I know the motors loosen up after some miles but......?

C6GS

Banned
My car was kind of a dog(14 Brembo GT manual) right from the dealer. I figured it was because they filled it up with the cheapest crap gas they could get. But Im still on the first tank full with about 200 miles on the car now, and it has miraculously grown balls. I have not put a drop of 93 in it yet, but I have been beating on it hard since the first mile I got it. I always believe in the hard break-in method. I have done this on all 7 sports cars I have owned from new, and they have all been strong and reliable. So again, today I was out ripping on it, and was wondering if maybe Ford put on some sort of granny tune for the first 150 or something. Still not sure, but I swear it pulls like a train now compared to 50 miles ago. Reason I know is because the power was like a rubber band before. Meaning I would go WOT in say 2nd gear at like 3k, then the power were would come on slowly but ramp up not as the RPMs would but slower. Now the throttle gives me what I want almost right away. Like I loaded a tune or something. Normally wouldnt you get used to the power and it would feel slower, not faster. Anyway, Im not complaining, just wondering whats up? I had two other 11 GT 5.0's before my C6 I just traded in, and I dont remember those feeling like this either. Both were just fast right out of the gate. Anyway, LOVE the car.

Last edited:

Clipboard

Established Member
the mustang is on point performance wise. c6 vettes had too many "small" issues i thought. i bought my 13 and decided i will get a c3 or c2 vette in a few years or so anyways so i can have both.

yngrshr

Established Member
LS3 grand sport manual dry sump car. Needed back seats plus I am a mustang guy anyway.

You needed back seats and traded for a car that can only fit amputees and tiny children in the back.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
You needed back seats and traded for a car that can only fit amputees and tiny children in the back.

no no no, you make your passenger put their seat all the way forward and bam you have room for 3

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
my 13 boss was the same way, yes they are detuned for the first xxx miles and then they just come to life. I was literally about ready to turn around after I took delivery, but I remembered reading this on the GT500 section. mine just came to life while driving on the hwy

vortecd

Established Member
I drove mine about 1000 miles before I ever put my foot to the floor so no idea if mine "woke up"

C6GS

Banned
Yeah only on occasion when they go with to a car show or something. But it's not my full time DD. just needs to have the option to bring little ones.

burke985

Established Member
My kids ride in the back of mine all the time comfortably and I have a 2 year old and 13 year old

jjd975

Established Member
My 7 year old sits behind me, the 14 year old sits behind mom. They are both comfortable, not as roomy as our Maxima but they still do fine. All I know is any time we go out the kids want us to take the Mustang.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Vette and mustang serve 2 different purposes and each car has it's own set of advantages and disadvantages.

I traded in my 2008 C6 that went 10.0@140 for a 2013 and have not had a single regret.

burke985

Established Member
My 7 year old sits behind me, the 14 year old sits behind mom. They are both comfortable, not as roomy as our Maxima but they still do fine. All I know is any time we go out the kids want us to take the Mustang.

Lol...I know that feeling my son can pick out all the "Bustangs" around town and lets you know there's another one around

Users who are viewing this thread