If you could paint your cobra any color......opinions please!

sdg97232

Established Member
OK guys I've been kicking the idea around of a complete repaint for my cobra as its the worst color of all time zinc yellow. Right now the car is at the perfect stage for a paint job, no drive train, interior will be stripped for install of the Kenny Brown matrix subframe kit. If you could paint it any NON 03-04 cobra color what would it be? I'm a big fan of GM's jetstream blue and cyber gray, also I'm thinking yellow blaze would look badass! I just want to hear what you guys would do, the car will be rolling on a set of ccw drag pack that I need to get powder coated but I need to settle on a color for the car 1st.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
assuming its being done right
gulfstream blue
gray carbon metallic (on the 35th ann. camaro)
teal
bright atlantic blue

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
I know ZY isn't the prettiest color but isn't it a rare color? but yeah any of the blues are nice I also like the bimini blue and strawberry from the 90s foxes...

sdg97232

Established Member
Yes its rareish for the cobras, I was kinda shocked to find out more ZY Machs were made then cobras. Really in the end zinc is just undesirable and brings the value of the car down, if I paint it just about any other color more then likely I would get that money back and then some if I sold the car.

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
Yes its rareish for the cobras, I was kinda shocked to find out more ZY Machs were made then cobras. Really in the end zinc is just undesirable and brings the value of the car down, if I paint it just about any other color more then likely I would get that money back and then some if I sold the car.

Good point good luck with your decision

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
I like the 93 cobra teal. I am not sure what color it was, but I saw a new jaguar in this off red, sort of like comp orange, but more red that I thought a cobra would look real good in.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Bright Atlantic Blue -
Beryllium Orange - (From the Saleen)
Nassau Blue or Jetstream Blue - (From the zo6)

Tractionless1

Established Member

How so when ZY was also put on other Fords. Mystichrome was only applied to Cobra's and for a single year.

As for repainting yours, burnt orange or a silver/olive 2 tone.

sdg97232

Established Member
How so when ZY was also put on other Fords. Mystichrome was only applied to Cobra's and for a single year.

As for repainting yours, burnt orange or a silver/olive 2 tone.

I was speaking of only 03 cobras, I know zinc was on the 01's as well and maybe the 99's. Not sure why you brought up MC but ford painted wayyy more 04 cobras MC then 03's in zinc. I do like fords ingot silver.

Last edited:

Bumblebee03

Established Member
I think this is what Kurt is talking about

20130816_141319_zps2b91d5c4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread