I need to move south.

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
First nice warm day of spring here in central maine, so I got to unload her from storage and put 80 or so miles on her. What a blast! 5 months without driving her damn near made me go crazy.

Rolling into first, setting her sideways, rolling through 2nd to 4500, and slapping her loose again. Mmmmm, I smiled all day yesterday!

Then the rain we were getting today turned into f-ing snow!!!

Man I need to move south.

b752a5cdcef996a15a90c2e3024d2ab0.jpg
37c0981297719b52e9998501a292003d.jpg
d8e0bbaa908d6aa4a9e5b3aecf7cae04.jpg
6a5d2a8ebfe13508e84d1c0bfee98f50.jpg
298977e986d0087053804f9a739e2ba6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
My car will not come out until May here in Upstate Ny, thats about time all salt/sand is off the roads here. Looks like you have salty roads as well right now

Silver Talon

Established Member
My car will not come out until May here in Upstate Ny, thats about time all salt/sand is off the roads here. Looks like you have salty roads as well right now

We had a pretty good amount of rain over the weekend, so besides the edges, the main roads I was on was pretty spotless. Even the sides of the highway was clean and rinsed off. Some of the back roads have some grit on them still though. The road behind my car in the first pic is only about 20 yards long, then dumps onto the main road that is clear. Now, unless we get more rain, it will be another few weeks before its cleaned up again.

And @Revvv, I send some down to you in a box next season. God knows we get enough up here.

Willie

Established Member
I don't know how or why you guys live up north. There is no such thing as storing your car here. There's no such thing as salting the roads. There's no such thing as not being able to get your car out of the garage/driveway because the snow plow just plowed a 4-foot high snowbank across your driveway. I lived in Ohio, my wife was born and raised in Michigan. We will never go back. No wonder why we get so many snowbirds here. Every winter, I see plates from virtually all the northern states. And no bugs in the desert southwest.... And no daylight savings time -- no messing with "spring forward, fall back".

Here, the winter months are the best for cruising. My wife drives a 2004 T-bird. It has a removable hard top. We put it on during the SUMMER months because it's too hot to drive topless. It's the winter months she enjoys topless driving, lol....

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
U aint kidding bro I freakn HATE living in New England. U get 3 months of nice weather then its either too HOT or too dam COLD!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I hear ya...but when you have a working wife, family, kids in school, work, and friends it is sometimes difficult to pull the trigger to leave that behind and move south.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is nice to be able to drive your race car anytime. I would be remiss if I didn’t remind you of year round tornado season and the feeling of 95% humidity on a 95 degree day. If there is a CHANCE of snow here, they close school and empty out the grocery stores.

Personally, I would rather live somewhere with low humidity and without extreme high temperatures.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First, nice GT-500. Sucks that that snow snuck a last hurrah. Our last snow was late March....thankfully. I'm picking up my new '19 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD (Sport) on Wednesday. It comes with summer tires, so I'm excited that we're at the beginning of the good weather season. 8 months of FUN!

What part of Maine are you? Wife and I are vacationing in Boothbay Harbor in June. We usually drive to Maine a couple of times every year. Great state, but I hate snow....anywhere!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I took mine out for a quick drive a couple of weeks ago. The roads were clear of salt and sand and there was no snow anywhere.
But, yeah, I wouldn't mind moving south myself. Winters in the northeast suck!

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Used to love the Northeast, the different seasons and all that jazz but between the harsh winters, shitty roads and ever climbing taxes I would love to head South or West.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Used to love the Northeast, the different seasons and all that jazz but between the harsh winters, shitty roads and ever climbing taxes I would love to head South or West.
Yeah,...the constant thawing and freezing and salting/sanding the roads turns them to crap real fast. That's another reason to move south.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The grass is always greener. Daily heat indices in the triple digits are a natural occurrence in July and August down here. I need a summer home in Colorado.

svt662

Established Member
Just started snowing 15 minutes N. Boston, Ma April 9

1time

Established Member
we get it all in oklahome from ice storms , f9 tornadoes and earthquakes lol

Silver Talon

Established Member
First, nice GT-500. Sucks that that snow snuck a last hurrah. Our last snow was late March....thankfully. I'm picking up my new '19 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD (Sport) on Wednesday. It comes with summer tires, so I'm excited that we're at the beginning of the good weather season. 8 months of FUN!

What part of Maine are you? Wife and I are vacationing in Boothbay Harbor in June. We usually drive to Maine a couple of times every year. Great state, but I hate snow....anywhere!

I'm up in central Maine, just a little ways south of Bangor. You taking the Shelby up here in June? Booth bay is a great spot to hit.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
First nice warm day of spring here in central maine, so I got to unload her from storage and put 80 or so miles on her. What a blast! 5 months without driving her damn near made me go crazy.

Rolling into first, setting her sideways, rolling through 2nd to 4500, and slapping her loose again. Mmmmm, I smiled all day yesterday!

Then the rain we were getting today turned into f-ing snow!!!

Man I need to move south.

View attachment 1563670View attachment 1563671View attachment 1563672View attachment 1563673View attachment 1563674

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lol, just revisited your thread saw the snowy pics in post #1.
FYI, just got home from work (2am) and its still a muggy 97 degrees
Still moving south????? LMAO!

Silver Talon

Established Member
lol, just revisited your thread saw the snowy pics in post #1.
FYI, just got home from work (2am) and its still a muggy 97 degrees
Still moving south????? LMAO!

Every day i'm tempted to hop on the highway south instead of north for work. Its 43 degrees this morning, and its almost june! Total crap I say!

If I head south, Ill probably end up somewhere around Tennessee or NC. I like those areas.

Users who are viewing this thread