I pulled the trigger - tuning content inside

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the live aspect was huge for me. Being on the inexperienced side seeing/feeling how the car reacts real time to small changes will be a huge help imo

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the live aspect was huge for me. Being on the inexperienced side seeing/feeling how the car reacts real time to small changes will be a huge help imo

nobody I knew had a good MAF table for my car when I tried it, it took me over 30 minutes of guessing at the MAF value and loading new tunes to get my car to even start and hold a half decent idle (it would start and die).

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Sheesh. Yeah I'm not into that. I mean its 2020 come on, plus I'm not that patient of a person either haha

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
QH is in the car. However, when I try to read the current strategy BE says it’s locked to another user (SCT tune from a few years ago). Any way to get it unlocked? I thought I tripped PATS but turned the QH to 0 and all was well

Blown38

Established Member
I believe you need to get the Strategy license file into the BE folder. I was just trying to help another buddy with this, this morning.

Its been a minute since I've setup BE so not sure exactly what to do.

BE is kinda a pain to get setup and I suggest once you get it setup do not update it. Make sure the web auto updates are turned off.

Read this if you haven't already and see if it helps. http://eecanalyzer.net/tech/docs/Getting Started.pdf

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok thanks I emailed coretuning earlier too just to check if I screwed up. I was using the getting started guid, instructions that came with it, and the help file. I got the DEF files downloaded and my QH is linked so I think I’m getting close

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m going to try getting the strategy file in there too and see if that does it.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
To me, BE seems a bit more user friendly. I talked to a few guys about BE and and tunerpro read up on both. Looked at screen shots etc of both too. I could be wrong but BE seems a bit simpler and more straightforward. Malcolm specifically mentioned some experience he had with both softwares and that was helpful too hearing pro/con from him on each. cj428mach also recommended it. I will say I talked to both Ben and Clint at coretuning.net and they are very responsive and helpful. I emailed ben yesterday morning and he emailed back in about an hour.
Not trying to knock tunerpro because it seems to have a good following and I’m not an expert on it. I know decipha is a big time user and his website has been extremely helpful too.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Pic dump. Toolbox gets 10 more horsepower. It was my labs 5th birthday so I treated myself to all the tuning goodies while my other dog licked the bowl from dinner.

IMG_6103.JPG

IMG_6101.JPG
IMG_6099.JPG

IMG_6100.JPG

IMG_6107.JPG

IMG_6109.JPG

IMG_6110.JPG
IMG_6112.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Hopped out to the shop for a little bit last night. Wish the QH plug was a little longer but I routed the usb into the glove box and will just keep it there. Zip ties work great. How did people mod cars before the internet? Lol
IMG_6121.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Ben @ coretuning is going to call me this evening to get it all sorted. I almost tried to download the strategy file last night but didn’t want to royally F it all up haha

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah my current tune is the one that I can’t pull. I didn’t download the strategy file yet because I didn’t want to overwrite my current tune and have to start from scratch

Blown38

Established Member
You can't overwrite the tune that is in the EEC unless you use a flashing device like an excalibrator. At least I don't think you can. But I haven't used BE on an OBD2 car.

If your strategy isn't loaded in BE then you won't be able to read the tune from the EEC into BE.

I haven't fully grasped Tuner Pro, but I've messed with it very little. I need to start using it on the Marauder.

My buddy that was having issues just got his files from Adam at Core on a Sunday. Sounds like great guys. He got the wrong strategy file at 1st.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Yeah my current tune is the one that I can’t pull. I didn’t download the strategy file yet because I didn’t want to overwrite my current tune and have to start from scratch

I bought it because they told me specifically that I could pull the existing tune. My plan was to edit the tune off of it. I finally got in touch with them after a couple weeks of trying every which way and they informed me that I could not pull the tune. Hopefully you have better luck and understand my earlier post.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
What tune did you have on there? Honestly i just figured that would be my easiest starting spot but I won't be pissed if I need to start from scratch. I'll learn a bunch that way at least.

I still have my xcal 2, not sure if that will save my butt or not. Ideally i can pull the tune, flash the car back to stock then turn the QH back on and boom. Will report back after my call with Ben.

Users who are viewing this thread