I NEED to rant!!!

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
yea, they both charged out the ass. And it was also considered an over sized item since the tires were 25-26" wide. They weighed 22lbs each. I'm still heated over that price.

I will never ship tires or wheels again. Unless the buyer is covering it... LOL

fudgerunyard

Banned
Thank GOD i don't have to pay those ridiculous prices!!! I work for a major airline and we have a shipping agreement with FedEx that gives us 75% off shipping, which is even better than FedEx employees get, LOL!!!

I recently shipped my Eaton supercharger to some guy in Melbourne Australia, the total weight was 75lbs, but because the boxes dimensions were oversized, the total would have been $450, but not only did they not charge me the oversized fee, after my discount it only cost me $60to ship via 3 day Priority International.

Venimus

Established Member
I also hate UPS and never ship with them. Prices are ridiculous, they mishandle stuff like mad, and don't deliver on Saturdays. USPS all the way for me.

RazorGTP

Oilsands Baby!
Established Member
Hah! Try living in Canada! I have to order everything from the states. Most sellers seem to ship UPS and on top of taxes, duty and shipping, I get another UPS handling fee! A $250 tire costs me $400. I also buy a lot off ebay so you can imagine the amount that UPS & the Gov't is making off me each year! :fm:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Isn't that the way Tire Rack, and the other internet places ship them? I wonder how that will affect their businesses? Or maybe, it's just f**k the little guy, but the businesses will be exempt...

Everything is F' the little guy and those that are responsible for themselves, make good decisions etc. Handouts for everyone else and WE pay!!

First off if you don't have an account with UPS or Fed Ex you will get raped on shipping charges to begin with......

Jared

I'll be coming over to ship out my tires soon Jared!!! Glad I pick up right from your door!!! :beer:

I miss my 75% employee discount from FedEx.

...........and they were STILL making money!! I worked for UPS when I got home from College one winter. You wouldn't believe the thievery that goes on according to the driver. For example, their fuel they are charging you a surcharge for was bought 5 yrs. ago when it was $1.25/gal. :p

cheapest way to ship things is Greyhound Bus.

They probably have more room for shipping items as no one rides those death traps anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread