I want exhaust but don't want to pay for an axle bac.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Does magnaflow make just a miffler that will bolt/weld in place of the stock muffler I'm looking to spend less than 200-250 on the exhaust.

Tyler72

Established Member
They make an axle back system that bolts in...

Problem is the stock stuff is 2.75" and they (magnaflow) don't make any universal mufflers in that size that I'm aware of.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
gt500 mufflers are stock mufflers that weigh alot , why replace a stock muffler with another stock muffler? Mufflers alone won't make much power if any at all. Go with headers or midpipe for real hp gains.

RC-5.0

Established Member
gt500 mufflers are stock mufflers that weigh alot , why replace a stock muffler with another stock muffler? Mufflers alone won't make much power if any at all. Go with headers or midpipe for real hp gains.

Oh sorry, I misread the part where he said he was looking for real HP gains and looking to spend over $250 on headers. My bad.:nonono:

manny231988

Established Member
I got my quad tip gt 500 muffler for the look and sound ya they weigh a bit but paired with off road X its awsome sound. I guess it's whatever op wants obnoxious loud or good sound and loud when You need it and beside mufflers won't ver give you that much HP anyways but the regular gt500 ab's are a good sounding exhaust and even better with off road mid pipe

Last edited:

hopony

Established Member
Does magnaflow make just a miffler that will bolt/weld in place of the stock muffler I'm looking to spend less than 200-250 on the exhaust.

Yes magnaflow makes a muffler that fits part number is 12578. Had to buy a pack of ten hangers and pay a friend $100 to weld them into place. Total cost was $250.00

spdracr0

Established Member
You still have the cats on your car right? I wonder how it would sound muffler delete??

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If I were the OP, I would keep the stock mufflers and buy an offroad H pipe from Lethal Performance. 100% bolt in, will make the stock mufflers much louder, and will increase power at the same time. This will require a tune as well, but isn't that desirable in the first place?

Users who are viewing this thread