If you had 45k for one car...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
'87 GN with a built 3.8 and a giant turbo.

And an LS swap? :p

At the drag strip last month there was a GMC Syclone with a built LQ4 6.0, twin 6266 turbos, and a built 4L80e.. The build was so so effing clean you could eat off of any spot in the engine bay. I about lost it.

He was ironing out a bunch of kinks so it wasn't all that fast (mid 10s at high 120s), but the damn thing was well positioned to be a clean, reliable 8 second DD. It was a bad bitch to say the least.

_Snake_

Established Member
Agree. No doubt German cars are fun to drive have and have great performance (I drool over a 911 Turbo). But hell to the no would I ever want to own one. I had a 1991 Mercedes 420 SEL. Was a wonderful car, but for a beater S class would cost over $5000 to fix. I cant even begin to image the price tag on a MODERN German performance car.

My long block is $25k. Hence my stock tune. Lol

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
And an LS swap? :p

At the drag strip last month there was a GMC Syclone with a built LQ4 6.0, twin 6266 turbos, and a built 4L80e.. The build was so so effing clean you could eat off of any spot in the engine bay. I about lost it.

He was ironing out a bunch of kinks so it wasn't all that fast (mid 10s at high 120s), but the damn thing was well positioned to be a clean, reliable 8 second DD. It was a bad bitch to say the least.

Remember this?

upload_2019-3-9_12-4-19.jpeg

p159283_image_large.jpg

ATX5.0

Established Member
With 45k I’d buy a gen2 built block, cams, etc capable of 500whp plus (naturally aspirated) and build my 2012 mustang. I’d also spend money on a tremec trans, other drivetrain mods, brakes, wheels, etc and have some cash left over.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hey guys-

Like the title says... If you had 40-45k for one car to drive year round as a daily, and "weekend warrior", what would it be and why?

I would lean towards a '13-14 GT500, but wanted to hear other people's opinions....
Agreed

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I want to say Gen 2 Viper, it is a good daily as I've dailied mine.
But it's not good in the winter.

For this answer I would probably pick a BMW M550D.
Roughly 400 diesel horsepower which can easily be bumped to atleast 600 with some easy mods and it's luxurious and nice to ride.

I did race a BMW 535d in my Viper and it was close, I beat him with about half a car length.
And his car was a damn station wagon.
Driving behind him I could hear his turbo spool. It was a pretty awesome ride

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Went and test drove a 2013 Audi S6 Prestige this morning with 81K on the clock ($28.5K), but $500 gets you a 2 year/100K powertrain warranty. I loved it. Freaking LOVED it... However, I have no reason to replace my car with it other than just because. The car is everything I wanted, minus the exhaust being way too quiet. My vote stands with an S6.

trxcobra

Established Member
996 911TT, or 997 Carrera S/4S would probably be my choice if I were looking to spend $45-50k on a fun daily. Though not sure if having a warranty is a must for you.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
For this answer I would probably pick a BMW M550D.
Roughly 400 diesel horsepower which can easily be bumped to atleast 600 with some easy mods and it's luxurious and nice to ride.

I had to look this up to see what you were talking about. Bad ass. Essentially a diesel M5 wagon. No chance this makes it to the US. Also, list would be >2x OP's budget. Other than that is a good choice though.

Users who are viewing this thread