If you are running Race Gas What type/Brand

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Before i switched to e85 i was running VP c10 which is 100 octane unleaded. Stick to unleaded race fuels because lead can mess up the factory wideband o2 sensors. Also, make sure your car is tuned for the exact fuel youre running. I tried running c20 on a 93 octane tune and the car was acting up a little bit.

E85 is the best race gas out there if its available in your area

Last edited:

D98GT

Established Member
My tuner (Triangle Speed Shop) recommended that I use MS109 so that is what I was tuned on. The car made quite a bit more when aggressive on race fuel vs the 93 that I usually run.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I use a private label version of VP C12. It is called 112 Blue. I have ran 22 gallons through, maybe a 1/3 to 1/2 of that ended up mixed with 93 after my track visits were over. I normally buy 5 gallons and put it in at the track. I either time the gas to be at 10 miles or less to empty at the track or use the fuel drain kit to get it there. Say what you will, but I have had no problems with the factory O2 sensors so far. First hand experience. It has served as a nice option for me and will until I go with a fuel system and injectors for E85.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I use a private label version of VP C12. It is called 112 Blue. I have ran 22 gallons through, maybe a 1/3 to 1/2 of that ended up mixed with 93 after my track visits were over. I normally buy 5 gallons and put it in at the track. I either time the gas to be at 10 miles or less to empty at the track or use the fuel drain kit to get it there. Say what you will, but I have had no problems with the factory O2 sensors so far. First hand experience. It has served as a nice option for me and will until I go with a fuel system and injectors for E85.

Ahhh that's what it was called. Any difference from C12 other than it is blue? What are the advantages of it. I assume it's still leaded eh?

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member

Is it the same thing as Sunoco Supreme 112?

Riptide

Established Member
I'm guessing that anyone interested in race fuel who could switch to E85 probably has done so. Everyone else is stuck paying $8-15/gallon for the alternatives.

Users who are viewing this thread