If it were possible would you travel forward or backward in time?

cobra199711

Established Member
Some water cooler talk that I thought was interesting and I chose backwards. I would love to see the pyramids of Giza being built, witness what happened to the settlers on Roanoke, witness what truly happened in Roswell etc... Some of my friends were all over the place. What would your choice be?

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I'd rather be able to go back. I think being able to witness history (and maybe correct some minor mistakes I've made) would be sweet. I don't really wanna see the future....

cobra199711

Established Member
I'd rather be able to go back. I think being able to witness history (and maybe correct some minor mistakes I've made) would be sweet. I don't really wanna see the future....

Hahaha, I also said the same thing correct some of my mistakes...

tkeinia

Established Member
if i had to chose one, hummm i think backwards and kick myself in the ass for some of the things i have done and tell myself to take school more seriously, really didnt do well in high school. and take myself some winning lotto numbers and money making ideas.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Definitely forward. I'm living with few regrets that I would want to correct. I want to see where the human race ends up in say 500 years.

oldmodman

Established Member
Is this a one time only trip or as many as you want but only in the one direction?

I would take going into the future.
What I would do.

1) Find out when I will die. Make sure I am not around that day.

2) Get the next days stock prices.

3) Buy a 100 inch 4K OLED TV on a "being discontinued" close out about fifteen years from now.

4) Buy all the great movies from the next 25 (or more) years on 4K data bubbles and the thought controlled player for them. X-Men 31 was fantastic. Wait until you see the new character "Cheerleader" project matter and antimatter beams from her boobs. She flies too.

5) Go to the 47 anniversary introduction of the new Mutant McRib Sandwich. Made with genuine Brontosaurus Ribs.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Do we need to put you on suicide watch?

lol no, I guess that sounded a lot darker than I intended. I just feel like I might be "spoiling" it for myself if I get to see what happens ahead of time. Like what if I found out when someone I know or myself dies, or the end of the world, or some other crazy shit. When I got back it would be like living with a countdown hovering over my head waiting for that moment.

Or maybe I've put too much thought into this and I need another beer.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Hmm since this is all theoretical hence no rules, I would travel into the future and get a badass suit of armor or something that protects against current weapons, then travel back to WWII. I've always been so fascinated with it's history and everything. The battles of Normandy, Pearl Harbor, Stalingrad, etc. I could sit and read a book about one battle all day.

Users who are viewing this thread