I sipped the AED koolaid, I'm a happy camper!

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Loaded up some minor JLT specific tweaks last night and, once again, Shaun has come through with an amazing tune. This thing is a beast. Going to the track tonight to run it in the Louisiana swamp heat. Now, the true test begins.

pohnjarker

Established Member
I finally got the logs done right and sent in for shaun to tweak for the last time and he sent me the rest of the tunes.

i uploaded the lopey idle tune, drove it like a grandma around town for half hour like advised by Shaun and man, its a beast. it sounds AWESOME and rocks the car like crazy. now instead of going into the store with the wife or something, i'll sit out in the car and rock out until she gets back!!!!!!!

RSKtakR

Established Member
im also getting a taste of this.. just did my 1st 4 logs for Shaun. Cant wait to get a E camed tune. Does anyone have the "popping" that comes w/ the other cam tunes after reving the motor when an o/r x or h pipe is used?? I read somewhere that the popping noise is from all the additional fuel that is used for the cam tune that is getting ignited in the o/r pipe??

Last edited:

pohnjarker

Established Member
im also getting a taste of this.. just did my 1st 4 logs for Shaun. Cant wait to get a E camed tune. Does anyone have the "popping" that comes w/ the other cam tunes after reving the motor when an o/r x or h pipe is used?? I read somewhere that the popping noise is from all the additional fuel that is used for the cam tune that is getting ignited in the o/r pipe??

I dont have an o/r x or h pipe but I got it a LOT after i got the tune from Shaun so i asked him about it and from what i understood him saying is that in between shifts, the power doesnt cut out like it does stock and other tunes so you have that power when you shift to the next gear ready to go

i have definitely noticed that i have more power when im power shifting all the way up to 5th which is pretty sweet!

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I dont have an o/r x or h pipe but I got it a LOT after i got the tune from Shaun so i asked him about it and from what i understood him saying is that in between shifts, the power doesnt cut out like it does stock and other tunes so you have that power when you shift to the next gear ready to go

i have definitely noticed that i have more power when im power shifting all the way up to 5th which is pretty sweet!

yea thats true and thats why it does it! When I was helping to test the popping was insane. Its alot better now! :beer:

mikestoyz

Established Member
That flatspot is actually you hitting the 6850rpm soft rev limiter. You cant get to 7K with the factory tune unless you accidentally over-rev.

Nah, I know what that feels like. Totally kills your ability to spin them hard on a shift. I mean, if you are cruising in 4th and nail it in 3rd, there is a tiny flat spot. Driving my car and riding in mikeltdlx's, I notice his throttle crispness.

pohnjarker

Established Member
Nah, I know what that feels like. Totally kills your ability to spin them hard on a shift. I mean, if you are cruising in 4th and nail it in 3rd, there is a tiny flat spot. Driving my car and riding in mikeltdlx's, I notice his throttle crispness.

that flat spot you speak of is definitely gone :banana:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Loaded up some minor JLT specific tweaks last night and, once again, Shaun has come through with an amazing tune. This thing is a beast. Going to the track tonight to run it in the Louisiana swamp heat. Now, the true test begins.

so how did it run mike

RSKtakR

Established Member
well I sent Shaun the datalog from the tune that was on my car before his base tune. The first sentence in his reply was:

"Do NOT go WOT on this tune anymore. It's running 14.7:1 till 6100RPM....and has ubsurd timing down low till the knocks start going crazy and pulling timing."

So the car now has a AED base tune, will be logging it tonight weather permitting.

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member

+1 Maybe it's the drive by wire calming things down?

mikestoyz

Established Member
well I sent Shaun the datalog from the tune that was on my car before his base tune. The first sentence in his reply was:

"Do NOT go WOT on this tune anymore. It's running 14.7:1 till 6100RPM....and has ubsurd timing down low till the knocks start going crazy and pulling timing."

So the car now has a AED base tune, will be logging it tonight weather permitting.

I'm sure you won't name names, but was it a custom/remote tune like Shaun, or a off the shelf mustang gt generic tune?

+1 Maybe it's the drive by wire calming things down?

I didn't buy this car for it to be calm! Lol

MikeLTDLX

Established Member

Whose tune was that!!!

RSKtakR

Established Member
I'm sure you won't name names, but was it a custom/remote tune like Shaun, or a off the shelf mustang gt generic tune?

Just a generic emailed/canned tune for the Boss manifold, JLT CAI, o/r x-pipe. Get what you pay for I guess.. However I ATLEAST thought I would be getting a tune that wouldn't run my car RIGHT on the edge of going boom like that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread