm hoping the judge will have sympathy on me and keep this off my record w/ me doing some kind of community service of course.

Users who are viewing this thread