I sipped the AED koolaid, I'm a happy camper!

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Yup. Even more so that you state your happy an next you state your not. It's hard to believe anything at that point. Makes you think he's just trying to get AED To do free stuff for him.

I don't expect anything for free. All I wanted to them to do was back up the work they performed on my 03 cobra heads. Full story coming soon.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I don't expect anything for free. All I wanted to them to do was back up the work they performed on my 03 cobra heads. Full story coming soon.

Well let us know what's up cause I've never had shaun or drew not stand behind there work. An if your old tune was better from amazon why not install that tune back..shaun tunes on the safer side.

Chris @ HPX works with Shawn @ AED.... so I can say that I'm sipping on this coolaid juice as well :coolman:

that's always good to.hear team work help the whole community.

D.T.R

Established Member
Well let us know what's up cause I've never had shaun or drew not stand behind there work. An if your old tune was better from amazon why not install that tune back..shaun tunes on the safer side.

that's always good to.hear team work help the whole community.

Couldn't have said it any better :beer:

Shaun@AED

I'll start.
I took Ravi's heads to a local machinist to have new seats and guides installed with a valvejob.

After his heads were returned to him I got a call from another customer about his guides going south after the same work.
I re-called all heads done at that shop the prior 9 months (6 sets total), one of those sets was Ravi's.
It took him 2 months to bring the heads, but luckily he had not yet installed them (his shortblock was not ready anyway).
I had said machinist re-do all guides and a fresh valvlejob under warranty.
Not trusting said shops work, I took Ravi's heads to another high end machinist to have them disassembled, checked, and blueprinted (clearances checked). I paid for that work out of my pocket.
Heads came back with a clean bill of health, no work needed.
Unfortunately this process took an additional 4 months due to one machinist ot wanting to do any 'free' work, and the other shop having only 1 machinist. By which time Ravi's motor was nearly ready for the heads. During this time Ravi called frequently complaining the job was taking too much time (understandable), however his shortblock was not yet built, so I was a little put off why he was calling to complain.
Heads were finally ready and it took him 3 weeks to pick them up at the shop!

Couple weeks later I start getting calls about ticking on the driver side head.
I assured him the heads were double checked by another machine shop and there shouldn't be any issues, however if there were any issues I would stand behind both machinists work and have it taken care off. He needed to remove the head(s) and bring them to me. I would remove them myself if I'd installed them, but he did the labor himself.
Several calls later he's still complaining but has not brought me the heads.
We talk some more and I find out he installed the heads incorrectly, so I inform him that he could have damaged something apon install.

His install:
Heads came back without cams/rockers/followers.
Crank key at 10 O'clock which puts 2 pistons at TDC.
Heads installed with cams but no rockers.
Lash adjusters installed and rockers "slid" in between the cam, valve, and lash adjuster. *Note* rockers don't 'slide' in like that, it takes quite a bit of force if one does not push the valves open.
Cams turned for each rocker to be 'slid' in.
Cams turned for proper timing chain installation, but 2 pistons still at TDC!

After hearing this I informed Ravi that I would cover any work done by the machinist, however any damage that came from HIS work he would be liable for. At which point point he assured me his work was properly done and the problem is from improper machining, then he asked me for an estimate if he did mess something up. Since I'm not our machine shop, I have not seen the heads nor know what the issue could be I could not give him an estimate. He did not like this answer, we had some words, I told him after this was resolved I would not tune his car and we both hung up the phone.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Couldn't have said it any better :beer:

I'm not talking about tune issues with Shaun. Because I didn't have any tune issue with shauns tune. I have another situation regarding my 03 cobra heads that I took to Shaun to have them rebuild.

faztcobra

Established Member
This could get out of hand, but it sounds like Shaun has bent over backwards and been more than accommodating in this situation. If Snakerider screwed something up in the install, he should take responsibility for it. As always, there are 2 sides to every story...quite curious to his rebuttal.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yup this all sounds about right to me.. Shaun backing up his work and when people install the shit themselves and **** it up they blame shaun lol.. Yet another reason why I had AED build my entire car!!

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm not talking about tune issues with Shaun. Because I didn't have any tune issue with shauns tune. I have another situation regarding my 03 cobra heads that I took to Shaun to have them rebuild.

Why dont you discuss/dispute this in a proper manner. By either PMing him... Or starting a thread about under the correct section?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yup this all sounds about right to me.. Shaun backing up his work and when people install the shit themselves and **** it up they blame shaun lol.. Yet another reason why I had AED build my entire car!!

damn right. once again as stated the guys wants free work for his mistake

Why dont you discuss/dispute this in a proper manner. By either PMing him... Or starting a thread about under the correct section?

that would make him actually sound like a gentle men

whoa dude! secure that good idea fairy! your making to much sense!

exactly

SVTPete83

Established Member
You're not going to get the response you want by placing motor complaints in the Aed cool aid thread lol.

hand-filer

Established Member
Well Shaun I highly doubt you will ever see the heads returned now that the truth has been outed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC_SapphireBlue_GT

Established Member
I've talked to Shaun via pm on this site, and after reading posts by him and other about him I am 100% getting tuned by him once I get the balls to get a tune.

Last edited:

DukeNukem1

Established Member
what parts are we using to get 11's

I have a stock 2011 gt with Slp muffler delete...I have run 13.20 on Brembo equipped car. What parts do I need to pair with shauns tune to get in 11's and do I need different tires, wheels etc. Near Cincinnati.........thx in advance for info.:rockon: Btw its a 6 speed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread