I Hate My Exhaust!!!

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
when i added my bassani x it sounded like a nascar, i'm so tempted to remove the cats... i'm not saying this because it's my exhaust but it's the best i've heard. as your driving through the RPM's around town it literally sounds like a nascar with a nice exotic sound (not raspy). it's hard to explain but i love it. i've got more compliments in the past week then in the past 6 months when i just had my stingers and stock H. oh and when you go WOT it's just scray

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
Hijack! How much do the magnaflow mufflers cost where can I get them. I want to upgrade my stingers:0) This will quiet them down greatly?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
DD2000GT said:
Old rule of thumb:

Want an old muscle car sound - use H-Pipes

Want an exotic or Nascar sound - use X-Pipes

X-pipes eak out a bit more HP, but not enough to compensate for a displeasurable exhaust note every time you drive your car. Listen to other setups before you spend any more cash. I prefer the X-Pipe sound, but others think it sounds like ass. The right sound will put a smile on your face every time you start up the car.

Good luck,
Dan
You saved me a couple of keystrokes. I have always stated the above as far as the differences between the X and H pipes, but......I never did like my catted X-pipe. I got used to it, and intended one day to swap it for an MRT catted H-pipe, but just didn't like the exotic tone. Always reminded me of a muscled up ricer type sound. LOL and JMO! I just love that classic Mustang muscle sound and the MRT H-pipe retains it IMO. Everyone has differing tastes as far as tone and sound though.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
I like mine, but I do understand why some people dont. I say switch midpipes, and you will probably be much happier.

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
So now the Stingers sounds like a glasspack muffler? What does your SLP sound like? Gimme a break man! :rollseyes
I don't have SLP/glasspacks.My current set up is Bassani mids with catted x,and magnaflow cat-back with MRT.tips.sounds good. Don't let the tips fool you. :burnout:

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I never liked the X pipe sound until I went with the Magnaflow X pipe an I'm glad I did. Chambered X pipes sound a little better with chambered mufflers. On that note, chambered mufflers should never be matted to an X pipe of any sort for that matter and stay strictly H pipe matted. The Magnaflow X pipe with the Magnaflow CB is quiet, sounds good but quiet. I truely believe that Magnaflow makes the best X pipe for our cars. The X pipe matted to the Stingers sounds sick. I'd like to hear an O/R Magnaflow X pipe with the Stingers. The UPR X pipe and Stingers are OKAY.

Last edited:

PIXER

Banned
Damn, thanks for all the help. Looks like either way I gotta come up with some cash :( Just to replace something I already have. Would Bassani Headers make it sound better?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Bassani headers are going on my bassani catted X pipe and stingers soon... about 2-3 weeks, I'll let you know! I also have a rear seat delete so I can tell you that the drone from the catted X + stingers HURTS!

Mike

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
I got the Borlas from amazon no X and I love the sound I am considering an x pipe but dont think I will go with Basani so far i guess i will have to hear one before deciding. of course if I want to metalic sound thats what I got MY RX7 with RB exhaust for.. I will say loose the x pipe

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
PIXER said:
Damn, thanks for all the help. Looks like either way I gotta come up with some cash :( Just to replace something I already have. Would Bassani Headers make it sound better?

Its definately the midpipe making the Stingers sound like crap. Just save up 200$ and get the Prochamber. If you dont like it, you wont have a problem at all selling it. Its the setup I have and its all "MUSCLE CAR"!!! :thumbsup:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
It's the mufflers. They are too small. Get yourself a set of Magnaflow mufflers and have them welded in.

No offense, but please do not do this to such a "piece of artwork" that the Borla Stinger catback is.

SpdShftn04Mach1

TrchRd04Mach1
Established Member
i think maganflow is the last exhause to get, i hate magnaflow, the best exhause out there is either flowmaster or bassani...the Flowmaster American Thunder sounds pretty nice and a Full Bassani sounds good too

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
SpdShftn04Mach1 said:
i think maganflow is the last exhause to get, i hate magnaflow, the best exhause out there is either flowmaster or bassani...the Flowmaster American Thunder sounds pretty nice and a Full Bassani sounds good too
Wow!:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread