I put SpinTech Mufflers on and I am...

CobraSS

Established Member
Pretty darn happy :) At first I thought they were way to quiet. But then after driving around for 2 days with them on, I love them. They have the exact sound I was looking for and they do have some loudness to them. You can hardly hear them in the car, but if you roll the windows down they sound great. I had a friend sit in my car and rev it up for me while I was standing behind it today and they are definitely louder than I thought. Very low tone and agressive sounding. They have the crackle sound when you let off the gas (which some like and some don't). Anyway, just thought I would share my review with you all.

By the way it was mufflers only, no catback or side exhaust.

Also put on a 10" Power Stack filter and that definitely woke up the supercharger sound. It's a screamer now on both ends :D

Later

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Aren't the SpinTech mufflers louder than the Bassani, Magnaflow and Steeda catbacks? I was surprised to hear that you thought they were too quiet.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
they are louder than anything I have heard. They sound awesome and I will get spintech on every car I get from now on. I see you got the street mufflers, I got the race mufflers and they rattle the change inside the cup holder. I also have a magnaflow catted X pipe and a magnaflow catback. It is louder than my friends o/r X pipe and flows.

Last edited:

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
He must be running all stock pipe. That was what I use to have but the damn things seemed to fall apart and then started to rattle thank god I got rid of them hopefully you dont have this problem it was only one of mine but I plan to get some more soon.

SVTdubs

Established Member
When I do exhaust work, I get everything welded so nothing rattles or leaks! It is the best sound EVER

SVTdubs

Established Member
oh, damn. I hope that doesnt happen. If it does I will buy another set because I am in love with the sound. I cant hear myself think and thats how I like it!

CobraSS

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Aren't the SpinTech mufflers louder than the Bassani, Magnaflow and Steeda catbacks? I was surprised to hear that you thought they were too quiet.

What can I say......I like it loud :)

I have all stock exhaust with just the mufflers replaced. I think once I do the O/R X-pipe it will be good and loud for me.

If they mufflers fall apart on the inside I will contact SpinTech and ask for free replacements. Don't know if they warranty their work, but I have never heard of them falling apart until now.

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
I have the 2.5" mini-pro street Spintechs welded in...They are loud...Louder than the Flowmaster C/B but they're getting replaced this weekend with the Bassani SS C/B...Need more HP/TQ...But those spintechs do rip...And dont worry about them falling apart...From what I can tell they are built like brick shithouses....I'll be keeping them with my stock C/B unless the Bassani is too quiet and needs some livening-up.

-pete:coolman:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 00SVTdubs
oh, damn. I hope that doesnt happen. If it does I will buy another set because I am in love with the sound. I cant hear myself think and thats how I like it!
I heard Pete's and one other car with them and they sound good. :beer:

CobraSS

Established Member
I must have got some quiet ones? I have the sportsman street and you can hardly hear them in the car if you have the windows up. They really aren't that loud. They do sound good though. The sound is what I was looking for and different then the usual.

A friend with an 03 and o/r x-pipe and magnaflow catback is stopping by to listen to them today. I will post and let you know what he thinks. Now his car is LOUD!!!

Last edited:

black10th

Clutch killer
Established Member
CobraSS....you car sounds good! :thumbsup: It is pretty loud when you get on it, and it has a nice deep sound at idle.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Also put on a 10" Power Stack filter and that definitely woke up the supercharger sound. It's a screamer now on both ends :D

Later [/B][/QUOTE]

CobraSS, where did you get the power stack filter?

JC

CobraSS

Established Member
Flash, I got it from Anderson Ford. Part # AF-0010-R40PS. $50. Plus you will need Part # PM-90FF (adapter to fit the MAF meter) $18.

They have a web site www.andersonfordmotorsport.com

They have a 8", 10", and 12". The 10" just bearly fits, so I would suggest that size, but I have heard of people using the 12". I have no idea how they got it to fit though.

Hope this helps.

Thanks black10th. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread