I just bought this HF 3 ton jack

Stanger00

Established Member
Anything I should do before I first use it?

It's heavy but I didn't like the build quality of the aluminum jacks in this price range.
So far looks like you have to put weight on the saddle to get the 2 ⅞ height. It's resting height is around 3 ⅛.

I read that basically all jacks these days have issues with leaky pumps.

jytyqudu.jpg

ura2a5a3.jpg

Did I just piss away 93 bucks?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I have that jack. Use it to jack up everything from my corvette to my F150. Has not failed once in the few years I've had it, I think it is a pretty badass low profile jack.

Mine has not leaked since I've had it.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Have the same exact jack, been using it about 2-3x a month for about 2 years and have had no issues. Mine sits a little high like pictured, but if you loosen the valve and step on it, it goes down to normal.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I have my eye on that jack as well, looking for a bargain deal, $93 is not cheap enough for me lol

1hot281

Established Member
I had that jack. Worked well enough. Low profile and long enough to slide under Saleen side skirts and reach the subframe connectors.

bokyo1987

Established Member
I have the longer 2-ton version. Easily lifts my front end and gives enough clearance to stick 12" wheel cribs under. No complaints at all here.

Stanger00

Established Member
I have my eye on that jack as well, looking for a bargain deal, $93 is not cheap enough for me lol

Yeah, sane here but I grew tired if waiting. Maybe August will have it on sale and will get an adjustment.

I had that jack. Worked well enough. Low profile and long enough to slide under Saleen side skirts and reach the subframe connectors.

Thanks!

That's all I need. Our other cars are tall enough for regular jacks.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
I have that HF jack and a Sears floor jack I bought 43 years ago. When not in use I store them both with half a pump to keep air pressure against the seals. I have never had to do any maintenance on either jack, oil or seals.

Stanger00

Established Member
Same jack for a while, not issues!

Awesome to hear

I picked up a 2.5 ton low profile from Sears for $45.

Great!

I seen that one and didn't like the small saddle. I have a tubular K member and no jacking rails on my subframe connectors so I wanted a larger flat saddle.

I have that same jack and love it.

Nice, feeling a lot better about this purchase now. Wish there was a better sale though.

I have that HF jack and a Sears floor jack I bought 43 years ago. When not in use I store them both with half a pump to keep air pressure against the seals. I have never had to do any maintenance on either jack, oil or seals.

I will try to do the same. I know it's bad on a hydraulic ram to leave a load on it when not in use but I don't see the harm with half pump.

I just bought that same jack yesterday.

Nice!

01svtL

Established Member
I bought the same one a couple months ago. Go on Ebay and look for a coupon. I got it for 69.99 I believe. Paid $5 for the coupon. I don't think the current HF coupons are that good, so gotta go to Ebay to get one of the better ones.

01GTB

Established Member
Buddy of mine has one. He likes it. He's a mechanic by trade, but just uses this at home. It looks a lot like my Arcan, but maybe not quite as heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread