Identifying Exhaust

850SNCobra

Established Member
I am 95% sure my Cobra came with the Magnaflow MagPacks installed. When I was under the car the other day I didn't see any type of markings or anything on the exhaust that would for sure tell me that it's a Magnaflow magpack exhaust.

Is there anyplace I should look that will tell me for sure what exhaust is on the car? Previous owner didn't know what exhaust was on it, when I mentioned it was maybe a magnaflow he said "That might be the one"

I've pretty much been assuming and telling people when they ask that I have Magnaflow Mag Packs.

Edit: I uploaded a cold start video I took when I first got the car. Check it out below

Last edited:

850SNCobra

Established Member
Can u post up some pics of the mufflers?

They almost sound like flowmasters to me
I'll be able to get some pictures for sure after work tomorrow.

Funny that you mention they almost sound like Flowmasters. A guy in traffic pulled up next to me and asked me what they were and I told him Magnaflows, he then said "They sound just like my Flowmasters".

Recon

Established Member
Sound more like a chambered muffler than a straight thru one to me. Most likely flowmasters.

Pick your poison.

850SNCobra

Established Member
Only reason I believed they were magnaflows was because of when I get on the gas, like above 5k it’ll pop/crackle like the magpacks that I’ve heard, I didn’t rev it too much in that video.

Now that I’m going back and listening to few more cobras w/flowmasters mine does sound close to that too.

I think what’s throwing me off the most is there’s no markings or anything on the exhaust at all. On a few of the videos I’ve seen, I can see at least the words “flowmaster” stamped onto the exhaust.

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
Real flowmasters have the name stamped on them. Fake flowmasters don’t. I know I sell both.

Pick your poison.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I wouldn’t worry so much about the brand but the design. If they are round they are pretty much straight through like magnapacks. If they are oval they can be straight through or chambered. Or a combo of both like Bassani.

850SNCobra

Established Member
Yeah I guess you're right, the branding doesn't matter too much as long as it's working and working how it should, it sounds good though which is why I was kinda curious so that when people ask I can give'em a correct answer lol.

I was trying to edit my earlier post to show another cobra that sounds exactly like mine :

I still plan to get those pictures after work today too.

850SNCobra

Established Member
Can u post up some pics of the mufflers?

They almost sound like flowmasters to me
Here's a few not so great photo's. I snapped these before work this morning.
But you can basically see there's no branding on the mufflers unless it's on the front or top side and I missed it. But usually the flowmasters will have it stamped right there on the bottom
45178169541_0dbf76a132_k.jpg

45178169701_591924eccb_z.jpg

43364427700_2e214a4ba7_c.jpg

850SNCobra

Established Member
Thanks for the help! I would’ve never guessed it was a Mac. I don’t think I’ve heard a Mac exhaust until I got this car.

Users who are viewing this thread