I think I did a good thing yesterday...

BigMikeCobra

Learning to be humble
Established Member
Last night, on my way to the house, I decided to pull in at a local gas station to get some gas and few snacks. When I pulled in there was a small mini-van with two young kids sitting in the car waiting for their mother to finish getting whatever from inside. I parked the car, had my windows rolled down and one kid tapped the hell out of his brother's shoulder and said look look ....its a Cobra..its a Cobra! and the other kid said..omg it is a Cobra . These kids are about 10-12. I didn't say anything to them. They were stuck to the half opened window their mom left them with just admiring the car. Their mom gets out of the store, and they both say mom mom ...its a cobra. And the mom looks at them and said don't look at that car, we can never afford that. I personally thought that was wrong, the kids didn't ask for their mother to buy them one, neither is it wrong to admire or have a dream car. I stepped out of the car and went to the mother and said, do you have a second?..she said yes, i said I would love for your kids to come see me car up close. I said that and the kids were jaw dropped. She said alright. They happened to have a digital camera, and I let them take pics sitting in the driver's seat, standing in front of the car, next to it , etc. I never seen any kid as excited as these two. I told them both, this was once my dream car and look at what I'm driving. I told them to stay in school and work hard, and they can get what ever they want. Thought I'd share my story, hopefully others can do something similar. Thanks for reading my boring story. lol

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
That is a cool story. I don't understand people squashing the dreams of a child like that...

One of our friends has two kids and both of them LOVE Mustangs. They are 7 and 3. The 3 yr old was actually upset with me because I took the 7 yr old for a ride last week. I had to explain to him that I didn't have a child seat for him to sit in.

When I had my 08 GT/CS; my wife picked the 7 yr old up in it one morning and took him to school as a suprise. He thought that was the greatest thing in the world.

SlowSVT

Established Member
You must have made their day. They will probably be talking about that experience for a week and are now devoted fans.

Good call :burnout:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awsome, those two kids will remember that for the rest of there lives, nice work!

408bluedog

Established Member
I ****ing hate kids... And dreams.

J/k lol. I had a similar experience with some kids in their parents car next to me on the street I did a burnout for them and they caught me at the light and were screaming "do it again!" so I did and their dad looked just as happy as they were.

SVT GI

Established Member
Thats awesome. Good on you, you did the right thing. They will remember that forever.

Similar thing happened to me when I was a kid. I fell in love with Mustangs when I was 9 (now 34) and our neighbors down the street had 3, a 65 fastback and 2 Foxbodys (84, and brand new 85) and the dad would let me hang out while he worked on them. He would give me something easy that I could do to feel like I was making a contribution. I'll never forget those moments. Fast forward to 1993, I was 17, worked my butt off and bought my first Mustang....an 85 GT!

mrose75

Established Member
Outstanding!!! I tip my hat to you. That's awesome. Positive reinforcement. People don't know how powerful that can be. So powerful!! Those kids will remember that for the rest of their lives!!

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
That's great Mike. Any time a kid oggles my car I always throw in the "stay in school and work hard" stuff and its really good advice. I think you did great and we could all take a lesson from you. Way to set a good example. Its cliche but kids really are the future.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Awesome story bud, these kind of stories remind me of what some of these cars started out as...a DREAM. Those kids probably told all their friends about it and you definately made their day. I have a similar story from this summer.... We did a cruise for cancer for Yale New Haven Cancer center here in CT and the look on those kids faces when they saw all the cars was priceless....nice to put a smile on those kids faces with the cars, thats for sure. The Cobra was a big hit too !!!

Users who are viewing this thread