IC fluid question.

Back2Black

Established Member
I'm currently running around a 50/50 redline water wetter/distilled water mix. The weather here went from hot to cold pretty quick. My question is would it be safe to simply siphon out abit of my current mix and add some of the motorcraft gold coolant for the winter. waterwetter+water+premium gold coolant = ok?

bigmoose

Established Member
i use water wetter, ford gold coolant and water in my system with no troubles. if you are running half water wetter and half water, you are wasting your money, you don't need that much water wetter in the system.

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Yeah just siphon some out of the resovour , and replace with coolant. Better safe then sorry.

Patriot Guy

Established Member
I just replaced my Green Coolant when I upgraded to the AFCO H/E. Running 50/50 Prestone with Purple Ice. Really works great!! No foam and temps are down 30+ degrees. I have the interceptor guages to verify. Hope this helps.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
so i mixed 50/50 when i installed my HE will it be ok to add some Watter wetter to it or no??

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
the redline water wetter instructions say 3-4 cap fulls for every quart of distilled water. That 9-12 caps for a gallon water. The entire bottle is capable of treating 12+ gallons of water. If you're 50/50 water wetter to water, thats way too much. Fluch some out and dilute it. And the instructions also say it will mix with coolant just fine.

Silverboost

Established Member
I just replaced my Green Coolant when I upgraded to the AFCO H/E. Running 50/50 Prestone with Purple Ice. Really works great!! No foam and temps are down 30+ degrees. I have the interceptor guages to verify. Hope this helps.

:dw:

are you sure the ambient temp outside didn't drop 30 degrees?

the redline water wetter instructions say 3-4 cap fulls for every quart of distilled water. That 9-12 caps for a gallon water. The entire bottle is capable of treating 12+ gallons of water. If you're 50/50 water wetter to water, thats way too much. Fluch some out and dilute it. And the instructions also say it will mix with coolant just fine.

+1 Everyone always thinks more is better but the folks at Redline are explicitly clear as to what the concentration should be when using Water Wetter.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
If I were you, I would just pull the hose from your heat exhanger...drain it...approximately about 3/4 of a gallon...then fill it all back up with 50/50, gold coolant and distilled water...I'm not a fan of running watter wetter and distilled water when there is a chance of freezing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread