I have an Supercharger Intercooler Leak!!!! HELP!!!

oldmodman

Established Member
If you will be pulling your supercharger to get at the intercooler here is a little tip.
The Ford Factory epoxied the bolts in that hold the intercooler to the supercharger. Many, many people have broken off the bolts trying to get them out.
To safely remove them heat them up first. Use a small propane torch to heat just the head of the bolt. Do them one at a time. After getting the bolt head up to about 450 degrees try to remove it. It will still be difficult to turn and it might require turning it out just a part of a turn, running it back in again then backing it out a little more. Plus it might take more application of the torch trying to remove it. I have had it take me nearly an hour to heat up and remove all the bolts.That factory epoxy is a pain in the ass.
And don't forget that those bolts are use and discard one use bolts.

And they used that damn epoxy on the reverse thread allen socket "bolt" that holds on the supercharger pulley bearing assembly on the end of the crank too. When the factory doesn't want a bolt to come loose, they really don't want it to come loose.

Users who are viewing this thread