i got the beast dynoed today....

venomus 03

Established Member
I was just wondering if you guys thaught it sounded about right. I have a 2.81 pulley, kb cai, diablo chip, plasma booster ignition and flowmasters welded in to the stock cat back. I dynoed 422rwhp and 453rwtq. The af was pretty much 12.0 across the board. Does this sound about right for the mods?? Any imput would be great, just seeing what you guys think.

Juiced-03

Established Member
That seems low. I would think you would be around at least 440. It could be the stock exhaust and Blowmasters that are choking your car but still, the HP seems low. Torque is good though!

cobra101

Established Member
Yeah sounds a tad low to me too. I just dyno'd and got 436rwhp and 456rwtq. ONLY mods are CAI and 2.75RR. NO exhaust and no idlers. This was with a 10.8:1 a/f. The connected shop psi gage only read 11 lbs of boost as well. Mannn, do I have belt slip :)

Anyways, I am getting an idler and possibly a re-tune (not sure if I will need it yet). I imagine with less slip I should be able to do 450rwhp and 475rwtq with stock exhaust of course!

Yyou can get a REAL gage for that boost meter or have it tested when you dyno next time. You may be seeing some slip, I didn't see idlers in your mod list.

venomus 03

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys! Cobra101, how can I tell if I am slipping?? I would really like to know. I thought it was a bit low also cause my buddies 03 has the same mods but he has a catted bassani x pipe and a bassani catback and he is seeing 465rwhp and 498rwtq. What gives? Also, do you guys recomend a bassani o/r x or does it sound like ass? Thanks guys for the responses, it helps alot.

cobra101

Established Member
With the stock gage it is VERY difficult to tell. at least it was for me. I did not really know until the dyno guy hooked up a separate gage during my dyno. I mean I assumed I had some becuase I heard some with the 2.85RR and 74" gates belt had some slip. therefore I figured I would too with the 2.75 and no idlers. I did NOT think it would be that bad. I thought instead of seeing 15-16lbs I would see 13-14 until I fixed the slip. Turns out it was 11lbs of boost.

I am getting an idler next week. amazonracing.com and billtflow are having a special that saves 30 bucks. I would say just go ahead and get an idler and see what happens. It can't hurt and it is under 150.00 bucks delivered.

venomus 03

Established Member
Actually I have noticed sometimes under wot it feels like the engine sputters or skips a beat. It only happens once in a while. Would this be possible belt slipage? It is not all that noticeable but it kind of hesitates sometimes for like a split second. Does it sound like something others have experienced as far as belt slipage goes?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
sounds a tad low to me

I had your same mods with stock hpipe and stock catback piping with straightpipes welded in and dyno'd 456/472 SAE on a 2.80 Amazon upper.

For tell tale signs of belt slip look or drag your finger under the bottom of the snout on the blower, if your finger is real black after that and there is chunks under there you have bad slip.

What kind of plug setup are you running. I've had tr6's gapped @ .035 in my car since 1000 miles and I have 9200 on them now, no problems at all.

Also what size belt are you running. IF you dont have an idler I would suggest a 74" Gatorback and Gates. Gatorbacks seem to work better with no idlers. I use a 74" gates with my 2.80 & 100mm idler.

Good Luck

venomus 03

Established Member
Thanks guys so much for all the help, I will be checking today on belt slippage. I thought it was a little low also.

wjfawb0

Established Member
I had 431rwhp and 456rwtq (STD) with a 2.9 RR pulley, K&N aircharger and T&J Performance custom reflash tune.

I now have 469rwhp and 478rwtq (STD) with a borla stinger catback added to the car and a little tweaking of the tune.

458rwhp and 467rwtq SAE.

-Jason

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
What Dyno was it, if its a dynojet then it is low, if it is a mustang dyno, its just about right. you should see if the belt is slipping on the dyno graph, it will dip in the higher rpm range...

venomus 03

Established Member
It was a dyno jet. It makes max power at around 5500 rpm and barely drops down after that but it does drop a little.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your rwhp seems to be a bit low based on your mods. You said you had a set of Flowmasters welded onto the stock catback. I assume by that you really mean you replaced the stock mufflers with the Flowmasters and kept the stock plumbing intact. If that's the case I don't think the stock pipes are robbing you that much. Something else is keeping your power down. Torque looks pretty good, though.

Users who are viewing this thread