If you had 45k for one car...

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I'd buy an Screw 4x4 5.0 18'. Throw a Roush or VMP or Whipple kit on it.

The 5.0 A10 pickups straight up scream. With boost on them, they damn near make cars obsolete aside from turning.

Screw for hauling friends, kids, and your junk around. Bed for doing house projects and buying stuff. Go offroading with the 4x4. Drag racing with the 700hp 5.0/A10 combo.

AMGPower55

Established Member
I'd buy an Screw 4x4 5.0 18'. Throw a Roush or VMP or Whipple kit on it.

The 5.0 A10 pickups straight up scream. With boost on them, they damn near make cars obsolete aside from turning.

Screw for hauling friends, kids, and your junk around. Bed for doing house projects and buying stuff. Go offroading with the 4x4. Drag racing with the 700hp 5.0/A10 combo.

If I needed a bed/four doors, that would be a very solid idea! I saw that Lebanon Ford has packages w/ warranty for 750hp for the A10 F-150's.. Pretty solid!

Dusten

Established Member
I'd buy another 1 year old CPO Audi S4, I loved that ****ing car. And I live where its perpetually wet, so its a great play toy/dd

lilcoop03

Established Member
I haven't read anything saying you want a big car or a back seat so...

The correct answer here is whatever vette fits in the budget

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Have you had the chance to drive a Charger Hellcat? Slightly fonder of those, just curious.. Also do they handle as mediocre as the reviews say in comparison to GT500's and ZL1's? Thanks!

I have. I actually owned 4 Chargers on the current chassis, including 2 SRT's. They are great cars. I ended up keeping the Challenger and got a G80 for the family 4 door. The Challenger just seemed more of a sporty car, even though the Charger will hang with it on any track.

As for as cornering goes... its like anything else. You have to learn to drive the car. The weight makes it so steering input mistakes are not as forgiving as a GT500. I think that some of the negative feedback comparing the steering response has been based on either people being a fan of the Mustang over the Challenger or not running the car in track mode. The Default/Street mode is designed to give you a very comfortable ride and there is a lot of body roll in that mode. In track mode, its as good or better than the Shelby at holding the curves.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
C6 Zo6-slightly modded (510 ish at the tires)
2014 + Z28 ( same hp)
11/12-GT500 (600 or so rwhp)
04 Terminator (500 ish as well)

Assuming not a daily

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

AMGPower55

Established Member
I haven't read anything saying you want a big car or a back seat so...

The correct answer here is whatever vette fits in the budget

Fair enough
I have. I actually owned 4 Chargers on the current chassis, including 2 SRT's. They are great cars. I ended up keeping the Challenger and got a G80 for the family 4 door. The Challenger just seemed more of a sporty car, even though the Charger will hang with it on any track.

As for as cornering goes... its like anything else. You have to learn to drive the car. The weight makes it so steering input mistakes are not as forgiving as a GT500. I think that some of the negative feedback comparing the steering response has been based on either people being a fan of the Mustang over the Challenger or not running the car in track mode. The Default/Street mode is designed to give you a very comfortable ride and there is a lot of body roll in that mode. In track mode, its as good or better than the Shelby at holding the curves.

Thanks for the input! I like the idea of the Charger, lower mileage ones are still hovering in the high 40's.. Hopefully in 6 months they could be low 40's.

AMGPower55

Established Member
C6 Zo6-slightly modded (510 ish at the tires)
2014 + Z28 ( same hp)
11/12-GT500 (600 or so rwhp)
04 Terminator (500 ish as well)

Assuming not a daily

Would be a daily, so the terminator or Z/28 probably wouldn't cut it.

C6Z is always comes to mind for best value...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Same thread as all the rest....

yep...here we go again.

n3vpyd-gif.1553004

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
Cars with a manual option (in this order):
GT350 (if you eon't care about a back seat)
ATS-V
2nd Gen CTS-V
BMW M4

Cars without a manual option:
Audi RS5
Nissan GTR (used seems to be sitting around 50k)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread