I Hate My Exhaust!!!

PIXER

Banned
I thought I liked it when I got it, but now it seems gugally all the time and raspier than ever!! I couldn't tell if it was just the in-car sound or not and after asking the GF(She has never liked it so I didn't trust her) I decided to make a video. Sorry Guys old camera that still uses tapes (but there small so its not that old of a camera, and it was free ;-) ) So No videos. But whats the deal? Oh yeah, I have Bassani Catted x and Borla Stinger Catback. (love the LOOK of the Stingers, the tips are perfect.)

Now I know that even I am tired of exhaust questions (and yes I could have posted this in the exhaust section but, I get more feedback here and its a problem that I am having with the car not just the exhaust) But what can I get that will sound mean?
I mean absolutly MEAN!!
I spent over $1,100 on my exhaust(RPM Outlet). It took me awhile to save up the cash. But what do I need?? Longtubes? I mean what?

No offense, but you get what you pay for, so as good as "mac" may be, I dont know if it is what I'm looking at towards my perticular car. Please help me!!!
Mark

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Swap back to the stock H, or go with a ProChamber or MRT catted H. Those are the only midpipes that sound right with the Stingers to me.

If you want to keep the X, then go with Magnaflows, Magnapacks, Steeda or a Bassani Catback.

Those are basically your immediate choices. You can get 4" rolled tips to go on the Magna kits. You will have to order them seperately.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
It's the mufflers. They are too small. Get yourself a set of Magnaflow mufflers and have them welded in.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i love my borla stingers/bassani catted X combo :shrug: to be honest i wish i could take the cats off to make it louder

Juiced-03

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
i love my borla stingers/bassani catted X combo :shrug: to be honest i wish i could take the cats off to make it louder

well then take them off :thumbsup:

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
I just sold my stingers they just never grew on me. IMO no other exhaust should be put on a mustang besides flows with an h

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i would but it's illeggal juiced, c'mon your in cali you know that! to be honest i would but isn't the penalty huge? are you catless? i'm starting to consider this lol

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
I'm not saying it's the Stinger's. Every exhaust has a different sound. Maybe you just don't like the sound of your exhaust. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it.

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
I think the stingers sound like ass(jmo.)they sound like a glasspack.Your car will sound better with long tubes,h-pipe,and a good set of mac or flowmaster muffs. I would remove the borla mufflers and have mac or flowmasters put in that way you could still have the stainless pipes and cool tips. :burnout:

lucafu1

Established Member
stingers and gutted mart catted pipe. It sounds mean as hell. I used to have a bassani x but I didnt like it. I want a bassani x now only because of the mid lengths.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
PIXER said:
...snip... Do you really think its the stingers?

...yes

The several Magnaflow or Bassani suggestions above are dead on.
I had the exact exhaust you are currently hating. It sounded good for a while, then I realized it was all I heard anymore.

Currently have bassani mids, bassani catted x and magnaflows.

lose the stingers and you will be happier.

also :rockon: to kabooms praise of o/r h and flows, perfect sound (even if it is not the best for power)

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Sorry guys but I strongly disagree! It's that nasty sounding Bassani (chambered) X pipe. My catted Magnaflow X pipe and Stingers sound awesome. It's actually not even loud. :eek: Lose that chambered X pipe and you'll be fine. Stay away from Bassani and BBK X pipes with the Stingers. I'm just gonna have to make a sound clip because it is NOT the catback. :nonono:

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
69cobrajet said:
I think the stingers sound like ass(jmo.)they sound like a glasspack.Your car will sound better with long tubes,h-pipe,and a good set of mac or flowmaster muffs. I would remove the borla mufflers and have mac or flowmasters put in that way you could still have the stainless pipes and cool tips. :burnout:
So now the Stingers sounds like a glasspack muffler? What does your SLP sound like? Gimme a break man! :rollseyes

TRBO VNM

the flows and off road h are the typical mustang sound. if you want to be the "typical" go for it. I think they sound good on 302 motors, but haven't heard them on our cars with that setup. I personally don't want to be typical and like being different in my setup. on my fox body I had dynomax and off road x and it sounded awesome and I think better than the h and flows.

on this car I have the only borla signature series made for amazon from borla and off road x and love the sound. I have also put the magnaflow catback and catted x on a car and it sounded amazing. not too loud and a very nice deep sound.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Old rule of thumb:

Want an old muscle car sound - use H-Pipes

Want an exotic or Nascar sound - use X-Pipes

X-pipes eak out a bit more HP, but not enough to compensate for a displeasurable exhaust note every time you drive your car. Listen to other setups before you spend any more cash. I prefer the X-Pipe sound, but others think it sounds like ass. The right sound will put a smile on your face every time you start up the car.

Good luck,
Dan

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Sorry guys but I strongly disagree! It's that nasty sounding Bassani (chambered) X pipe. My catted Magnaflow X pipe and Stingers sound awesome. It's actually not even loud. :eek: Lose that chambered X pipe and you'll be fine. Stay away from Bassani and BBK X pipes with the Stingers. I'm just gonna have to make a sound clip because it is NOT the catback. :nonono:

I agree with you... I have the same setup, Magnaflow Catted X & Borla Stinger and love the sound of it !!! It is more than likely the bassani X making it sound like that...

Zman04

Established Member
Hey Pixer I should be putting on all of that Jba stuff soon. I will then have my stock h-pipe and the Flowmaster catback I could sell you. Let me know you have my #

Users who are viewing this thread