I hate traction control

veryorange

Established Member
I was at the light last night and a new mustang GT pulls up next to me and gives me the rev of the engine. I'm thinking OK I'll run. The light turns green I hit the gas pull away go to shift into 2nd and the damm traction control kicks in. I forgot to turn it off. Needless to say the GT caught up. I was pretty pissed. What was I thinking. I'm still new to the whole driving a cobra. I guess I got use to the Lightning hit gas and go.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've forgotten a couple of times myself over the past year. I have a feeling you won't make that mistake again. Disabling it becomes a "learned" habit. LOL!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
PEP Traction Control disable. You get to keep your traction control, but it remembers to turn it off for you!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by BuffDigits
just becomes a force of habit, put seat belt on, hit traction control off, go.
Yep, that's what I do. Works pretty well. LOL!

PhillyCobra

Established Member
I routinely disable the TC whenever I start the car, EXCEPT when I drive in snow and ice, as I use my Cobra all year here in Philly and we have had a lot of winter weather. I couldn't possibly drive this car in ice and snow without TC, so I'm glad it's there.

Piker

Established Member
My predator made my traction control go away

Is the TC gone for good (withgout progamming it back in), or can you still manually turn it on when the road is wet or iced over? :shrug:

texas_snake

Established Member
I had a really bad experience on this one as well. Every since then I remember. Guy ticked me off in traffic and I was gonna just launch some tire smoke. Let the car go with rev and the clutch out. Car almost stalled and lost all power for about 2 secs. I though WTF? Did I just kill my car??? Then about 10 min later I freakin realized the TC was on. My 98 Cobra didn't have that option. Needless to say, I remember this each time I startup now, unless road is wet. Just takes one good screw up to remember :)

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
definately a learned habit.....start car, TURN OFF T/C, turn on the fog lights, unleash hell on the streets of TEXAS!!!!

4.6speed

Established Member
Mine is permanately disabled, when I first got the car the dealer didn't explain TC to me and it kicked in one time and almost killed me, shut my car down to the point I almost hit my head on the steering wheel. Turning it off became habit after that. I know how to drive my car in the rain, and didn't like the sudden power loss all the time, so having it turned off was the best mod I have done to my car.

mosconiac

Established Member
I've developed such a habit that I've caught myself disbling the T/C when I go out to the garage to warm it up during the winter. :)

WhiteT3

White Snake
Established Member
Is there a mod for it to remain off until needed? In other words, when you start you engine it comes on, but reverse it. That way it is off until you push the button to turn it on. Sometimes I use it and sometimes I don't. I like the option.

Rio

funny i just read this (working has kept me from usual svtp lurking).......

i am also one of those who turns it off right after i bucle the seatbelt.......its habit........but for whatever reason, i missed turning it off today......i stepped on it and everything slowed down a lot.....i was confused as well until i glanced at the tc light.......:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Where is it? The link only shows a full page of different products.

Users who are viewing this thread