If it were possible would you travel forward or backward in time?

Prototype007

Established Member
Used too I would have answered with,"Return to the past to correct things."

Nowadays, I'm fine with everything and just ready to live out the rest of my life.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'd go back & not date some of the women I have dated. :)
Also go back and perform some magic so my Grandparents were still alive.

elcobrita

Established Member
I would choose to go forward, the past makes us who we are... Any anyone saying they'd go back for lottery numbers is an idiot! you need to go forward dumbasses!

You are a moron. We know what the lottery numbers are for past drawings, you go BACK in time to pick those numbers that are going to be drawn. Dumbass

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
If I knew the future was actually going to be there - future for sure, I want to meet E.T. and travel at warp. Problem is if you go to the future and it's a big black nothing, that would be a buzz kill. This is all really irrelevant anyway as traveling into the future isn't possible, only traveling into the past is, or will be (duh).

Other way around. Travel to the future is more possible than going backward. If someone could travel at light speed they essentially built a time machine. Want to go a year into the future? Travel for 6 months at light speed in one direction then turn around. For those traveling at light speed the trip seems only a moment in time and have not aged. Outside the craft a year has passed. Going backwards would probably require all the energy available in the universe and I've read that it's theorized a reverse time machine would cause a Big Crunch.

Astrodude or snover correct me if I'm wrong.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm torn between going forward and traveling to the stars, or going back and seeing the pyramids new and shiny, see a play by the Bard, listen in on Plato's speech, etc. If pressed, I would go forward.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
All fun in games but if it were serious I think most of us would do it differently. Lottery ticket or tell that friend not ride his motorcycle that day? Would I tell me other friend she shouldn't go boating today? Maybe I could tell my grandfather about the mass in his body that would eventually cause his kidneys to be removed which eventually killed him. My wife's boss lost his son two days ago to drowning at the age of 17....maybe I could tell him to stay in. ON a larger scale maybe we could inform Pearl Harbor days ahead of time so they could prep for war. Debbie Downer, but just being real.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Past.

Snatch up a few homes/properties for dirt ****ing cheap in the 50's and sell them for millions now.

GFs grandmother bought a house in Cupertino for $13k, itll sell this week for $1.2m, and its literally nothing to look at structurally, just the land value alone. The new owners will prolly demo it and build a $1M structure on the lot. Or a coworker whos grandparents bought a bunch of land a block from the ocean here, for a few grand back then, now worth a cool $10-15m. The montly income alone from rentals/leases is almost $100k, and estimated to increase 15% a year.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
You are a moron. We know what the lottery numbers are for past drawings, you go BACK in time to pick those numbers that are going to be drawn. Dumbass

to go back in time to get numbers, then come back to your original point in time after a lottery pick....you didnt think this through did you. hence, you go forward, get the numbers for the future and come back, place them and win.

elcobrita

Established Member
to go back in time to get numbers, then come back to your original point in time after a lottery pick....you didnt think this through did you. hence, you go forward, get the numbers for the future and come back, place them and win.

Your first sentence proves me right. You go back in time because you already know the winning numbers. No sense in going to the future to see future drawings when you already know numbers from past drawings. Go back in time to with the winning numbers in hand.

elcobrita

Established Member
All fun in games but if it were serious I think most of us would do it differently. Lottery ticket or tell that friend not ride his motorcycle that day? Would I tell me other friend she shouldn't go boating today? Maybe I could tell my grandfather about the mass in his body that would eventually cause his kidneys to be removed which eventually killed him. My wife's boss lost his son two days ago to drowning at the age of 17....maybe I could tell him to stay in. ON a larger scale maybe we could inform Pearl Harbor days ahead of time so they could prep for war. Debbie Downer, but just being real.
That's why I wouldn't go back. The past is already written and we have overcome it. I don't wanna relive some of my past. Traveling in the future would be dope and something new.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Theres no way im going to the past, not really sure i want to go the the future either.
A Cadillac CTS-V Wagon... Over 600 HP lol.

He probably thinks since Ford doesnt make it that it doesnt exist. Although its not as fast as the CTSV the Dodge Magnum SRT moves out too.

Last edited:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Your first sentence proves me right. You go back in time because you already know the winning numbers. No sense in going to the future to see future drawings when you already know numbers from past drawings. Go back in time to with the winning numbers in hand.

you aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

BMR Tech

Good read. WRA

I'm 50/50. There are a few things I wish I would have taken advantage of, in the past. Not sure if those are worth passing up a trip to the future. hmmm

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

You guys are arguing the same shit from different time points.

Outlaw, you are saying that to get rich in the present, you go forward to get the numbers and then jump back to the present to play them.

Elcobrita is saying that he will use the known numbers on past plays that we know today, and he will jump back in time to play them, and have the past money today (IE stick it in a bank account or something).

You guys are both right, just arguing over how to do it. Though if it were me, seeing todays lottery's are much more, id jump forward, get the numbers, then jump back to present day to play them. Past lotteries arent much $$$ so youd have to play multiple ones and deposit the money accordingly for use today.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
You guys are arguing the same shit from different time points.

Outlaw, you are saying that to get rich in the present, you go forward to get the numbers and then jump back to the present to play them.

Elcobrita is saying that he will use the known numbers on past plays that we know today, and he will jump back in time to play them, and have the past money today (IE stick it in a bank account or something).

You guys are both right, just arguing over how to do it. Though if it were me, seeing todays lottery's are much more, id jump forward, get the numbers, then jump back to present day to play them. Past lotteries arent much $$$ so youd have to play multiple ones and deposit the money accordingly for use today.

There were a few BIG pay outs in recent years. Just pick one, two, or all of them lol.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Didn't somebody win something like $465 million in the powerball recently? Get the numbers from the drawing just before, go back in time and hand them to yourself. profit. I say the drawing before so when you win you aren't sharing with whoever actually won. If you go into the future to get numbers you'd also have to check and see if you're still alive to play. I'd take the backwards route, the longer you have with the money the better.

A Ray Bradbury fan:beer:

I'd go back one day with lotto numbers in hand.
Yes sir, one of my favorites :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread