I have a moral dilemma with leaving my job..

Machdup1

Established Member
You know how much money they make off of you. You are an extreme profit center. Do you know why they call it the stealership, right? You owe them nothing.

Remember to make up your mind before talk to them. You will be dealing with professional sales people who will promise you the world and then get rid of you on their terms.

You might consider just walking out tomorrow and taking a couple days off to get you head right before starting the new job.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If the current employer had been doing right by you, it would be a tougher decision. But they took you for granted. Take the skills you have learned and go to the better job. You underpay a skilled worker? You don't give a guy a raise for four years? You can't blame him for not giving you two weeks notice.

And trust me on this, i have been around long enough to know: if the current employer didn't need you tomorrow, tomorrow you would get laid off.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I’ll update tomorrow to let you guys know how they handled it.

Congrats. Give them two days notice and move on. It’s already more money. Worst they can do is tell you to leave tomorrow and you have two days off before your new job. You owe them nothing no raise in four years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90lx

Established Member
I still think you made the right move. Good advisors are hard to come by too. I really noticed this in the dealership life working on commission. I've worked at 3 ford dealers and seen more bad ones come through than good. If your good at what you do, you can still take that skill set anywhere. I know it's hard to tell them since you have a relationship established there already, but as others have said, you have to look out for you and your family's best interest. Good luck

cbr repsol

Established Member
My dads in the car biz for the last 35 years. Those jobs are a dime a dozen. He can make a phone call and have another job the same day.

I say piss on them and go for the higher pay, You dont owe them a thing.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
No doubt @90lx . We techs may bitch about the antics of some writers, but if they get the jobs sold... Ill deal with a prima donna all day long if I make my hours.

_Snake_

Established Member
I took the job. So it’s definitely happening. Just looking for input on whether it’s the right move given the short window to leave my current job

I’ve transitioned to several new jobs over my career, as have many others. I’m one who strongly believes in preserving your reputation and not burning bridges, and my initial thoughts were that you should make more of an effort to leave your current job on good terms. But you also shouldn’t lose this new opportunity trying to do it. It’s a less than ideal situation, but you have to take care of yourself first.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Take something with you when you leave and gfto.
PxROaiL.gif

You had good intentions to give 2 weeks notice, but it just didn’t work out that way. Don’t risk the other job by continuing to be loyal to this one

CV355

_
Established Member
I understand how you feel you owe them something but you really don't. They'll survive without you and you obviously have to do what is best for you. This is a no brainer.

This. Hands down.

I had a guy leave with 1 day notice a few months back. He explained his situation and wanted to do everything he could to make his departure have the least impact.

I wasn't upset with him at all.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Any boss that would be angry over the new deal is a boss worth leaving.

ZEN357

Established Member
Take the job and leave the old one behind. No raise in 4 years, yeah, if they give you crap about a two day notice tell them it's been 4 years and no raise. WTF?????

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Heh, you have better "morals" than me. One thing if it was a 5k raise, but shit homie that's almost double your pay.

There is no loyalty in that game. Go for the money and hell with the 2 weeks notice.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Yea absolutely, roll deep. Show up with bells on and ready to work Friday. If you want to go out in style, call and quit over the phone. Take the rest of the week off and get prepped for Honda.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
That sucks man, but I did it 8 months ago. Way more pay and medical for free. I work hard for the new boss and have already gotten 4 dollars worth of raises because im acutally paid what i worth.

Users who are viewing this thread