-IDEA- Would You support splitting the Terminator Forum into tech and show/talk

Do you support splitting the Terminator forum into show/talk and tech only?

• I like it the way it is.

Votes: 131 39.8%
  • Yes split it up.

Votes: 186 56.5%
  • We need another solution. (please specify)

Votes: 12 3.6%

• Total voters

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Just out of curiousity, would you support splitting the terminator forum into a technical forum and a show/talk type of forum.

There is an overwelming amount of non technical threads in the terminator forum. To me, it seems like the good threads are getting lost because of overwelming "Corral/Lounge" type of posts.

What are your thoughts.

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
I would support splitting it as you mentioned Mike, but you know that the thread originators are really what causes the technical posts to be moved away so quickly. Lot's of info can be gathered before posting simple questions, and by posting them in their proper forums to begin with. Lot's of pictures and vids get posted here in the Terminator section, along with best wax, lunch get togethers and so-on. One can argue that the posts belongs because it relates to a Cobra. I don't know if one extra forum is enough. Here is a suggestion:

Technical
-suspension/wheels/tires
-motor/drivetrain
-electronics
Styling
-exterior/interior/lighting
-audio/security
-car care

Other suggestions?

03DOHC

Established Member
Here's a suggestion. If it doesn't have to do with a Terminator don't post it in this forum. :)

There are many forums on this site and for some reason people do not or have not explored the other forums. We have a forum for posting pics, yet people post shitloads of pics here. We have a forum for videos, yet people post their videos here. We have a forum for general BS and people post their general BS posts here. :shrug:

It probably does need to be broken up and I'm for a detailing forum, if not to just get the zaino dividian away, but the general car wash questions out.

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Maybe we need a "Super Moderator" to just start moving stuff and people would get the idea.

Like you said there are enough forums. If you split it will the same thing happen again? The reason people post non-tech is because there is so much traffic here they get quicker responses/more attention, etc.

Now I need to look at your sig for a few miniutes and picture my car with the chrome wheels that should be arriving next week.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by KOTH
Maybe we need a "Super Moderator" to just start moving stuff and people would get the idea.

I do move the stuff and I have the whining/bitching/moaning PM's to prove it.

KOTH

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I do move the stuff and I have the whining/bitching/moaning PM's to prove it.

I guess that is why they pay you the big bucks. :D

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by KOTH
I guess that is why they pay you the big bucks. :D
LOL, I wish. hehe. I try to be fair because sometimes there are threads which don't really fit in any existing forum, like detailing questions for example. Others blatantly don't belong and I move those when I see them. I can't be on here all the time, so I get to it when I see them.

KOTH

Established Member
LOL, I wish. hehe. I try to be fair because sometimes there are threads which don't really fit in any existing forum, like detailing questions for example. Others blatantly don't belong and I move those when I see them. I can't be on here all the time, so I get to it when I see them.

I know. I sometimes prefer a few of the other Terminator oriented forums on other sites simply because it is easier to keep up on tech stuff and they are less cluttered. Also, notifications that function help. This site gets such great traffic though so I guess its a trade-off.

Keep up the good work. You are always helpful when I PM questions to you.

:beer:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I tried to bring this up months ago...we need a hardcore tech forum, keep the CAI's and which pulley is best for me, pics of my new car, which exhaust, etc topics in a special place of their own.

I hate sifting threw 3-4 pages of threads to find a thread with any amount of relevant tech info in it.

These guys have it figured out below. Maybe a Terminator forum, then it can be split up as below.

See page below for example.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/

This site is slowly becoming a place for redudant topics that get posted 3-4 times daily. I used to own a ls1, when I wanted to read bullshit I would go to www.ls1.com when I wanted to reach tech I would go to www.ls1tech.com ....see where im going with this??

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by broke7
I tried to bring this up months ago...we need a hardcore tech forum, keep the CAI's and which pulley is best for me, pics of my new car, which exhaust, etc topics in a special place of their own.

I hate sifting threw 3-4 pages of threads to find a thread with any amount of relevant tech info in it.

These guys have it figured out below. Maybe a Terminator forum, then it can be split up as below.

See page below for example.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/

This site is slowly becoming a place for redudant topics that get posted 3-4 times daily. I used to own a ls1, when I wanted to read bullshit I would go to www.ls1.com when I wanted to reach tech I would go to www.ls1tech.com ....see where im going with this??

broke, I feel the same exact way.

How many times can we answer the same questions over and over. I bet 1/2 the questions in the terminator forum right now *COULD* be answered by using the search button. I figured with the search button down I would cut some people a little slack, but it's fixed now and there is absolutely NO reason for half these posts.

Like broke said, there really needs to be a palce for hardcore tech and another for the foolish questions, picutres of waxed cars, pictures of new cars, pictures of the same mods everyone else has, questions about closest track/dynos, posts about wax, an on an on.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Here's a suggestion. If it doesn't have to do with a Terminator don't post it in this forum. :)

There are many forums on this site and for some reason people do not or have not explored the other forums. We have a forum for posting pics, yet people post shitloads of pics here. We have a forum for videos, yet people post their videos here. We have a forum for general BS and people post their general BS posts here. :shrug:

It probably does need to be broken up and I'm for a detailing forum, if not to just get the zaino dividian away, but the general car wash questions out.

I AGREE!! If it were only that simple!! How about a sticky topic that says "The search button works and the Terminator forum contain 1/2 a million posts, so use it."

It's 830am here and I already have to go back 4 pages to see the posts from last night.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4J
I would support splitting it as you mentioned Mike, but you know that the thread originators are really what causes the technical posts to be moved away so quickly. Lot's of info can be gathered before posting simple questions, and by posting them in their proper forums to begin with. Lot's of pictures and vids get posted here in the Terminator section, along with best wax, lunch get togethers and so-on. One can argue that the posts belongs because it relates to a Cobra. I don't know if one extra forum is enough. Here is a suggestion:

Technical
-suspension/wheels/tires
-motor/drivetrain
-electronics
Styling
-exterior/interior/lighting
-audio/security
-car care

Other suggestions?

This forum DEFINATELY needs a wax/car care and -audio/security forum.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I agree. A subdivision of the terminator forum is needed. It could be divided into three parts...General Tech, Hardcore Tech, and General information. Your "which CAI and CB exhaust threads can go in the general tech, your "pictures of my car, or "how is zaino" threads can go in general info, and your hardcore section is obvious. 03DOHC, how hard would it be for steve to change the forum to something like that?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I agree with a split and think that Tech and Show/Talk sections would be sufficient.
I also think that SVTP needs a separate detailing/wax section and possibly car audio/video too.

Juiced-03

Established Member
The only thing SVTP needs is a detailing forum. Everything else is perfect the way it is.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
Just out of curiousity, would you support splitting the terminator forum into a technical forum and a show/talk type of forum.

There is an overwelming amount of non technical threads in the terminator forum. To me, it seems like the good threads are getting lost because of overwelming "Corral/Lounge" type of posts.

What are your thoughts.

Agree.
The proliferation of "What's your favorite color Cobra" :mj: and the like threads are overwhelming the pertinent tech info.

Users who are viewing this thread