I want both - Track pack and Technology package in GT350

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Just my unsolicited opinion, seems like a transmission would be cheaper than a lawyer. I mean... I'm not thrilled about it either, but I got what I paid for... a nice sport car to go to work with. Ford is going to say the tech pack isn't the track car and your issue is due to abuse, not a design flaw.

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I think it's funny to read all the posts here and at other forums about how poor the tech pack is or "I would never buy one". The simple fact is that more than likely 75% or more of GT350s sold no matter if they are a track, tech or R, will never even see a track. If you were someone who bought a 350 to track and had any experience, you should have known that a trans cooler is essential. The tech pack cars are just as good as the track pack cars in each have their own perks. I didn't think the recaro's sat well where the tech sat fine and could be adjusted more for comfort. Besides the fact on hot days I can keep my boys cool! The main point is enjoy the car for what it is. If it doesn't fit your plan, fix the issue or replace it. Trying to hold Ford accountable for this is silly.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it's funny to read all the posts here and at other forums about how poor the tech pack is or "I would never buy one". The simple fact is that more than likely 75% or more of GT350s sold no matter if they are a track, tech or R, will never even see a track. If you were someone who bought a 350 to track and had any experience, you should have known that a trans cooler is essential. The tech pack cars are just as good as the track pack cars in each have their own perks. I didn't think the recaro's sat well where the tech sat fine and could be adjusted more for comfort. Besides the fact on hot days I can keep my boys cool! The main point is enjoy the car for what it is. If it doesn't fit your plan, fix the issue or replace it. Trying to hold Ford accountable for this is silly.

I agree with everything you said.

Except in the way you spelled "satisfied" under your avatar.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Having gotten no where with Ford, and understanding now a lot more, it seems there is a lot more that is different in the tech package and there is no plug and play solution.
I have done extensive research and have been advised that Multi district litigation that then rolls into a class action is the way to go.
I will be filing in Florida
For additional info
Contact Rachel Furst,Esq
Grossman Roth
Miami
305-442-8666

There is a 3k fix but you refuse to look at it based on your own stupidity to purchase a tech.

Again Ford never stated the tech was the top Tara know Mustang and always showed the track and or R on track in their marketing material!

Go buy the coolers at 3k from Ford and move on. Or maybe you're too cheap to pay the extra.

Zemedici

Established Member
There is a 3k fix but you refuse to look at it based on your own stupidity to purchase a tech.

Again Ford never stated the tech was the top Tara know Mustang and always showed the track and or R on track in their marketing material!

Go buy the coolers at 3k from Ford and move on. Or maybe you're too cheap to pay the extra.

I bet lawyer fees will be WAY more than $3k to handle something of this caliber....seems much simpler to pony up and put the trans in. $3000 is ungodly cheap for what you get considering Ford transmissions alone can cost double that

apndx

My dealer is quoting 4800 for transmission and another 600 for cooler not including labor, and has no solution for differential cooler.
Also there are now reports that you can go limp on the highway when ambient temps are high and car is driven in a spirited fashion.
The issue is getting OEM solution at a cost that makes sense.
The problem with the differential cooler is the PCM, so that's a big problem.
Dealers nor Ford really disclosed details, supplemental manual released after car was owned.
Limp mode reported by owners not Ford.

Ah, and the recall! Still no parts!
Ford got 186 million and the dealers another 24 million in 2016 for the tech model, assuming 10k over sticker.
Ford for 2017 for a mere 3000 added the coolers and a few other changes.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
My dealer is quoting 4800 for transmission and another 600 for cooler not including labor, and has no solution for differential cooler.
Also there are now reports that you can go limp on the highway when ambient temps are high and car is driven in a spirited fashion.
The issue is getting OEM solution at a cost that makes sense.
The problem with the differential cooler is the PCM, so that's a big problem.
Dealers nor Ford really disclosed details, supplemental manual released after car was owned.
Limp mode reported by owners not Ford.

Ah, and the recall! Still no parts!
Ford got 186 million and the dealers another 24 million in 2016 for the tech model, assuming 10k over sticker.
Ford for 2017 for a mere 3000 added the coolers and a few other changes.
So basically because you chose not to purchase the coolers on your GT350R you think Ford should put it on your vehicle for free.

The entitlements we have in this country is outrageous!

Users who are viewing this thread