I want a one of these guard dogs!

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Those dogs are the ultimate...a pit trying to bit those is like trying to take down an elephant.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I have wanted one of these dogs for several years, one day I WILL own one. either that or a Kurdish Kangal.
these dogs are brutal.
YouTube - ‪Kurdish Kangal Dog Pulls a 4,5 Tons Tractor with its Mouth!‬‏

My goal is to someday buy some land and retire either in Flagstaff, AZ or Prescott, AZ (I actually hate the heat, but love AZ). I also plan to own one of these dogs to guard over whatever land I can afford and have been heavily researching them.

I've been looking at either a Caucasian, a Kangal, or a Tibetan Mastiff:

[youtube_browser]BX0lvB3i9z4[/youtube_browser]

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
Pretty bad ass dogs but other than my boxer I would take one of these. Dogo argentino
47628605-5da5-136d.jpg

Sent from earth to space and back using Tapatalk.

hb712

Established Member
And when I run out of gas he can pull my car.

Those are enormous dogs! And what attitude:kaboom:

Like this? [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ctRUSM4seI"]YouTube - ‪Angry Dog Pulls a Car‬‏[/nomedia]

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
My goal is to someday buy some land and retire either in Flagstaff, AZ or Prescott, AZ (I actually hate the heat, but love AZ). I also plan to own one of these dogs to guard over whatever land I can afford and have been heavily researching them.

I've been looking at either a Caucasian, a Kangal, or a Tibetan Mastiff:

[youtube_browser]BX0lvB3i9z4[/youtube_browser]

Aww what you don't want a pit then?? That's pretty funny coming from a guy that shit talks about pit's.
If some dumb tard got a hold of one of those and didn't treat him right he would kill not just you but everyone around..
So becuase pit's have been gangsterized and are a very popular dog so we read about them ALL the time pure bred or not, im sure this would be next in line to talk shit about right?? Or because you have or want one makes it better I guess... Sorry to jack the thread OP, just kinda funny.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Aww what you don't want a pit then?? That's pretty funny coming from a guy that shit talks about pit's.
If some dumb tard got a hold of one of those and didn't treat him right he would kill not just you but everyone around..
So becuase pit's have been gangsterized and are a very popular dog so we read about them ALL the time pure bred or not, im sure this would be next in line to talk shit about right?? Or because you have or want one makes it better I guess... Sorry to jack the thread OP, just kinda funny.

I actually would feel better about these dogs than I would a Pit. These dogs being primitive still have the proper pack and protection mentality. As long as me and my family are a part of the pack, we're okay. The fact is that Pits have WAY too many examples of killing people within its own household for me to ever be comfortable with. Do you not notice the large wolf-husky mix in my avatar?

Although most other breeds always have anomalies that cause them to be "insane" in terms of dog behavior, at least the "insanity" wasn't bred into them like it was into Pits.

A dog is supposed to act submissive to show submissiveness. A pit is THE ONLY breed that has been recorded to act submissive in order to bring you in for the kill. NOT NATURAL. This gives them an advantage in a dog-fight, but is creepy-to-psychotic seen in the light of day. I'd rather an aggressive dog that's more "honest" about its aggressiveness.

Not saying all Pits are like this, but I'd rather stay on the side of caution. I also act to try and counterbalance the over-aggressiveness of Pit owners to expand the propaganda for the dogs people like you seem to be truly suited for.

Oh, and in the "vs. Pits" threads, we've had more than one personal testimonials from members who have experienced first-hand the unpredictability of Pits. Yet you Pit owners tend to gloss over or outright ignore what these members have posted.

Last edited:

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
Okay so because that dog is very rare in the US it makes it a better dog?? Why because of the people that breed and raise them care and make damn sure they don't get into the wrong hands. If the local thugs get a hold of a dog like that it would make pit's look like a frickin toy!! If your neighbors or friends are to stupid to own and train a pit then what the hell do you think this kind of dog will do.
Even if they are kinda of trained from birth like the video said in the wrong hands you would have trouble correct?? As I have said it is all in who has the animal or child or whatever, if you treat it wrong you will pay or someone else will.
I have NO problem with any dog as far as agression it's usually the ownwers, just like the crazy ass pit that I now live down the street from, goes after me and my pup everyday until I told the owner I would bring it to her on a platter after I cut off it's head! If it was a dog like your or a weiner dog I would do the same!!

hb712

Established Member
I actually would feel better about these dogs than I would a Pit. These dogs being primitive still have the proper pack and protection mentality. As long as me and my family are a part of the pack, we're okay. The fact is that Pits have WAY too many examples of killing people within its own household for me to ever be comfortable with. Do you not notice the large wolf-husky mix in my avatar?

Although most other breeds always have anomalies that cause them to be "insane" in terms of dog behavior, at least the "insanity" wasn't bred into them like it was into Pits.

A dog is supposed to act submissive to show submissiveness. A pit is THE ONLY breed that has been recorded to act submissive in order to bring you in for the kill. NOT NATURAL. This gives them an advantage in a dog-fight, but is creepy-to-psychotic seen in the light of day. I'd rather an aggressive dog that's more "honest" about its aggressiveness.

Not saying all Pits are like this, but I'd rather stay on the side of caution. I also act to try and counterbalance the over-aggressiveness of Pit owners to expand the propaganda for the dogs people like you seem to be truly suited for.

Oh, and in the "vs. Pits" threads, we've had more than one personal testimonials from members who have experienced first-hand the unpredictability of Pits. Yet you Pit owners tend to gloss over or outright ignore what these members have posted.
You honestly have no real clue what you're talking about. You don't seem to understand the basics of dog psychology or breeding. You think a primitive (i.e., not as domesticated) animal is better for families? Do you have a recipe for the shit you're smoking? It must be some strong stuff.

Guess what, I had multiple surgeries to repair what a mutt (mix of field dogs) did to me. Care to gloss over that? You should, it's an outlier. The stats all you Pit haters use are really statistically insignificant when you compare them to breed population statistics. The fact is, dog attacks are not statistically significant because of the rarity when compared to the number of dogs owned.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
You honestly have no real clue what you're talking about. You don't seem to understand the basics of dog psychology or breeding. You think a primitive (i.e., not as domesticated) animal is better for families? Do you have a recipe for the shit you're smoking? It must be some strong stuff.

The link the OP posted? My stepdad did exactly that (breed/train guard/security dogs) as both a hobby and a side business.

There's a REASON why Pitbulls are NEVER used by both modern military and LEO units as an extraction or subjugation tool like they do with Shepherd breeds (German and Belgian are the most popular) and Dobermans and even Rottweilers (though much less so). They might be used as sniffers, etc., but never as a confrontational tool, even though, pound-for-pound, they're a stronger breed than most mid-sized dogs.

Dogs have a "blood-lust" barrier where, once they attack and eventually hit that barrier, they will stop ignoring commands and go on pure instinct. You can train most dogs to increase their threshold, but Pits were bred to keep going until the opponent stops moving.

Guess what, I had multiple surgeries to repair what a mutt (mix of field dogs) did to me. Care to gloss over that?

Guess what? If that was a Pit that got ahold of you, the chances of you being here to advocate for them would have been a LOT less.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
12-Year-Old Boy Killed By Pit Bull - CBS News

(CBS/AP) A boy was fatally mauled in a pit bull attack at his home Friday, authorities said. Police killed one of two dogs in the house, and captured the second.

Neighbor Aaron Vinnick, 11, said the victim — described as either 11 or 12 — lived in the apartment with his parents, brother and sister, and the two dogs.

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
And what the hell would the dog you posted do if it was not treated correctly smart guy? Answer my ****ing question! Is it just going to stop because you said so. If the pit was not treated like a toy fighter Michel Vick it would be as nice as the real toy dogs.

When a dog like that gets popular and given to the wrong owner it would turn out just like the physco pits too man wake the **** up!!!

Sent from earth to space and back using Tapatalk.

hb712

Established Member
The link the OP posted? My stepdad did exactly that (breed/train guard/security dogs) as both a hobby and a side business.

There's a REASON why Pitbulls are NEVER used by both modern military and LEO units as an extraction or subjugation tool like they do with Shepherd breeds (German and Belgian are the most popular) and Dobermans and even Rottweilers (though much less so). They might be used as sniffers, etc., but never as a confrontational tool, even though, pound-for-pound, they're a stronger breed than most mid-sized dogs.

Dogs have a "blood-lust" barrier where, once they attack and eventually hit that barrier, they will stop ignoring commands and go on pure instinct. You can train most dogs to increase their threshold, but Pits were bred to keep going until the opponent stops moving.

Guess what? If that was a Pit that got ahold of you, the chances of you being here to advocate for them would have been a LOT less.
Do you know why they're never used? They're not good in that line of work, they can't do what the other dogs can. Do you know why a shit ton of breeds aren't used in that type of work? Oh, it's the same reason?

You realize "blood-lust" isn't a real phenomenon the way you describe it and you are perpetuating a huge misinterpretation/lie? If you got that info from your stepdad, I can only assume he had no clue what was going on beyond the training he did.

Now you're telling me about what would have happened in my specific situation? The breed really made a significant difference? Do you even have a clue that you are talking about something with zero background knowledge, as if it is fact?

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Just get one of these:

[youtube_browser]mMwRGVLuq1Y[/youtube_browser]

No need for training. Just make sure the neighbors know that your dog will eat them.

Just puppies...

Last year I was looking at Turkish Kangal's only to find out that they arent allowed in the United States for breading. They maybe now...dunno. Tons of videos on the internet as well of them in action.

kangal02.jpg

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Just puppies...

Last year I was looking at Turkish Kangal's only to find out that they arent allowed in the United States for breading. They maybe now...dunno. Tons of videos on the internet as well of them in action.

kangal02.jpg

I have a co-worker that I "talk dog" with, and he's also considering the same dogs I am. According to him, he found a Kangal breeder in Texas that he's looking to visit in the near future.

I don't know if this is them: THE KANGAL DOG

He also found a Caucasian Ovcharka breeder in Las Vegas that we might go drive out and visit. I find this breeder intriguing, since LV has a similar climate to Phoenix, and I just don't see a dog like the Caucasian working in these climates.

What's even weirder (to me) is that he found a Leonberger breeder near Tucson, and those dogs are an even bigger stretch for me, as far as lowland AZ climates go. I left the Leonberger off my list, because they're not quite the land protector type I was looking for.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I have a co-worker that I "talk dog" with, and he's also considering the same dogs I am. According to him, he found a Kangal breeder in Texas that he's looking to visit in the near future.

I don't know if this is them: THE KANGAL DOG

He also found a Caucasian Ovcharka breeder in Las Vegas that we might go drive out and visit. I find this breeder intriguing, since LV has a similar climate to Phoenix, and I just don't see a dog like the Caucasian working in these climates.

What's even weirder (to me) is that he found a Leonberger breeder near Tucson, and those dogs are an even bigger stretch for me, as far as lowland AZ climates go. I left the Leonberger off my list, because they're not quite the land protector type I was looking for.

That's why I like Dogo's - they are better in hotter climates. They also have a great temperament and are not human aggressive. They are also a bigger dog so they have the intimidation factor a lot of people look for in working and guard dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread