I NEED to rant!!!

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I sold some ET Streets that I had left over from when I sold my drag wheels. So today I go to ship them out to their new owner and the UPS guy say "that will be $79.87". I laughed and asked what it really is. Anyways, he said they have a $20 charge for items not in boxes :shrug: WHO THE HELL SHIPS TIRES IN A BOX!!!! I said no thanks and walked my happy ass back to my car.

So then I go to FedEX.... SAME THING!!!!! $71.93!! A little better but WTF!!! The lady say's the $20 charge for items not in a box started in January because of the economy. So the economy goes to shit and random BS charges arise!! WTF:fm: So to the guy who is getting my tires... ENJOY!!

When I shipped my CCW's out, it was $81.xx for 4 wheels and the fronts had tires on them. The rear wheels where in boxes and the fronts had cardboard cutouts taped on the wheels. I know that weighed a lot more than 2 ET Streets :bored:

When I left work today I saw a FedEX truck with a busted drive shaft stuck in the middle of the road. I felt bad for the guy. Now that I look back on it I :lol: ENJOY FIXING THAT TRUCK YOU SOBs!!!!:cuss:

OK done ranting :beer:

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Isn't that the way Tire Rack, and the other internet places ship them? I wonder how that will affect their businesses? Or maybe, it's just f**k the little guy, but the businesses will be exempt...

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Whhatt? A member and I just swapped tires NOT in boxes and both of our shipping combined was less than your total LOL..

Mine was like $30 to ship and they weren't in a box, neither were the tires I got.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I got tire's from Tire Rack and they did not come in a box.
Nobody ships tires in a box.

NoRdO

Established Member
I would have gone to staples or some other store, bought 2 boxes and some tape, and then ship them off. The tape and boxes wouldn't be any more than $5.

Luckybob2485

Established Member
I shipped two 275 35 18 with fedex, and it was about 70-80 without a box. Then i bought a box from them for 5 dollars, and it was like 50 dollars to ship it, so 55 total to ship it.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I just shipped 2 275/50/15 DRs on Sunday and paid $40. The guy weight one, it came out to 30 lbs, and he split that weight so the computer thought each tire weighed 15 lbs. I got off easy!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
First off if you don't have an account with UPS or Fed Ex you will get raped on shipping charges to begin with. Regardless if the tires are in a box or not. The markup at a "Postal Pack" or " Ship and Pack" place is crazy. Next. As you can image we ship a lot of packages. We've got a very large account with Fed Ex. We were paying $6.50 extra per tire that isn't in a box to ship. That was last year. I haven't even check to see if that's changed or not but I do know the fee is real and does exist.

So there ya have it. You were getting retail rates for both the regular shipping charges as well as the open box item fee.

Jared

tj04cobra

Established Member
+1 i hate ups also. i sold a part to another member on this website and went to ups with his address and everything and the lady argued with me saying "The address that you gave me is not a real place. I could send this item out anyways though and we both can hope that it gets there if infact that the address you have given me is real". I was like WTF!! and then walked out

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
First off if you don't have an account with UPS or Fed Ex you will get raped on shipping charges to begin with. Regardless if the tires are in a box or not. The markup at a "Postal Pack" or " Ship and Pack" place is crazy. Next. As you can image we ship a lot of packages. We've got a very large account with Fed Ex. We were paying $6.50 extra per tire that isn't in a box to ship. That was last year. I haven't even check to see if that's changed or not but I do know the fee is real and does exist.

So there ya have it. You were getting retail rates for both the regular shipping charges as well as the open box item fee.

Jared

I'm a wholesale distributor of hard drives on the side and the lady at Fedex told me it is only worth getting an account if you ship anything other than ground. No discounts on ground shipping, thats what I was told.

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Any oversize item through UPS or FedEx is a total ****ing ripoff. I don't even ship wheels anymore.

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
UPS and FedEx are both a bunch of cocksuckers. I recently started parting out all the aftermarket stuff from my 2005 GT and I'm the type of guy who justs posts a 'shipped' price to avoid any confusion and WOW did I take a beating.

I tried to sell a GT500 chin spoiler recently... weighs like 2 lbs, but because of 'dimensional weight' they said $125. I told them to get bent.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
When I owned my own auto related business we were taken on a tour of UPS, all items not boxed are sent on a totally different belt system and are handled separately. Of course this involves more labor which turns into higher shipping costs. I knew someone at FedEx and they do it the same way. It sounds like most of you don't care for UPS but I have had excellent results with them. I have received magazines at home with ripped covers from the USPS, every business will have it's problems from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread